PDA

View Full Version : "CONTINUE Freeze" Fix: Deleting your In-Game Contacts

jeffies04
11-21-2014, 05:47 AM
From Live Updates:

We have discovered one of the issues that may cause the game to crash at the main menu after pressing the CONTINUE button. This issue affects all platforms.

The team is working hard on a fix for those players that have been affected by this. However, for players who havenít experienced this issue, we highly recommend you take the following steps to prevent a crash:

Do not add any IN-GAME RECENT PLAYER as a GAME CONTACT
If you already have GAME CONTACTS, perform the following to remove them:
My Brotherhood > My Contacts > Game Contacts (using RB/R1) > Focus on a Contact (LS) > More Actions (Y/Triangle) > Remove from contacts.

If you are still experiencing a crash at the main menu even after the above steps, then please file a ticket at support.ubi.com.

- The Live Updates Team

Fix:

This was a success for my broken game.

1. Launch game online to Main Menu. Wait.

2. Disconnect your internet MANUALLY. It will yell at you.

3. Press CONTINUE.

4. Navigate menu to My Brotherhood -> Contacts until it forces you to "Go Online"

5. Connect your internet

6. Press to GO ONLINE

7. Delete your contacts. Note you cannot delete uPlay contacts, so delete any that it lets you delete.

jeffies04
11-21-2014, 06:34 AM
This works for me, but for each session. I can't get the changes to stick past one play, so we might have to do this each time. Going back into the game the contacts are back! Rinse and repeat, and the game plays online fine.

YMMV.

At least it is a workaround to play online until we get the patch.

Calgerion
11-21-2014, 08:28 AM
As soon as I imidiately reconect online and push go online, game freezes again, so I cannot delete contacts even.....

OOOOO MMMMM GGGGGG

DAIMONDAMPS
11-21-2014, 09:37 AM
When i try to remove a contact(by clicking to remove after going back on line)- game crashes. So probably this is the Issue.

Ist there any other way to remove contacts ? Can I edit some file to remove them - or this is saved in save game.

EDIT:

Just checked that contact are stored in savefiles. No way to edit them.

naumaan
11-21-2014, 09:46 AM
I dont have any contact .. still it crash...

jeffies04
11-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Awww guys I got so excited when it worked the first few times. I was really hoping to bring some good news. My fourth and fifth try was doing exactly what you said, freezing me before I got them deleted. I got it successfullly another time at which point I decided this isn't worth it and to quit.

This is good news, they know what's up and can fix the code. Hopefully they can write in a workaround for us to delete (permanently) the "bad apples". It seemed like it definitely worked when I got them deleted (only had 3), I played a few missions and collected my income ran around and synced a bunch, but they came right back on a restart of the game. The irony for me is that I'm to the same point in my new save as I was when I started crashing, so I don't have to really go back to that old save...really I was just trying this for everyone else.

Hang tight my comrades. I think they're going to fix us up soon.