PDA

View Full Version : The App, The Content Restrictions, and one seriously pissed fan.

Tanyn
11-23-2014, 05:54 AM
Firstly, there are just so many things wrong with the implementation of the companion app, to begin with.

In every single AC game since brotherhood, this system was included INSIDE the game, and was presented as a mini-game. For AC4BF, they tested unfamiliar waters (to the AC franchise), and made it so you HAD to be connected to the servers, to play your single-player mini-game. Now, for ACU, they used the same formula for the mini-game, they just took it out of the main title itself, and subsequently forced us to go OUTSIDE of our game, in order to unlock content within it. (I believe the fans have already spoken - quite loudly - about how much they hate it when you lock us out of in-game content via out-of-game programs ... though I've long since stopped expecting that you'll actually listen to any of us)

I wouldn't be so irate about this, save for a couple of issues.

A) The general failure that is the Companion App. It's riddled with so many game-breaking bugs I would think it was developed on an Amiga ... by a stoned gerbil. Even a PASSIVE concern for the quality of your products would've been nice here. There is simply no way whatsoever that you were not aware of these issues at launch, Ubisoft. But, you had to meet deadlines, so you actively chose to ship out a knowingly broken product, falling back on the whole "meh, we'll fix it later" horse piss. At the rate you're going, no one will care anymore by the time you get around to fixing it. There are already users dropping off by the hundreds, losing interest in this game due to the general brokenness ... and the fact that they can finish all plot missions in less than 5 hours. You need to get a fire lit under that *** of yours, and fix your software, before people just write it off, and this game is forever remembered as the complete waste of time that it is right now.

B) The fact that you are now locked out of 100% synchronization, unless you play the app (to open up the final few artifacts in La Bievre) ... which you simply can't.

C) Those of us who don't have androids or iPhones are forced to either go without any of the content provided by the app, or download programs such as BlueStacks ... which can be considered going a long way out of our way, for an app that simply doesn't work.

Look, you tried it, twice now. Yes the app is all fancy and it's all neat and clever how you can link it to the game, but you need to keep it at that. Have it be a COMPANION, as it's labeled, not a mandatory piece of software that is required if you want 100% completion. Again, you tried it, the fans (or the majority that i've seen) absolute hate it ... but who am I kidding, you're going to keep doing it anyway ... because **** what we think.

Final gripe: STOP LOCKING US OUT OF CONTENT! ... Be it through Initiates, or the App, or any one of your ridiculously transparent in-game transaction options ($100 transaction option in a $60 game? ... you greedy bastards haven't gotten enough of our money?). We paid full price for the game ... We did not pay $45 for the game, $10 for the app, and $5 for AC Initiates ... we paid one single price, for one single game .... so can we please have UNRESTRICTED access to that single game's content?

similarly
11-23-2014, 06:39 AM
I agree. I don't like the companion app or the initiates website, largely because they don't work right for me.

Fatal-Feit
11-23-2014, 06:47 AM
You mean since AC:2. Even AC:2 had its restrictions like Verizon's exclusive colors and always online DRM.

Anyway, I agree.

del170919084429
11-23-2014, 07:00 AM
You speak the truth brother, rise up against the evil.

Green_Reaper
11-23-2014, 10:18 AM
The app is pointless in my opinion. Not going to bother with it.

Berol1991
11-23-2014, 12:17 PM
What for? If evil is paid buy us we don't really have to rise against it. We can just say "Stop it or we will stop playing". It's not like UbiSoft do anything because they are kind. They take money for it. I think and other comany can take them in place of Ubi.

And seriouse. I've already wrote one post about deleting connection between both bugged AC:I and same Companion with AC games. AC:I is useless. I understand that it was made to grant long-time fans of serie, but we are long-time fans. And I can't get any reward 'cause of bugs. Companion is like you said. Much better when part of game.

Wheatley-_-
11-23-2014, 01:44 PM
200% agree with Tanyn. I will never install or use the comp app to get ingame content oder 100% sync, thats completely the wrong way games are going to, especially "singleplayer-games"!

Zmidd
11-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Tanyn's post is firing a hammer down from orbit and still managing to hit the nail perfectly. The way the AC4 app worked was pretty spot-on - it gave you a funky and totally optional way of doing stuff that is perfectly possible to do in-game, along with the possibility of having stuff (like a map) displayed on a second screen as you're playing the game on your primary screen. What it utterly and completely failed to do is lock you out of content if you didn't use it. Why the hell Ubisoft thought that the Unity app would be an improvement is totally mystifying to me, especially as all they need to do to fix the primary problem with it (though there are others) is to put all the 'Nomad Brotherhood' stuff from the app into the actual game itself, accessed via, say, an NPC or map in the Cafes, in much the same way you could access the Brotherhood missions via the maps in the Assassin Dens in AC:Revelations, or access the fleet missions via the captains cabin on the Jackdaw in AC4.

