PDA

View Full Version : Submarines

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi

For the addon:

With a flyable PBY, subhunting should be made more interesting. This should also fit nicely with the forthcoming west european maps.

The submarine should be able to dive in 35-50 seconds when attacked and not always stay on surface to fight. Also let us set submerge or surface as a waypoint option, preferably with the option to run submerged with periscope up or not. Of course a concrete subbase would be very nice as a map object. A great target for bomber missions!

Porphy

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi

For the addon:

With a flyable PBY, subhunting should be made more interesting. This should also fit nicely with the forthcoming west european maps.

The submarine should be able to dive in 35-50 seconds when attacked and not always stay on surface to fight. Also let us set submerge or surface as a waypoint option, preferably with the option to run submerged with periscope up or not. Of course a concrete subbase would be very nice as a map object. A great target for bomber missions!

Porphy

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 06:00 PM
wow never thought of that!
Great idea! and maybe also some oil when u sink them! that goes for the ships as well...
cheers!

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 09:19 PM
I also would like to see submarines that submerge.

I would also like to see the torpedo bombers have to use proper flight paths to launch torpedos. Specifically, proper altitude and speed or the topredo fails on impact with the water. Right now you could drop your torpedo from 10,000 meters or fly at 600kph and drop your torpedo with a decent chance of sinking the target. I would think that this would be relatively easy to fix. A simple altitude and speed check at the time the torpedo is dropped. Anything outside the proper parameters and the torpedo is a dud.

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 10:16 AM
good idea

==========
RAAF_Kuky