PDA

View Full Version : Present day idea

Steekbaard66
11-21-2014, 08:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rLVifBv.jpg
ubisoft...I just wanted to show some things that I thought would be a cool idea for present day, if you still are thinking about this you are the player thing. Ubisoft you restrict it. Why just stop at we entering the game? why not take our emails (you already have them) send us emails about assassins dying everyday, or how important it is to finish our mission. Here are a few concepts I came up with to show you how cool this could actually be! and don't refer to us as nothing refer to us as subject 18!
here's the idea: first when you send us a email (make a email address as Rebecca or someone.) send us a link to the initiates website. when we click it give us a site Assassin’s Creed: Initiates where our computer/ console looks like the animus! first give us a login screen (username password...but from there on call us subject 18.) then when we login lets get the emergency video from Rebecca making our screen blur and our sound static (only for some parts like you did) after the video let us launch the game from the website! (all of them :D) just put animus and helixes logos in the game themselves. This would make scence because we can then re explore the past and Desmond is part of the past so it would int be out of place! from here we could get credited by Rebecca or shaun or whoever and they could tell us there story when that happened that we feel like we are getting connected to these people. Now when I say go all out I mean go all out. Give us a app on the phone where we can get these things to (except obviously entering the game...since were on a phone) also make it and all the games compatible with oculus rift. That way we can feel like we are really watching our ancestors.Now...I am bad at grathic design at this point...but I decided to make some basic concepts so people can get the idea i'm going for. First picture is the login screen the second is when Rebecca sends us a emergency message (the one from unity.) and then the last one is when we are entering a game (in this case unity.) I really think people would love this idea ubi! please think about it! (I would also like to hear from the comunity please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

more in depth:
Lets start with why I had this idea in the first place:

Ubisoft have all but forgotten about the present day. You never leave the animus and you never find out anything anymore. So I came up with a idea that would actually make there new present day fun...lets face it...the present day in AC3 was amazing...but since black flag well...

Lets look at it from Ubisofts perspective:

You are the player imagine it...its amazing is'int it?

Now lets look at it in true perspective:
You are the player a faceless character that has no importance whats so ever, you never speak and you never do anything...but its you so that's cool...right? (not so cool is it?)

Now imagine this:
You are the character. You get messages from the assassins in real life. You have your own animus, you are in control and all the ancestors are yours.

Now dosint that sound more interesting? lets look at the main aspects of this idea:

first: You are the character. Remember when Ubisoft said you are going to be contacted by the Assassins in unity? well think about it this way: Ubisoft already have our email addresses and some of our phone numbers (they could ask for that) now...why would they want to contact us in game if we were the characters? why not send us real life messages and emails? reading about what is happening in the Assassin world (that isint real I know but still...) They could make us important if they wanted to. Even on your Animus you could get emergency notices of Abstergo and Assassins dying. Remember Lucy? who said: "we're losing this war Desmond...and each day more of us die..." and remember you are actually working for Abtergo entertainment. You are actually for real subject 18...that's what they should call you. That way we don't get called nothing and Ubisoft dosint really have to do much work.

second: Your very own Animus: Ubisoft has already created a really cool idea AC initiates. But why not take it one step further? sure we are united as assassins and get rewards and XP but why not make that website our very own animus? why not instead of using uplay use AC initiates to launch all the AC games? with the Animus logo and Helix logo in front of it? (it really wont be a big update for the games...its just 2 Animations) and every month or so when the site gets a update there should be a Animus update installer. Also imagine what it would be like to be able to use the occulus rift in AC desmond sees his ancestors in 3rd person when he explores there memorys. Therefor it would make 100% sence for us to asswell.

Third: You are in control. The Assassins are your ancestors. Remember in eccence it would be mad to say we can play all of the ancestors because there Desmonds right? well...not really remember even a second ago is past. Desmonds been dead for 2 years now. It makes scence to be able to see Desmonds memorys. So it makes you feel like you have been watching the story of Desmond and he is your ancestor from the beginning. Your story is actually starting with Arno sure but your story started from AC 1 see what I (and ubisoft without probably knowing) did there? or maby they knew all along. ) (past is exacly the same its just present day that changes but dosint really )

Also after the bleeding effect (if Ubisoft decides to stick..with...first person...maby they could then make a mirrors edge mechanic...?)

picture 1: http://i.imgur.com/m2cg09x.jpg?1
picture 2:http://i.imgur.com/kJxs4pg.jpg?1
picture 3:http://i.imgur.com/7kde5HM.jpg?1

Anonua
11-21-2014, 09:55 PM
BRACE YOURSELVES! Mobile haters are coming!

Steekbaard66
11-21-2014, 10:28 PM
:P haha..well...I dont think mobile devices are wrong I mean you can still get a message on a 10 year old phone? and you can get the email on your PC not phone :D no need for advanced mobile devices. Now other then your joke (witch I found amusing.) what do you think of the idea?

Anonua
11-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Honestly, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. What style is the gameplay itself? The objectives?

Steekbaard66
11-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Hmm your answer is going to be long...

Lets start with why I had this idea in the first place:

Ubisoft have all but forgotten about the present day. You never leave the animus and you never find out anything anymore. So I came up with a idea that would actually make there new present day fun...lets face it...the present day in AC3 was amazing...but since black flag well...