MajorSalty
11-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Exactly my opinion.

I feel like the implementation of this companion app is also one reason why they don't let you have multiple saves, because it'd mess up the synchronization with the app.
I just had to start a new game (by deleting the save files from the save folder) after a game breaking bug, and now the nomad chests are obviously locked again. The progress on the companion app wasn't reset though, so I thought "Hmm, maybe I can just open the chests right away now, I already unlocked them in the companion app." BUT NO, they're locked, and the companion app doesn't let you just redo the mission to unlock the chests again. I'd probably have to reinstall the app and do all the stuff all over again. Of course, I'd have to do the same if it was implemented in the game, but it's still annoying, especially after you put so much time into it.

Tanyn
11-23-2014, 05:56 PM
... because it'd mess up the synchronization with the app...

So far as I can see, there's no hope for getting the app to synchronize with the game properly. Hell, at the point I'm at with it now, every *single* loading screen is a total tossup as to whether the app will completely crash or not.

Tanyn
11-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Tanyn's post is firing a hammer down from orbit and still managing to hit the nail perfectly.

Lol, interesting way to describe it ... I approve :D

Boghtdrincker
11-23-2014, 06:52 PM
I agree with Tanyn, for me I want the sans-culotte set without joining/creating a club iam working better alone (takes me longer but the results are the same).

Tanyn
11-23-2014, 08:19 PM
I agree with Tanyn, for me I want the sans-culotte set without joining/creating a club iam working better alone (takes me longer but the results are the same).

Oh god don't even get me STARTED on how much damned Legendary Gear is locked behind Club Competition (which these inconsiderate asshats didn't even bother to put in the game). I want the Legendary Prowler set myself.

ACE7492
11-23-2014, 08:34 PM
I see this game leaning too much to a forced multiplayer experience. Not in every way, but it's there, slowly pushing away from the single player goodness that make AC such a good franchise. I'm not saying any of the games were completely perfect, because everyone has their own idea of what great is. But this game was founded on a system that has clearly worked well enough to spawn several great games. Watching them hurt this franchise with gated gear, poorly implemented features, and forced multiplayer is very depressing. But alas, the game looks really good (for some) and the crowds are so........crowded.

Mybrainisanut
11-23-2014, 11:01 PM
... or download programs such as BlueStacks ... which can be considered going a long way out of our way, for an app that simply doesn't work.

If BlueStacks does actually connect, yeah.
I don't get why playing a computer game does need an app. Is this some kind of weird ****, after only console titels did not work as well as the publishers dreamed about?
My personal bet; this is one way to access the multi million dollar market of having any kind of information about their clients :nonchalance:

Anyway, we can't expect someone to work at the weekend. Simple as it is, if they are not able to fix the stuff until the end of this week, they have at least one future client lost.

NightmareGK13
11-23-2014, 11:10 PM
You already know my opinion Tanyn so no point in writing an elaborate text to say how much I agree with you... let's just say a lot :P

Tanyn
11-24-2014, 12:59 AM
You already know my opinion Tanyn so no point in writing an elaborate text to say how much I agree with you... let's just say a lot :P

Indeed :) I know I'm not alone in my complaints ... now if only we could get Ubisoft to listen to us, or better yet TALK to us (enough of the Twitter updates, no one gives a **** about Twitter ... this is your OFFICIAL forum for the game, where everyone goes to vent ... how about talking to us HERE?!).

Also, by "Talk", I don't mean one or two moderators, poking their head in every few days, and pasting a general "tell support" post-it note. I mean COMMUNICATING with us, you know ... us ... the ones who pay your salaries? Your fans? ... Surely you remember US, right?

mirage357
11-24-2014, 04:52 AM
This post may very well add more fuel to the currently burning bonfire. But I feel the need to point certain things out. Not every ACU player is having a bad experience with the game, the app, or the initiates site. But how often do you see those posts here on the forums. I barely see any, not because they don't exist but because they get washed up in all the negative posts. So I'm posting how I feel about the game, and hogwash anyone who tries to belittle me for it.

1. Personally I have had no performance issues with the game itself, it ran perfectly from day one. Now while certain bugs have been an annoyance none have yet to STOP ME! from achieving completion, which I am oh so close to doing.

2. The App, I have been fortunate enough not to be reset (fingers crossed) and am only a few missions from completion here too. I for one, am not a fan of the app but I want completion. So I've used it because I want what I want...Completion.

3. The Initiates site, like most was not updating for me from the get go but is now fully up-to-date and working like a charm. I now have all Gold Chests unlocked.

