PDA

View Full Version : Performance issues

Gentleman_Kirby
11-23-2014, 12:13 AM
If I recall the thread with the patch 2 notes they said some people are suffering performance issues

My pc specs meet the minimum (I was originally a console gamer so graphics are a luxury) and bare this in mind I'm on LOW graphical setting and in a cutscene I'll get 13FPS in game i get highest of 9 FPS ON LOW SETTINGS I'm a fan I proudly own all Assassin's Creeds since Assassin's Creed began (excluding the books and some of the mobile version)
If anyone from ubisoft is reading this kick it up a gear for the love of pc gaming.

Nogeaux
11-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Probably not the most unbiased polling environment because people who are not having problems are playing the game and not forum lurking.

Julius48
11-23-2014, 01:08 AM
It's not the mix between people who have have issues and people that don't that's important, it's demonstrating to ubisoft that there are a significant proportion if people that can't play this game due to the state it's in. And they need to fix that.

jeffies04
11-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Once I got my nVidia control panel set up correctly I got the game running pretty nicely. Some hic's and stutters when the game is online once in a while (offline it's smooth as silk). I notice that starts to happen after playing for a really long time. I think if they hadn't integrated so much of the game to online, and kept the singleplayer/multiplayer separate like in past AC games, it would have run much better.

I suffered from the "continue crash" after I had added some in-game contacts after my first coop session. While waiting for a fix/reply I backed up my save and started a new game and eventually surpassed my progression in the first one. Now that I know how to avoid that crash, since then it's been running really really well for me on my i7-3770k CPU (OC @ 4.2) and EVGA GTX 780 ftw 3gb GPU. I've been on these forums for a while now even when I'm not having problems, but I think you will find a majority are here only for that reason.

For that reason I picked in some places/not as bad as you.

Altair1789
11-23-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm pretty far below minimum specs and I can get a steady 25 fps with high settings. The only thing I suffer from is lag spikes

Nogeaux
11-23-2014, 04:06 AM
It's not the mix between people who have have issues and people that don't that's important, it's demonstrating to ubisoft that there are a significant proportion if people that can't play this game due to the state it's in. And they need to fix that.

Fair point.

wootwoots
11-23-2014, 04:13 AM

+1

behindtimes
11-23-2014, 04:57 AM
If I recall the thread with the patch 2 notes they said some people are suffering performance issues

My pc specs meet the minimum (I was originally a console gamer so graphics are a luxury) and bare this in mind I'm on LOW graphical setting and in a cutscene I'll get 13FPS in game i get highest of 9 FPS ON LOW SETTINGS I'm a fan I proudly own all Assassin's Creeds since Assassin's Creed began (excluding the books and some of the mobile version)
If anyone from ubisoft is reading this kick it up a gear for the love of pc gaming.

FYI, according to another post, you have an NVidia 750, which is vastly weaker to the minimum Geforce 680 (it's almost half the speed). That said, there's definitely an issue imho from NVidia's side where the numbering system. Unfortunately, if the card is below a 70, it's really difficult to recommend for gaming.

Yefrign
11-23-2014, 05:33 AM

regardless of the settings I use and what resolution my average FPS is around 11 - 18 fps even in the menus. my Rig is more than capable on running this game on high settings but the performance is still borderline unplayable.

your not the only one having this issue thats for sure.

jeffies04
11-23-2014, 05:40 AM
FYI, according to another post, you have an NVidia 750, which is vastly weaker to the minimum Geforce 680 (it's almost half the speed). That said, there's definitely an issue imho from NVidia's side where the numbering system. Unfortunately, if the card is below a 70, it's really difficult to recommend for gaming.

It's definitely confusing. I think the first number represents the generation and the last two is the performance line.... I think anything below x60 is not designed with gaming in mind. Anything x60 and above is designed towards gaming/high performance.