Lets look at it from Ubisofts perspective:

You are the player imagine it...its amazing is'int it?

Now lets look at it in true perspective:
You are the player a faceless character that has no importance whats so ever, you never speak and you never do anything...but its you so that's cool...right? (not so cool is it?)

Now imagine this:
You are the character. You get messages from the assassins in real life. You have your own animus, you are in control and all the ancestors are yours.

Now dosint that sound more interesting? lets look at the main aspects of this idea:

first: You are the character. Remember when Ubisoft said you are going to be contacted by the Assassins in unity? well think about it this way: Ubisoft already have our email addresses and some of our phone numbers (they could ask for that) now...why would they want to contact us in game if we were the characters? why not send us real life messages and emails? reading about what is happening in the Assassin world (that isint real I know but still...) They could make us important if they wanted to. Even on your Animus you could get emergency notices of Abstergo and Assassins dying. Remember Lucy? who said: "we're losing this war Desmond...and each day more of us die..." and remember you are actually working for Abtergo entertainment. You are actually for real subject 18...that's what they should call you. That way we don't get called nothing and Ubisoft dosint really have to do much work.

second: Your very own Animus: Ubisoft has already created a really cool idea AC initiates. But why not take it one step further? sure we are united as assassins and get rewards and XP but why not make that website our very own animus? why not instead of using uplay use AC initiates to launch all the AC games? with the Animus logo and Helix logo in front of it? (it really wont be a big update for the games...its just 2 Animations) and every month or so when the site gets a update there should be a Animus update installer. Also imagine what it would be like to be able to use the occulus rift in AC desmond sees his ancestors in 3rd person when he explores there memorys. Therefor it would make 100% sence for us to asswell.

Third: You are in control. The Assassins are your ancestors. Remember in eccence it would be mad to say we can play all of the ancestors because there Desmonds right? well...not really remember even a second ago is past. Desmonds been dead for 2 years now. It makes scence to be able to see Desmonds memorys. So it makes you feel like you have been watching the story of Desmond and he is your ancestor from the beginning. Your story is actually starting with Arno sure but your story started from AC 1 see what I (and ubisoft without probably knowing) did there? or maby they knew all along. :D) (past is exacly the same its just present day that changes but dosint really :))

Do you understand now? if so what do you think of the idea now?

Anonua
11-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Slightly more clear I suppose, but I would have to pass on the idea....You're basically stating you just want more immersion, which can very much be cool, but I believe your taking it a step too far. In Black Flag you are playing as a unnamed person in modern times and never leave first person view, thus making YOU the character. Same basically occurs in Unity. You are playing as a first person, unnamed player accessing and utilizing your own animus or helix device already.

Launching the games from Iniates would bring Ubisoft closer to EA. Battlefield multi-player can only be launched in the same method, which is fine; If you don't want to be able to play without your internet being on. It really only works for online co-op or multiplayer games.

Also I get enough crap filling my e-mails and phone as it is, I don't need the game I'm playing to interrupt my day to day life.

Steekbaard66
11-21-2014, 11:26 PM
thank you for your honest opinion :) was the artwork okay at least? (BTW I actually want present day with 3rd person, customization and choices like mass effect and real missions...but ubisoft is taking another route, im just trying to make it funner...I hate present day as it is.)

Anonua
11-21-2014, 11:30 PM
For novice work it wasn't bad.

Steekbaard66
11-21-2014, 11:36 PM
thanks! and thanks again for reading the whole thing even if it was a waste of time :) enjoy the rest of your life man! :D

strigoi1958
11-21-2014, 11:43 PM
On a personal level... I hate all the Desmond bits... I want to play as an Assassin from before I was born (so Ubi better go back a long way :D) and all the modern day parts are things that I find just an interruption to the story.

I think that's why I couldn't get into Watch Dogs... I feel it was made for people who like the Desmond bits. And wearing a hidden blade in a time of machine guns is not for me. I wouldn't mind if they just had the menu set up as if you are a subject and so you don't have to walk through a modern day building but it's definitely subjective and I know some people will love it.

Steekbaard66
11-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the reply man! :) (I loved the Desmond bits :P so...I cant really comment on that one...but I really hope somone other then me likes the idea :D)

strigoi1958
11-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the reply man! :) (I loved the Desmond bits :P so...I cant really comment on that one...but I really hope somone other then me likes the idea :D)

Trust me, there is an ARMY of Desmond fans on this site....

it's just when we're talking about immersion.....

I'm sailing away, the spray is fresh I can hear the seagulls, the crew are singing shanties, there's a storm behind me and sails on the horizon ahead, the sun is scorching down and the wood on the deck has a sea water swirling around as we rise and fall over each wave.... I've checked Kenways fleet, I've checked the maps I've plotted my course and picked up cargo and crewmen floating around, I can see a whale off the port side and beyond it a cave in the rocks that is crying out to be explored.... over the starboard side is a shipwreck that I might stop to dive for treasure.... and then.... I'm sat in an office and a guy is asking me to take an elevator down to the lobby and give a package to a courier... instant immersion end for me...