4. The price Tag, Here in Australia was $139 for the Notre Dame Edition. I haven't spent another dollar on it and am nearly on 100% completion. no need for some $100 time saver (these are for the people that don't want to, or don't have the time to play the game to its full potential). Yes I want club comp to come out so I can have the gear I would prefer to have but Currently the legendary gear available is WAY more than enough to have gotten me to the end of the game.

To turn a long story short these games are built for the masses, not designed for each individuals tastes. If you want to play it, play it how they made it. If you don't want to play what they made for you, play something else. I have not liked some particulars of this release of AC I enjoy the franchise ad will continue to support them in it. (Don't get me wrong I don't but ALL Ubisoft games, I'd be stupid to do so, but AC is a success for me).

I feel for those that have not had a great experience with this Release of the AC Saga. I hope if you are a long term fan you will support its continuation. Would you really want this to be the last AC would you want to see it finish like this. Would it not be better to see AC finish in its grandest moment. Shame on those that shun this game because it isnt exactly what they want. 1 person is nothing, this community is everything. And your showing Ubisoft you don't want a next AC. it wouldn't surprise me if they said "Screw-em they don't want this we won't make it" What in the heck would you play then to replace the Experience of playing AC!!!

similarly
11-24-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm glad you're having a great time, Mirage. I, for one, haven't had technical issues with the game itself. However, neither the app nor initiates are working for me. It's not that we don't want to see another AC game. Don't make our complaints into a straw man argument. Rather, I think many people are disappointed at things that should work, but don't.

ballistic983
11-24-2014, 06:41 AM
I agree that the addition of the App, AC Initiates chests, and all the locked away content which requires Co-op play are all pointless restrictions on a full priced game. I want to have the ability to unlock all content via single-player without paying for additional content and using bloated apps and services.

Why are we the experimental guinea pigs of the gaming community? Did we ask for this?

Tanyn
11-24-2014, 06:42 AM
This post may very well add more fuel to the currently burning bonfire. But I feel the need to point certain things out. Not every ACU player is having a bad experience with the game, the app, or the initiates site. But how often do you see those posts here on the forums. I barely see any, not because they don't exist but because they get washed up in all the negative posts. So I'm posting how I feel about the game, and hogwash anyone who tries to belittle me for it.

1. Personally I have had no performance issues with the game itself, it ran perfectly from day one. Now while certain bugs have been an annoyance none have yet to STOP ME! from achieving completion, which I am oh so close to doing.

2. The App, I have been fortunate enough not to be reset (fingers crossed) and am only a few missions from completion here too. I for one, am not a fan of the app but I want completion. So I've used it because I want what I want...Completion.

3. The Initiates site, like most was not updating for me from the get go but is now fully up-to-date and working like a charm. I now have all Gold Chests unlocked.

4. The price Tag, Here in Australia was $139 for the Notre Dame Edition. I haven't spent another dollar on it and am nearly on 100% completion. no need for some $100 time saver (these are for the people that don't want to, or don't have the time to play the game to its full potential). Yes I want club comp to come out so I can have the gear I would prefer to have but Currently the legendary gear available is WAY more than enough to have gotten me to the end of the game.

To turn a long story short these games are built for the masses, not designed for each individuals tastes. If you want to play it, play it how they made it. If you don't want to play what they made for you, play something else. I have not liked some particulars of this release of AC I enjoy the franchise ad will continue to support them in it. (Don't get me wrong I don't but ALL Ubisoft games, I'd be stupid to do so, but AC is a success for me).

I feel for those that have not had a great experience with this Release of the AC Saga. I hope if you are a long term fan you will support its continuation. Would you really want this to be the last AC would you want to see it finish like this. Would it not be better to see AC finish in its grandest moment. Shame on those that shun this game because it isnt exactly what they want. 1 person is nothing, this community is everything. And your showing Ubisoft you don't want a next AC. it wouldn't surprise me if they said "Screw-em they don't want this we won't make it" What in the heck would you play then to replace the Experience of playing AC!!!

Keep in mind, I'm not belittling you for how you feel about this game ... I'm outright assaulting you for INSULTING me (not to mention putting a WHOLE LOT of words in my mouth), while telling me not to belittle you.

You had a good experience, how nice for you ... Your judgmental hypocrisy however, was unwarranted. If you want to put words in my mouth, then at least make them the right words, that have any relevance to anything i said when taken in context.

Think about WHY I'm so aggravated ... If I didn't want the game to flourish, or the series to continue, I doubt I'd be very upset at all. But it is *because* I love this series that I'm so outraged at how we've been treated over it.

