PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Optimization For My Rig?

naar.
11-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Yes, yes, there's probably tons of threads of people asking if their rig can run Unity because of the ridiculous requirements.

I can run Unity on my PC at low settings at 1080p with at least a solid 30-40, but of course, nobody likes a game that looks like trash. So I'd rather play on medium-high settings.

Supposedly, after patch 3, they'll be implementing performance fixes.

With my rig, while open to any opinions, do you guys think I'd be able to run Unity at medium-high settings AFTER patch 3?

My Rig

Intel i7-4770k Quad Core @ 3.5 GHz OC'd
ASRock Z97 Fatal1ty
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB (EVGA OC)
16GB RAM
1TB HDD (If that matters at all)

Not really a high end rig, and I know that the 760 is worse than the 680, but I've heard of people having amazing, monster PC builds and they have trouble running Unity.

Any opinions? I can run Black Flag just fine on my PC by the way, at high settings, all maxed out at a solid 60-80 FPS.

dericslab
11-22-2014, 10:09 AM
The only problem in my opinion is the graphics card.
I would imagine you can run the game between at medium with that spec, BUT if you did change your graphics card then you could run it the way the dev's intended.
By upgrading your graphics card, you will also bring your card's spec up to the rest of your PC spec. I had a similar situation with my graphics card and don't regret getting a GTX 970.

also, unless you have read something I haven't, I don't think that the patch would lower the graphics or spec requirement, only fix the issue of lag spikes and gameplay itself that players are experiencing, but I could be wrong of course about this.

naar.
11-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I know the patch won't lower the spec requirements.

And I was already planning on upgrading my graphics card, but I didn't think I'd have to do so at this time, because I got this rig back in July/August, so having this PC for about 4 months and then having to find out that I'm gonna have to upgrade it more is a bit of a bummer.

I mean, I know my pc isn't high-end, but it's still decent.

behindtimes
11-22-2014, 08:50 PM
I'd be very careful with your expectations with the patch. From how it's worded, I'm not quite sure it's going to give people the frame rate boost they expect. What I mean is that there are areas in the game where your fps drops for no apparent reason to unacceptable levels, such as the cathedral, where you're looking at only a glass window, or the Café Theatre. A performance fix would most likely get them to expected levels. But I doubt if you're struggling at a normal area to keep a steady 30 fps, any patch is really going to help.

Atwa013
11-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Yes, yes, there's probably tons of threads of people asking if their rig can run Unity because of the ridiculous requirements.

I can run Unity on my PC at low settings at 1080p with at least a solid 30-40, but of course, nobody likes a game that looks like trash. So I'd rather play on medium-high settings.

Supposedly, after patch 3, they'll be implementing performance fixes.

With my rig, while open to any opinions, do you guys think I'd be able to run Unity at medium-high settings AFTER patch 3?

My Rig

Intel i7-4770k Quad Core @ 3.5 GHz OC'd
ASRock Z97 Fatal1ty
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB (EVGA OC)
16GB RAM
1TB HDD (If that matters at all)

Not really a high end rig, and I know that the 760 is worse than the 680, but I've heard of people having amazing, monster PC builds and they have trouble running Unity.

Any opinions? I can run Black Flag just fine on my PC by the way, at high settings, all maxed out at a solid 60-80 FPS.

In my opinion, you have a nice mid range card, and that is not a problem, the game itself is a bigg mess and pourly optimized....
So now what? We should all go straight to stores and buy new graphic cards for 400-500-600$?
Yeah, right...

Lignjoslav
11-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Try lowering the resolution to 900p, as that resolution at higher setting usually looks better than 1080p at low.

Set anti aliasing to FXAA and set ambient occlusion, shadows and textures one notch below the highest. it should work and look fairly decently. Later, if this works well, you may consider restoring ambient occlusion to HBAO+.