PDA

View Full Version : Puckle Gun is too powerful

Rafe Harwood
11-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Although it's nice to have, it kinda removes half the shipboard fighting as you can decimate crews with the thing instead of getting up nice and personal.

Yes, I understand we can 'not use it' if we choose and I guess complaining about more options rather than less is kind of redundant, but I just thought it worth a mention.

bitebug2003
11-21-2014, 11:28 PM
I noticed that -- I recall on AC4: Black flag you also had to cut down the flag and shoot the captains (Weren't they on the mast?)

I haven't come across those encounters yet

lukazdragon
11-21-2014, 11:32 PM
As you said, we have the choice of not using it. Also, aiming may be a pain in the *** for taller ships and crews with more enemies to kill. Ammo is limited so, yes, it's pretty balanced. Every tool makes combat easier for example, like the smoke bomb, but you have the choice of using only the melee weapons. I'm actually glad it exists, so I can clear smaller ships faster and spare me the time of boarding them; afterall, it comes a moment where small ships aren't fun to pillage anymore. Against bigger and more complex ones, I use the Pucke just to kill one or two of the crew members.
I understand you, but we need to be careful not to confuse "alternative, easier routes" with "forced, easier routes".

Rafe Harwood
11-21-2014, 11:35 PM
You still have removing flags and killing scouts which is cool. I spent half my time in the rigging when fighting in BF hehe

I just wanted to mention the puckle thing though so they know we noticed its a wee bit ott :)

Rafe Harwood
11-21-2014, 11:37 PM
Ammo is limited so, yes, it's pretty balanced.

Did you play bf? You had like 5? shots maximum. This thing has 24?

It's not entirely balanced :/

I agree with you about the forced easier routes which is what this new gun feels like. It's there, so you have to make a conscious decision 'not' to use it.

lukazdragon
11-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Did you play bf? You had like 5? shots maximum. This thing has 24?

It's not entirely balanced :/

I agree with you about the forced easier routes which is what this new gun feels like. It's there, so you have to make a conscious decision 'not' to use it.

I don't really remember, but they had to make more shots because the gun itself is different, faster than the swivels of AC4. It's like a .50, so it makes sense it has more ammo.
And yes, it's really tempting to go there and use it, but if we do, we must be aware it was our fault it ended fast :I
But honestly, It's not that hard to avoid them. The actual boarding can be so cool that you just want to make some ship parkour and close combat, even if it takes more time ^-^

RzaRecta357
11-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Templar power baby babies