Sure, I can play the game, and the app, during the 5% of the time that it's up and running properly, my primary complaint wasn't about the game itself, or performance issues, as I'm doing just fine with both. My issue was the widely-unfinished state of the app, and the content restrictions that are forced on us by the companion, initiates, and Club Competition (which, as of this post, is still not even in the game).

I suggest reading what someone says, and getting a full comprehension of it, before you shoot your mouth off. The things you're saying I said, clearly never happened. And your better advice is simply to accept the state that it's in ... when you have blatantly admitted that you're not having practically ANY of the issues that we are? You are correct in one thing ... one person is nothing, the community is everything, and as of this moment, the community is much more in support of my argument, than yours.

I will not sit idly by while they butcher my most beloved franchise. My opinion will be posted, even if that's all I can do. It's better than "accepting" it, and becoming a doormat under Ubisoft's steamroll, as they shovel more profit-mongering, underhanded **** at us .... no thanks, I'll pass.

Annd.. well, the entire last paragraph of your post is invalid, not to mention ignorant, as I never said I wanted AC to end ... so, rant over.

machine4578
11-24-2014, 09:15 AM
Exactly my opinion.

I feel like the implementation of this companion app is also one reason why they don't let you have multiple saves, because it'd mess up the synchronization with the app.
I just had to start a new game (by deleting the save files from the save folder) after a game breaking bug, and now the nomad chests are obviously locked again. The progress on the companion app wasn't reset though, so I thought "Hmm, maybe I can just open the chests right away now, I already unlocked them in the companion app." BUT NO, they're locked, and the companion app doesn't let you just redo the mission to unlock the chests again. I'd probably have to reinstall the app and do all the stuff all over again. Of course, I'd have to do the same if it was implemented in the game, but it's still annoying, especially after you put so much time into it.

i to have had MANY issues with the companion app.. between the app resetting and losing my progress to chests not opening even though i completed the mission WTF!!!
then on top of that, i was almost done the stupid app(ready to start collecting the gear and Altair's outfit), then my save got corrupted.. but lucky i had a backup so i didnt need to start over completely, but still all the chest and missions from the app i completed in the corrupt save, i CANT get again.. HUGE fail on Ubi not allowing the app to re-sync to my new save and unlock previous chests\rewards.

and to be honest, i dont see how even unistalling this app will help when each time you collect a chest, complete a mission, etc.. it says they are added to my "account!" so doesnt that mean it should unlock in game no matter how many times i want to start over(like AC4 Kenway's Fleet Rewards)?? because having to play this stupid f--kin app everytime i want to start over is just plain crazy! especially since it takes longer to complete the app than it does to get to 99% sync!!!!!!!

@UBISOFT... FIX YOUR APP!

atleast the aciniates chests can be re-opened when starting a new game, unlike the companion app crap.

Ir0nfist123
11-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Bet you $100 that the Rogue enhanced graphics release for new gen & PC will be better then ACU.
Rogue should have been released for all platforms, giving them enough time (additional year or 2) to release ACU.
It all boils down to bad business decisions, some fans will stick around and hope that they get their **** together and others won't

mirage357
11-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Keep in mind, I'm not belittling you for how you feel about this game ... I'm outright assaulting you for INSULTING me (not to mention putting a WHOLE LOT of words in my mouth), while telling me not to belittle you.

You had a good experience, how nice for you ... Your judgmental hypocrisy however, was unwarranted. If you want to put words in my mouth, then at least make them the right words, that have any relevance to anything i said when taken in context.

Think about WHY I'm so aggravated ... If I didn't want the game to flourish, or the series to continue, I doubt I'd be very upset at all. But it is *because* I love this series that I'm so outraged at how we've been treated over it.

Sure, I can play the game, and the app, during the 5% of the time that it's up and running properly, my primary complaint wasn't about the game itself, or performance issues, as I'm doing just fine with both. My issue was the widely-unfinished state of the app, and the content restrictions that are forced on us by the companion, initiates, and Club Competition (which, as of this post, is still not even in the game).

I suggest reading what someone says, and getting a full comprehension of it, before you shoot your mouth off. The things you're saying I said, clearly never happened. And your better advice is simply to accept the state that it's in ... when you have blatantly admitted that you're not having practically ANY of the issues that we are? You are correct in one thing ... one person is nothing, the community is everything, and as of this moment, the community is much more in support of my argument, than yours.

I will not sit idly by while they butcher my most beloved franchise. My opinion will be posted, even if that's all I can do. It's better than "accepting" it, and becoming a doormat under Ubisoft's steamroll, as they shovel more profit-mongering, underhanded **** at us .... no thanks, I'll pass.

Annd.. well, the entire last paragraph of your post is invalid, not to mention ignorant, as I never said I wanted AC to end ... so, rant over.

