PDA

View Full Version : NAT Settings.... Plus how long should we expect to wait for matchmaking

puddinsworld
11-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I think this is going to be a common one, so could someone please list the posts they opened for evo to make MP work, plus any other workarounds you may have to change NAT settings from strict to open. I have tried so many different options over the years, but I cannot get rid of the strict NAT setting. I have got to the point of now ordering a new modem, so hopefully that works better, but maybe you guys have a good solution I have not tried yet.

As a guide, I have ports 53, 80, 88, 3074, 3544, and 4500 open, but to no avail.....

Also, I am unsure how much of an effect this lack of NAT is having, as I can't see how many people are playing. How long are people generally waiting to get a random match in matchmaking, or is private matches the only way to work at the moment??

Thanks

TeriXeri
11-22-2014, 02:03 PM
My NAT is normal using the standard ports I already had configured for Fusion & Uplay:

Link to Ubi Support for Trials Fusion ports (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&productid=4293&faqid=kA030000000ee4cCAA)

2. Port Forwarding
If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall, you will need to configure your router and/or firewall to forward the following network ports to your PC for the best possible connection:

Trials Fusion Game Ports
TCP: 443
UDP: 21135, 21140, 21145, 21160, 21165, 21170.

Uplay Launcher
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008

----------------

I also had the ports open for Trials Evo Gold so I dunno if it's related:

Link to Ubi Support for Trials Evo Gold ports (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/4241/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-trials-evolution-gold/kA030000000eZ3WCAU)

Ports
If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall, you will need to forward these ports to your computers IP address via your router or firewall for the best possible connection:

Game Ports:
TCP: 56339
UDP: 3074, 3050
Uplay PC:
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200

puddinsworld
11-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Now there is a man who need a big pat on the back for being awesome. In the absence of being there to deliver this big pat on the back, thanks for being a champion.

TheRealTeeHill
11-22-2014, 04:08 PM
I can also confirm Teri's port list is exactly what you need :) cheers.

TeriXeri
11-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Glad it helped.

Fixed links to the ubi support pages where I found this.

puddinsworld
11-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Well, unfortunately it has not worked for me. It has probably worked for a bunch of other people, and who knows why mine isn't. I will try a full system reboot of everything, and if that doesn't work I will have a quiet cry and wait for my new router to see if that helps........
The tracks for MP look good, even if my NAT hasn't let me find anyone to play with yet!

FlowRiderX
11-23-2014, 04:27 AM
Can some RL employee please post a list of all ports required? I won't enable 20 ports for a single game XD.

En0-
11-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Can some RL employee please post a list of all ports required? I won't enable 20 ports for a single game XD.

I will verify tomorrow if we use new ports for multiplayer.

Cheers,

FlowRiderX
11-24-2014, 01:55 PM
I will verify tomorrow if we use new ports for multiplayer.

Cheers,

In En0 we trust. Thanks a lot you are really saving me some hassle. :D

En0-
11-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Hello,

The multiplayer communication is done via UDP on the port 3074... So we'll update Fusion documentation linked by Teri.

Regards,

En0-
11-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Hello,

We found additional issues with NAT and matchmaking, we'll need some time to fix it.

So, we're going to deploy a new version today or tomorrow with some fixes and improvements but that doesn't contain most of the fixes.

We'll probably deploy another version next week with these fixes.

Cheers,

psycad
11-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Please push these NAT fixes to Evo Gold as well, you know.. that game core fans really like. kthx.

A company should keep supporting its products, and not just the most recent shiny one..

En0-
11-25-2014, 09:31 PM
I know that you know it's not that simple :)

BlueBadger400
11-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Please push these NAT fixes to Evo Gold as well, you know.. that game core fans really like. kthx.

A company should keep supporting its products, and not just the most recent shiny one..

I'm sure you know that it's not like flipping a switch and we are not doing it just because we don't wanna. Also Fusion PC version is made in collaboration with Ubisoft Kiev who had nothing to do with Gold Edition.

ZeroNorthEast
11-26-2014, 05:13 PM
So, I've tried forwarding *every* port mentioned here and on the official Ubi guides linked, and regardless of settings I still show Strict NAT, only way to get an open NAT on my end is via DMZ and as you can imagine this isn't ideal.

Why oh why UPNP isn't being used in this day and age is beyond me, but either way, I can't allow unfiltered access to my system.

En0-
11-26-2014, 05:18 PM
So, I've tried forwarding *every* port mentioned here and on the official Ubi guides linked, and regardless of settings I still show Strict NAT, only way to get an open NAT on my end is via DMZ and as you can imagine this isn't ideal.

Why oh why UPNP isn't being used in this day and age is beyond me, but either way, I can't allow unfiltered access to my system.

We're improving this and seeing if UPNP could help.

Thanks for the feedback,

ZeroNorthEast
11-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Glad to hear it, because I'd hate to hear so many people complain about this not working when it eventually is released, many people less technically savvy wouldn't have any idea where to start when it comes to port forwarding, and even if they know how, they might get stuck in the same boat as me whereby no amount of fiddling can get me an open NAT without seriously compromising their network integrity.

At least when I can find players everything seems to work fine though, there's an odd gfx issue I seem to have but this thread isn't the place.

puddinsworld
11-27-2014, 03:26 AM
I am going to cry soon.... I have this great looking multiplayer sitting there, begging e to play it, but I cannot find any people to play with. So is this because there is nobody there, or my NAT settings? Who knows.... Is there any way we can see how many people are playing / wanting to play so we can better identify if it is a problem at our end, your end, or somewhere in between??

xcaninox
10-09-2017, 07:10 AM
so, 3 years have passed.

but I still can't play because it says that my NAT is strict.

I have created virtual servers for each port designated here = https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000018923/Connection-Issues-PC-TF/

still says that NAT is strict. I don't understand why this only happens in Trials. Almost 10 years ago I remember having the same frustration whilst trying to play multiplayer of Trials Evolution. You should fire your network engineer team and hire a new one. I'm not joking.

Why this hasn't been fixed? It's 2017 ffs.