PDA

View Full Version : Frame Fix and Information

TheSpoonelite
11-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Firstly I would like to draw peoples attention to this post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/952152-Another-possible-FPS-Stuttering-workaround
This fix did not work for me personally but it seems to have worked wonders for some people.

I'm a novice but I'm hoping someone who knows what they are talking about will see this! I'm seeing much better performance running the game in 1280x720. Anything above that loses me 10-20 frames. AND I have found that this is regardless of the other graphical settings. In 1080p I can have textures on high, enviroment on high, shadows on low, HBAO+ Ambient and AA off and i get 10-30 frames. Shadows and AA tank my frames to 7-9fps. In 1280x720 I get between 20-50fps depending on where I am in the city, with the same graphical settings except I can now max out the shadows and have AA on the lowest setting.

My specs are:
AMD FX-6300
8Gb RAM
GTX 770 OC'd using MSI afterburner to: GPU - 1202 MHz and Memory - 1903 MHz.
Win 7

I have used Afterburner to check my %GPU usage and it is VERY erratic. Flitting between %10 at its lowest and 82% at its highest.

akshatezio
11-21-2014, 06:45 PM
I also saw this post, tried all the things just like it was mentioned there but just like yours, there was no improvement in fps, it seems like this low fps problem is mostly happening with the people with amd cpu or gpu, all of those friends of mine who are using amd cpu are also facing this same problem while those people who are using intel cpu are able to play the game on atleast 30fps average at default settings even with i3 cpu.

I am facing this same kind of problem, I get upto 22-24fps max otherwise average fps I get is normally 15-20fps though when looking at the ground or sky, I get upto 40+ fps without any problem. I also checked my system usage on msi afterburner, all the 8 cores of the cpu weren't being used more than 40%, they normally remains at 20-30%, my ram usage doesn't goes up more than 4.5 gb, the gpu usage doesn't reaches more than 80% and normally remains at 60% and this all is also when i'm playing this game at high environment quality, very high textures, HBAO+ ambient, fxaa, shadows at high, and bloom on, resolution 1080p, even when decreasing all the settings at low and resolution at 768p, there's no fps difference at all except when i look at ground and sky, at low settings and res. i get 60+fps.

Though ubisoft has found the cause for the problem and they say that according to them, the instruction queue is becoming overload and so its impacting performance, other than that, just keep your eyes on this live blog created by ubisoft for the news and posts they make related to bugs and fixes-
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

hopefully this fps problem will be almost fixed in 3rd patch.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-21-2014, 08:32 PM
I've got an Nvidia card, but that fix worked for me the first time, and didn't after that. Might have been a placebo effect, but on average I'm getting 11-14fps, never been higher than 19 (I'd be fine with constant 20fps). My specs are below the minimum, but I've had smooth gameplay when not around building with detailed interiors, and I know the buildings are the primary thing that are causing performance issues (whether the instruction queue overloading is related to the buildings, idk, but I suspect so).

JAC072
11-21-2014, 11:11 PM
It's not only AMD users, I have an Nvidia GTX 690, when the game first came out I was having a lot of bugs, but the game was playable, except for the helix games which lag too much, which hasn't changed at all. Since patch 2 my fps has dropped drastically and I have a lot more lag than ever before. I even use Razer Cortex to boost the game. This helps me but not enough to play without lag. AA has to be off. Shadows to low. There is no difference in fps if I change HBAO+ to SSAO(?) or even if I change environment quality, or textures to the lowest or on medium.

What I find the most strange is that there are times when my fps is good at 50-60, and at other times 20-30 even in large crowds. I have monitored my connection and there is no change, it's always excellent.

TheSpoonelite
11-24-2014, 02:08 PM
I also saw this post, tried all the things just like it was mentioned there but just like yours, there was no improvement in fps, it seems like this low fps problem is mostly happening with the people with amd cpu or gpu, all of those friends of mine who are using amd cpu are also facing this same problem while those people who are using intel cpu are able to play the game on atleast 30fps average at default settings even with i3 cpu.

I am facing this same kind of problem, I get upto 22-24fps max otherwise average fps I get is normally 15-20fps though when looking at the ground or sky, I get upto 40+ fps without any problem. I also checked my system usage on msi afterburner, all the 8 cores of the cpu weren't being used more than 40%, they normally remains at 20-30%, my ram usage doesn't goes up more than 4.5 gb, the gpu usage doesn't reaches more than 80% and normally remains at 60% and this all is also when i'm playing this game at high environment quality, very high textures, HBAO+ ambient, fxaa, shadows at high, and bloom on, resolution 1080p, even when decreasing all the settings at low and resolution at 768p, there's no fps difference at all except when i look at ground and sky, at low settings and res. i get 60+fps.

Though ubisoft has found the cause for the problem and they say that according to them, the instruction queue is becoming overload and so its impacting performance, other than that, just keep your eyes on this live blog created by ubisoft for the news and posts they make related to bugs and fixes-
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

hopefully this fps problem will be almost fixed in 3rd patch.

My CPU is AMD and As long as i have the AA turned down I can maintain around 30fps. I don't know if there might be a connection between me having AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU which is resulting in my GPU usage being far more erratic than yours.
I really hope they fix this soon enough, I love the game and would really like to play some of the co-op stuff without risk of crashing etc.

akshatezio
11-25-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm not exactly sure what is this problem but yeah I think it will be fixed soon, fps issue have already been fixed in xboxone, and i heard there's a new patch released for ps4 which have also solved this fps issue so i think by the end of next week, we'll atleast get some info about this new patch