Well my post was the only real part of your rant worth answering is where in the hell did I insult you....nowhere from where I can see. I spoke of my own experience with this title and of my observation of this forum for acting like a bunch of children that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas. I never rewrote or quoted anything you had to say therefore I never put any words in your mouth.

But for your benefit I'll continue to humor you. Do you even know what judgmental hypocrisy means (I'd look it up if I were you) I'm what you'd call the opposite of that. I don't condemn your opinions I simply point out that writing another thread among so many already written is a wasted effort. (In fact there are parts of my post where if you read what i wrote properly would come across as agreeing with you while not having had the same experience as you with the game/app/websites.)

You openly speak of not being heard so why write another pointless complaint thread. If you want to see instant action speak with your wallet, that in your position is the strongest word you have. We can all see how many people are having a bad experience with this particular game. We don't need to read it in every new thread. IMHO you need to realize that your reply post is exactly what you describe my post as. You wrote without really understanding what I was saying so you "shot your mouth off" (Yeah, that time I quoted you) and started throwing insults around without understanding what was written.

Back on topic now as I said Ubisoft should not be shunned for following the direction that all major game companies are taking. If you look just about any game title you buy these days is moving into using companion apps of some format. In-game transactions have been around even longer. What you seem to be complaining about is how you don't like the direction Gaming is moving in general. You worry about missing content...a fortnight after release....I'm guessing you didn't play GTA from release date waiting for the heists.

As I said there are things I agree with you on. I for one am appalled when a title is released and we are FORCED TO PAY for in-game content. Unity does not FORCE us to want 100%. Wanting 100% is our choice, they work on the fact they know so many players will want 100% then give us a FREE app to get there with, this is still an option. If you want 100% completion play the game the way it is designed. No oe is putting a gun to your head saying "Do It' you are choosing to want it and the methods to get there are FREELY available to you.

All major franchises are moving in this direction, the ones i will not support are using the FORCE TO PAY method. Unity gives you the option to pay it is not forcing you.

similarly
11-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't feel that complaining is necessarily bad. If we're the customers who buy the product, isn't it useful to the creators to know what people do and don't like? Isn't it useful to tell them of things (like initiates or the companion app) that aren't working for us?

When I complain on the forums, as often as not, it's to see if someone has something to say that would make me reevaluate my opinion. I do hope ubisoft sees some of these posts and realizes there are problems and takes action to correct the problems, if not in this game then hopefully in a future release.

mirage357
11-24-2014, 01:57 PM
I totally agree Similarly. The problem is that these forums are not looked at by the Game developers they are primarily here for the community to associate with each other. If a player has issues it needs to be taken up with Ubisoft support. Most threads are answered and resolved by other players. Here and there a moderator will step in and say something.

For example I invite you to look at the third post on this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/958702-Anybody-know-the-way-to-reach-the-viewpoint-on-Ile-de-la-cite-city The moderator responds but take great care to read the disclaimer in his/her signature underneath.

I think Its fine to see how others feel about a certain situation a player might be in but if someone wants to see a response from ubisoft itself they need to look into the official channels. The way game devs make changes is when they release an alpha or a beta and get players to give feedback about said game before release. Some do open beta in which all are welcome some do closed beta in which players are pre-selected. Ubisoft do the latter and have for a very long time. anything they wanted to change they did during testing.

Officially they really only pay attention to things brought up with them directly ie. sending in a support ticket or public reviews written upon release. I totally agree this game has bugs I don't get them on my hardware but IMHO that just makes me one of the lucky ones. In the in game club I'm in we do our best to help each other with our issues and to be perfectly honest most issues are found to be a hardware problem not a software problem. once the hardware is fixed or upgraded the problem is gone. FPS being the largest problem.

When it comes to this day and age its kinda surprising that a PC gamer doesn't have a tablet or smartphone to play on when they're away from their PC so It's not surprising to see these apps becoming more and more common.

Edit: I might also just say can you imagine if someone/people from ubisoft started answering here on the forums the lynch mob of players wielding torches and pitchforks would be so large they'd just run back into the shadows never to speak to us again. So really you can see not having them answer us here gets us just as far as if they did answer us on our problems.

NightmareGK13
11-24-2014, 03:41 PM
No complaint is never unnecessary. And although Mirage does have a point, not experience what the rest of us are make his opinion a bit biased due to his experience.

Not only did we pay for a complete game that we could pay, we paid for a game in which we can unlock all content within the base game (outside of DLC's) which means all content must be able to be unlocked right after the release. Having a poorly funcional Companion app in which we continuously keep losing our progress (including some people losing premiumship) is not working properly, bad synching is not working properly. Initiates for the majority of posters, since we cannot count for those who are working perfectly because they are playing the game and not spending their time here trying to get things solved by a company that allegadly said would listen to the community... Where is the home of the community? Here the official forums, if the players that are happy wont show up, then as you can see the community is then formed by those that are here, and those that are here are complaining, and are not that happy...

