PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE UBISOFT can we fight with the Hidden Blade again!

Putrefied_Fear
11-22-2014, 07:04 AM
Please I just finished replaying AC1 to AC3 and the fighting with the hidden blade is amazing. Why is it removed so many people love fighting with it. its Iconic. Think about it please add it in another patch. It makes the game a thousand times better. The fighting is so awesome and I bet in the next gen systems fighting with the hidden blade would be so epic and sleek. Please Ubisoft add it in.

-Edit-
Sign? http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/assassins-creed-unity-needs-the-hidden-blade-back

ace3001
11-22-2014, 07:14 AM
This is one thing in Unity I'm quite okay with. The hidden blade is best used for stealth kills. Parrying strikes from huge swords with a thin blade loosely bound to the forearm is downright hilarious.

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2014, 07:16 AM
This isn't something they can just "patch in" most likely. Animations, stats, etc. would need to be set up.

Unfortunately, because of the loss of several iconic combat moves, Unity plays more like Fable than it does Assassin's Creed. While I love the combat in Unity, the missing features make it very much a sword and board game versus an assassin game.

Putrefied_Fear
11-23-2014, 12:44 AM
This isn't something they can just "patch in" most likely. Animations, stats, etc. would need to be set up.

Unfortunately, because of the loss of several iconic combat moves, Unity plays more like Fable than it does Assassin's Creed. While I love the combat in Unity, the missing features make it very much a sword and board game versus an assassin game.

Exactly. Maybe like a DLC patch or something.

SixKeys
11-23-2014, 12:53 AM
I hope not. I'm fine with the hidden blade not being as overpowered as it used to be.

marvelfannumber
11-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Meh, I can't recall the hidden blade ever being good to fight with anyway so I don't mind.

In AC1 it took some very good timing to use it, so people rarely used it in combat (including me)

In the Ezio games it was way too OP for it's own good (especially AC2)

And in AC3/4 they were pretty slow, clunky and boring to fight with.

Assassin_M
11-23-2014, 01:52 AM
No.

Namikaze_17
11-23-2014, 02:09 AM
Meh, it doesn't matter to me.

Though a small piece of metal successfully blocking a big *** axe does make me question the game's logic. :rolleyes:

MnemonicSyntax
11-23-2014, 02:55 AM
Exactly. Maybe like a DLC patch or something.

I don't think you understand. It's not going to happen for Unity unless they already have that part of programming and animations completed. They won't go back and add this in unless it's already done.

So chances are, not in Unity. Perhaps the next game.

NekoKera
11-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Sure. Bring it back and add weapon degradation which you can prevent with Helix credits.
The Hidden Blade would take about one hit before it becomes broken and costs 250 Helix credits to fully repair.
Or purchase the DaVinci Time Saver Schematics Pack and get one free repair per day. :p

I really wouldn't care one way or another. The hidden blade serves its purpose in stealth and it does just that Unity. In past games it was nice to have the option but it often looked strange like I was entering a sword fight with my fists or waiting for them to throw something at me, or so the animation looked like. If the hidden blade was to return as a primary weapon there would need to be some adjustments towards tweaking those animations or using it off-hand with the primary weapon. In terms of progression it would be nice to strengthen your hidden blade so you could use it in combat after a certain level or Creed points so that you could upgrade it with different options like focusing on weight, speed, sharpness, bonuses (poison / stun / bleed out / etc.), armor penetration, etc. through its own upgradable menu. I think it might be too late for anything like that in Unity but I wouldn't rule anything out for future titles.

Fatal-Feit
11-23-2014, 06:26 AM
Eh, no thanks.

I love it was done in Unity. It became a unique weapon for assassinating, not just iconic. Especially with its many graphic animations. And not to mention the Phantom Blade.

Putrefied_Fear
11-23-2014, 06:58 AM
Sure. Bring it back and add weapon degradation which you can prevent with Helix credits.
The Hidden Blade would take about one hit before it becomes broken and costs 250 Helix credits to fully repair.
Or purchase the DaVinci Time Saver Schematics Pack and get one free repair per day. :p

I really wouldn't care one way or another. The hidden blade serves its purpose in stealth and it does just that Unity. In past games it was nice to have the option but it often looked strange like I was entering a sword fight with my fists or waiting for them to throw something at me, or so the animation looked like. If the hidden blade was to return as a primary weapon there would need to be some adjustments towards tweaking those animations or using it off-hand with the primary weapon. In terms of progression it would be nice to strengthen your hidden blade so you could use it in combat after a certain level or Creed points so that you could upgrade it with different options like focusing on weight, speed, sharpness, bonuses (poison / stun / bleed out / etc.), armor penetration, etc. through its own upgradable menu. I think it might be too late for anything like that in Unity but I wouldn't rule anything out for future titles.

Hmm nicely put I like the idea of stats that go into the blade though.

Dev_Anj
11-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Please give me good reasons why the hidden blades should be brought back, because I honestly don't remember anyone gushing about using them in open combat in the AC games. More often than not, people seemed to like the stealthy, violent stabs with the hidden blade.

Chook1980
11-23-2014, 07:51 AM
As someone that was addicted to fighting with hidden blades, i'm really enjoying not fighting with it

flavorcountry19
11-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Id rather have daggers back! Quicker attacks,brutal killing animations, and it wouldn't be as ridiculous looking for parkour! No one would be able to do a roll with the weapons they have now!

phoenix-force411
11-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Ezio blocked attacks with his bracer, and not with his hidden blades. Ezio can use his blades to parry and attack, he can't take a hard swing to his hidden blades or else they'll break. I'd say Connor and Edward's blades are the only blades that can block against stronger attacks.

As for hidden blades returning to combat though, I'd like to see it come back in some shape or form, but I'm completely fine with it not being available during open conflict. And no, whoever says it can come back as a patch is pretty stupid. DLC? Possibly, but knowing how difficult guards are, your damage and range will be holding you back against higher level guards or guards with more reach. You're basically asking for death.

TheIronLotus420
11-23-2014, 08:10 PM
The only problem I have with not being able to use the HB in combat is when I am fighting a group of tough enemies and I throw down a smoke bomb. While they're all stunned and disoriented, why can't I stab one or two of them in the throat real quick?? Instead, I'm forced to hack at his body until I get a finishing animation, or I have to try to "run away" to put my weapon away so I can use my HB (and that rarely, if ever, has worked for me).

GoldenBoy9999
11-23-2014, 08:15 PM
I don't want them to come back, nor do I think they will. I don't think Ubisoft could bring them in with a simple patch. So many things are changed in Unity and it's just part of how the games are going,

It reminds me of Watch Dogs. You can't shoot out of a car and you can't just go up to some civilian and start beating them with your baton. It's more of a realistic experience.