PDA

View Full Version : Lost my save data and can't restore!

Euterboy
11-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Hey guys, i lost my whole save game because of nothing. I was all the way through the story, did a lot of side missions like the Nostredamus Enigmas etc., had the best equipment available and about 1.35 million Livre, which makes it pretty bad.
All i did was playing the game, stopped playing, ate dinner and watched a movie afterwards and played the Unity Companion App. After I came back Uplay made me choose between local save game or cloud storage. I was foolish enough to believe the cloud would actually work and chose the cloud data because it was from 2 days later than the local data (whyever). Now the launcher doesn't even want to synch my stuff anymore, which means I'm pretty damn screwed.
Please help!

I-o-IPositive7
11-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Do you still have your save games at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\*your account id*\720

Euterboy
11-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Do you still have your save games at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\*your account id*\720

Yes I do. after choosing savgames I've got a pretty long folder name, when I click onto that I see 3 different numbers. The first one's 46, the second one's 273 and the last one's 857. I'm guessing the one with the latest editing date should be Unity, so 857. In this folder I have save 1 in 4 different versions and save 2 in 4 different versions and the different versions have different change dates.

I-o-IPositive7
11-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Yes that ones.Make backup of the saves. try disabling cloud sync in uplay and start the game offline... If it doesn't start rename older saves and try...

Euterboy
11-23-2014, 04:39 PM
It's still starting from the starting screen! :(

Slappey
11-23-2014, 05:10 PM
So if the data has been corrupted you can't continue on that save that's the official ubisoft answer, however, after a good chat with the tech support from my country she told me that there is an inofficial way of restoring a corrupted save file, you can do a system restore in windows and go back to a previous restore point, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore this should restore your corrupted save, no guarantees thou but it did work for a mate of mine who had the same thing happen, i just wish i knew about it when i had it happen to me :) .

Euterboy
11-23-2014, 06:52 PM
It doesn't work for me because my PC is pretty new and I haven't set a restore point that I could use without losing everything on my PC... or is there a way to restore to 2 days later or something?

Slappey
11-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Windows does make it's own restore points from time to time, take a look if you might have one, if you don't then sorry but it's just to start playing from scratch again.

Euterboy
11-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Yeah, **** that, then :) But thanks for the help anyways. The last thing i'm gonna try is deleting one of the save points and play without synchronizing cloud and PC.

Anduril79
11-23-2014, 10:39 PM
I've gone under that route in my PC but all I'm getting 3 folders even though I have 5 games on uPlay. After I install my 64 BIT OS, and then reinstall uPlay, will it pull all my data from the cloud and update the newly installed client?

Euterboy
11-27-2014, 03:16 PM
I've gone under that route in my PC but all I'm getting 3 folders even though I have 5 games on uPlay. After I install my 64 BIT OS, and then reinstall uPlay, will it pull all my data from the cloud and update the newly installed client?

Are you sure, that you've played all games that you have currently installed? Because if that's not the case, there might be no folder for a game because you haven't got any savegames yet.