I for once don't have many issues gameplay wise, just ACU.exe error which prevents me from unlocking internet required gameplay... playing club competition is a mistery regarding unlocked content, back when I could play online nomad chests were poorly synchronized, hence once again preventing me. If they wanted to make the game with such a requirements, at least make them work...

I've been playing since ACI... I saw the beginning of the end with the stupid DRM's constant PC delays with poor porting and i've seen time and again these forums get flooded with complaints. With your time here you saw the same, you saw how PC players got treated, how the costumers got treated, they should learn from their mistakes, hopefully the 10% stock drop made them see the error in their ways because I don't want to see AC series die, but don't expect me to pay another dime for a greedy company...

If everything is working fine for you then congrats... now either grab the remaining players that are happily playing and start making threads... otherwise the community as it is, and as it is it is formed by those complaining, will keep complaining until everything is fixed and until we get what we were promised...

don't even get going with the beta-testers story... basically we all paid to be beta-testers... if it were so they should have told us and not promised us a finished game, but apparently it is only some experiencing this

that principle of day and age doesn't even make any sense, that's being elitist... I know a lot of good people with good rigs that have no interest in tablets... some don't even have smartphones, it's their choice... and to play the game they must have?

the point it that this is a good game, probably the best since brotherhood, the setting, the story, the graphics, etc... it just needs to work as it should... both in-game and with the crap outside of it... as we were promised it would

mirage357
11-25-2014, 07:05 AM
As I mentioned I care a lot for this community I have supported the AC franchise and brought every AC that has been produced but the fact remains bringing the issue here to these forums will not drag a written response from ubisoft for every dilemma riddled thread. That's why we have stickies so that they can be checked to see if the issue someone is experiencing can be found in there. It is becoming pointless to even talk about solutions with people because they are so aggravated that they have to do something to get somewhere. Paying with your wallet does not always bring the solution. Sure this game is no perfect success but its not a complete flop either it just has its issues.

I see many errors in the game but does that justify a public lynching of the developer? Well as proof would have it the community would say yes because as you say those that would say no are off playing the game. I for one over the last two weeks have waited for the companion app and initiates to work right so I can finish my game but have found no need to light a fire under a thread to disregard Ubisofts efforts to make right on their promises. I have just simply had the patience to wait for it to be fixed. While seeing if there was something on my end stopping me from accessing said feature. For example on the first two days I had error [0x60000001] when trying to join anything online, now as I was playing the storyline i didn't really care that much. But when I chose to play online i checked into it on my end and as it turns out to my ISP had a port blocked on my connection that happened to stop me connecting to Uplay correctly, after a few minutes on the phone my issue was fixed.

I think before people jump the gun they need to see what fixes are out there and if they have no luck open a thread reaching out to the community for help. I for one am all ears when it comes to people wanting help with issues. But flame wars when it doesn't work the way someone wants it to is useless. It just doesn't get those OP's closer to their goal.

Tanyn
11-25-2014, 07:31 AM
Well my post was the only real part of your rant worth answering is where in the hell did I insult you....nowhere from where I can see. I spoke of my own experience with this title and of my observation of this forum for acting like a bunch of children that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas. I never rewrote or quoted anything you had to say therefore I never put any words in your mouth.

But for your benefit I'll continue to humor you. Do you even know what judgmental hypocrisy means (I'd look it up if I were you) I'm what you'd call the opposite of that. I don't condemn your opinions I simply point out that writing another thread among so many already written is a wasted effort. (In fact there are parts of my post where if you read what i wrote properly would come across as agreeing with you while not having had the same experience as you with the game/app/websites.)

You openly speak of not being heard so why write another pointless complaint thread. If you want to see instant action speak with your wallet, that in your position is the strongest word you have. We can all see how many people are having a bad experience with this particular game. We don't need to read it in every new thread. IMHO you need to realize that your reply post is exactly what you describe my post as. You wrote without really understanding what I was saying so you "shot your mouth off" (Yeah, that time I quoted you) and started throwing insults around without understanding what was written.

Back on topic now as I said Ubisoft should not be shunned for following the direction that all major game companies are taking. If you look just about any game title you buy these days is moving into using companion apps of some format. In-game transactions have been around even longer. What you seem to be complaining about is how you don't like the direction Gaming is moving in general. You worry about missing content...a fortnight after release....I'm guessing you didn't play GTA from release date waiting for the heists.

As I said there are things I agree with you on. I for one am appalled when a title is released and we are FORCED TO PAY for in-game content. Unity does not FORCE us to want 100%. Wanting 100% is our choice, they work on the fact they know so many players will want 100% then give us a FREE app to get there with, this is still an option. If you want 100% completion play the game the way it is designed. No oe is putting a gun to your head saying "Do It' you are choosing to want it and the methods to get there are FREELY available to you.

All major franchises are moving in this direction, the ones i will not support are using the FORCE TO PAY method. Unity gives you the option to pay it is not forcing you.

I'm not going to keep this argument spinning endlessly ... but I will point out that you did it again. You make assumptions about what I *seem* to be saying. If I didn't actually come out and say it, then there was no implied greater complaint. My complaint is with the condition of this game's app, and the restricted content not only hidden behind a broken app, but behind features that have not even been put into the game. These complaints were directed at this game, and it's app, not at gaming in general.

Also, I believe I'm more than welcome to write whatever I want here, within forum guidelines, obviously. This is where I choose to vent my frustration with the product I've been sold. If you have such a negative opinion of complaint threads, then why do you bother reading them?

You're also taking one thing for granted. Sure, the app is freely available. But just because YOU had a flawless experience with it, apparently, doesn't mean that all of us have. You kept stressing that the app is free. Yes, I get that, but I don't care if something is free, if it's broken.

Another point, I wasn't complaining about all micro-transactions in general ... I was pointing out that you have a microtransactional value in the game that is set at nearly double what the game itself costs .... and all it does is add markers for the side content (something you could do yourself with a little bit of walking around) ... that's slightly absurd.

So, the fact that GTA had to wait for heists ... does this makes my complaint invalid? (That answer would be no.)

Anyway, after all is said and done, the fact is this: I've had a bad experience with the game, the app, and initiates, and I'm very much not alone there. You, however, have had a good experience. Therefore, you're not in a good position to tell/ask/suggest/ that anyone stop complaining, as you haven't encountered the game-breaking, immersion-killing issues that we have. That said, I'll pass on continuing this argument / debate / discussion / etc. further.

wichking
11-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Yup the app sux. If it would only be like in Black flag i wouldnt mind since it would just eb an extra money income. BUt hiding gear, chests and missions behind it is very disrespectfull to the custumers.
Besides that the app is bugged as hell.

similarly
11-25-2014, 11:54 AM
1. Personally I have had no performance issues with the game itself, it ran perfectly from day one.

2. The App, I have been fortunate enough not to be reset (fingers crossed) and am only a few missions from completion here too.

So let me see if I understand you correctly. You have no cause to complain. Everything works great for you. But you don't want US to complain, though we have reason to?

So, by that logic, if your house is on fire, but mine is not, it's reasonable for me to tell you NOT to call the fire department?

ManekiNeko.
11-25-2014, 04:34 PM
this app is freaking useless. resetted my progress back to square one made me so freaking pissed. and it crashes a ton of times on me too.

fix it for fck sake.

Tanyn
11-26-2014, 06:26 AM
So let me see if I understand you correctly. You have no cause to complain. Everything works great for you. But you don't want US to complain, though we have reason to?

So, by that logic, if your house is on fire, but mine is not, it's reasonable for me to tell you NOT to call the fire department?

That is his mindset, yes.

mirage357
11-26-2014, 08:19 AM
My point is that the people complaining to Ubisoft on a General Discussion forum where they don't really read posts is useless. Saying the same thing other people are saying about being unable to get it to work is a useless waste of your time if you want change, action or answers go use the proper support channels to get there. If you want to discuss your dislike for it go right ahead start some stupid pointless and endless flame war, but understand NO ONE from the development team is gonna visit this forum to sit here 24/7 and listen to "It won't work make it work". That is why they HAVE support channels.

My logic is simple if it won't work for me why discuss it with other players who can't get it to work either. What a f**king pointless waste of my time.

A little side tracked but. My logic is if my house is on fire its my problem to deal with why the **** would I ask you what to do, common sense dictates what to do. My common sense does not dictate to call on someones advice that has no experience and no idea how to solve my problem for me.

Hence if I had an issue why come here to ask all the other people having the same problem what I should do? No common sense tells me to go to the Technical Support forum or even the Mobile forum and try to search for an answer and if I am unable to find one to open a support ticket with Ubisoft to give my issue and get a direct answer from them on what work is underway to fix my problem.

Here's where I might even point out the amount of complaints about the app in the PC forum....did you even look in the mobile forum....loads of people are having issues with the app and loads of people are helping each other out to solve those issues...The app works when it is used right and yes it is bug riddled but works perfectly when used right...

At this time I conclude my part in this pointless conversation by suggesting that anyone having issues with the app open a support ticket to get some form of answer from Ubisoft (Its the only way you'll get one), following that go visit the mobile forum where you can find a procedure to get the app to work perfectly where it will no longer reset your progress to the beginning. Where it will sync properly with your progress tracker. There and then you will see you are NOT "LOCKED OUT" of 100% sync.

Good Gaming Gentlemen!

similarly
11-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Our complaints have a purpose: we're looking for help or answers or just to vent our frustration. I'd hardly cause it pointless if it helps us work out our problems or at least our feelings. The misguided complaining about our complaining: now THAT IS pointless.

Ryan.leKaiz
11-26-2014, 11:32 AM
My point is that the people complaining to Ubisoft on a General Discussion forum where they don't really read posts is useless. Saying the same thing other people are saying about being unable to get it to work is a useless waste of your time if you want change, action or answers go use the proper support channels to get there. If you want to discuss your dislike for it go right ahead start some stupid pointless and endless flame war, but understand NO ONE from the development team is gonna visit this forum to sit here 24/7 and listen to "It won't work make it work". That is why they HAVE support channels.

My logic is simple if it won't work for me why discuss it with other players who can't get it to work either. What a f**king pointless waste of my time.

A little side tracked but. My logic is if my house is on fire its my problem to deal with why the **** would I ask you what to do, common sense dictates what to do. My common sense does not dictate to call on someones advice that has no experience and no idea how to solve my problem for me.

Hence if I had an issue why come here to ask all the other people having the same problem what I should do? No common sense tells me to go to the Technical Support forum or even the Mobile forum and try to search for an answer and if I am unable to find one to open a support ticket with Ubisoft to give my issue and get a direct answer from them on what work is underway to fix my problem.

Here's where I might even point out the amount of complaints about the app in the PC forum....did you even look in the mobile forum....loads of people are having issues with the app and loads of people are helping each other out to solve those issues...The app works when it is used right and yes it is bug riddled but works perfectly when used right...

At this time I conclude my part in this pointless conversation by suggesting that anyone having issues with the app open a support ticket to get some form of answer from Ubisoft (Its the only way you'll get one), following that go visit the mobile forum where you can find a procedure to get the app to work perfectly where it will no longer reset your progress to the beginning. Where it will sync properly with your progress tracker. There and then you will see you are NOT "LOCKED OUT" of 100% sync.

Good Gaming Gentlemen!

it's fortunate that you didn't lose progress and still enjoy the game. Please put yourself on people who are victims of buggy. For example, spent time on companion app, and it got reset repeatedly. Might u still enjoy it?

I paid this ACU on steam, gold edition, and also did upgrade Companion app (even i dont want the app). Okay i paid $91, not $130. And what I received from supporting Ubisoft? Frustrated being locked up and got reset companion progress. As u said, I went to AC mobile and found no solution to restore my progress. U still want us keep trying to enjoy ACU and no complain?

What's the game made for? We customers and players whom enjoy it, and we pay a game to enjoy, not to waste our time. It's clearly u mirage357 showed your points, and please don't make fun of us who unfortunately is victims of buggy (even it might satisfying u somehow). We complain things we had paid for because it doesn't run well, and our opinions should be respected, not be made fun of

I'm please if Ubisoft make another option beside companion app to unlock ACU contents, then u can enjoy your fortunate, and we (me and some others) enjoy ACU without beting frustrated because of bugs

(sorry if my english isnt well, i'm not native english)

God bless u, mirage357, not us.

Catbleach
11-26-2014, 01:27 PM
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-stop-locking-existing-content-behind-uplay-and-other-online-services

Might wanna go ahead and sign this.

If ya want.

I did.

bye.

DanonMight
11-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Someone should do different thread just for the petition. And actually that is the only problem I have in the game couse Performance wise game runs smoothly on GTX 780, its more case of generall PC build than really bad optimalization

Tanyn
11-26-2014, 10:59 PM

Good Gaming Gentlemen!

Well, unfortunately, that's just false. But you wouldn't know that, because you've never had any problems. Those fixes work for some people, but not all ... again, not that you could've tested them, because you've never encountered the bugs. Your position doesn't even have a base to hold itself up anymore. You treat everyone who is complaining as though they're children, as though we HAVEN'T done everything in our power, and traveled every possible avenue in search of a fix ... You're just too arrogant, presumptuous, and ignorant for me to keep going back and forth with you. You're not better than anyone else (and no, this isn't me putting words in your mouth, this is me reading the general mood of everything you've posted thus far ... you have a god complex, get that checked out.) and I would go so far as to say that you STILL don't know what that primary purpose of this thread was... yet, you keep talking.

YazX_
12-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Please don't revive old threads.

Closed - Thanks