PDA

View Full Version : Potential "Sage" List in ACU Revealed the Ending off the Juno Saga?(Minor Spoilers)

locketcoket
11-21-2014, 04:25 AM
In the ACU Quarry Rift Machineb you receive the Potential Sage List which list locations we could viably go in the AC within the coming years. Their were nine sages on the list, but one was Francois Germain, then their were both Sages for Black Flag etc. Taking all of those into account lowers it down to about 3 or 4. The last one in the list I could see as the Juno finally.

The last one was something along the lines of "A Mediterranean man who encountered Jesus Christ on his way to..." This leads me to believe that in the finally of the Juno saga we will play as the child of a Disciple of Christ. I'd guess Peter, but AC could always take a twist, and make a descendent of Jesus reliving his life. Though I hope they don't go down that road. It's overdone and slightly offensive.

Anyways, I think it would be interesting. See a story I know and love and believe in and taking a different perspective. I hope if they do it though Jesus will teach the disciples lessons like he does in the Bible. I also hope it shows multiple points of Jesus life. My guess for the Sage would be on of the Pharisees . (sorry if I misspelled it. that's a weird word) Also I wonder if it will show Jesus starring the Assassin order since in Christ we have free will, which is what the Assassins fight for.

MnemonicSyntax
11-21-2014, 06:58 AM
Uhm. The Juno thing doesn't have anything to do with a Sage except that "last year" a Sage tried to free Juno because the Sage is the reincarnated version of Juno's husband Aita. In ACU, there's more of a discussion regarding Juno and what she plans to do.

Any Sage that isn't alive currently is useless to the modern day plot of trying to free Juno, so I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Thirsty_panda
11-21-2014, 07:04 AM
They'll never do that. If Ubisoft decides to debauch history in the Renaissance or the french revolution there's limited backlash, they do Christ on the other hand and all of a sudden many more people get offended. The canon on Christ in the games easily flies under the radar as is and that is the only reason why they don't hesitate with it. In other words AC is too profitable for them to take the risk despite that time period having insane potential.

Oh, and also if Attila the Hun is too far back, than Christ would be too.

locketcoket
11-22-2014, 03:42 AM
Sorry forget to mention that I therorized that if Abstergo created a First-Civ genome a Sage would probably use it to bring back Juno.

As for the religious probablems with that, I can see Ubi doing that I'd they don't butcher the Bible's teachings or turn Jesus into a bad guy. In fact if they could show Jesus and some correct Biblical teachings and quotes I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

ace3001
11-22-2014, 04:33 AM
Sorry forget to mention that I therorized that if Abstergo created a First-Civ genome a Sage would probably use it to bring back Juno.

As for the religious probablems with that, I can see Ubi doing that I'd they don't butcher the Bible's teachings or turn Jesus into a bad guy. In fact if they could show Jesus and some correct Biblical teachings and quotes I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.
I think you're one of those people who missed the AC universe canon on Jesus.

Thirsty_panda
11-22-2014, 04:37 AM
Oh yes it would cause problems! They could portray him the best way possible, but by just using his likeness in a video game you'll hear people calling foul. Besides, if they were to play it straight than it would depreciate the intrigue a bit.

Now on your first point Your theory is the exact opposite of where the story is headed. Didn't you read the intel about Juno wanting to create the equivalent of the Matrix?

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-22-2014, 05:00 AM
I'd rather they not go about trying to discredit certain religions... There is no need or reason to have any story featuring Jesus. I get it, the writers are atheist, but there's no point. They already go out of their way too much to make religious (or rather, anti-religious) statements that have nothing to do with the story. The ending of Unity is a prime example of that (seriously no relation to the plot of the story other than the name of a mission). I'd rather Ubisoft play it safe and not even go there.

ace3001
11-22-2014, 05:28 AM
I'd rather they not go about trying to discredit certain religions... There is no need or reason to have any story featuring Jesus. I get it, the writers are atheist, but there's no point. They already go out of their way too much to make religious (or rather, anti-religious) statements that have nothing to do with the story. The ending of Unity is a prime example of that (seriously no relation to the plot of the story other than the name of a mission). I'd rather Ubisoft play it safe and not even go there.
Huh? Ending of Unity discrediting religion? How exactly?

Thirsty_panda
11-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Huh? Ending of Unity discrediting religion? How exactly?

Arno says there is no one watching over us who will judge us for our sins.

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2014, 07:11 AM
But that doesn't mean the writers are atheists, it just means Arno is. Not every Assassin believes in God.

ace3001
11-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Arno says there is no one watching over us who will judge us for our sins.

That doesn't discredit anything. That's Arno's personal belief which he is entitled to.

Thirsty_panda
11-22-2014, 07:26 AM
That doesn't discredit anything. That's Arno's personal belief which he is entitled to.

Oh I know, but that's what the other guy was referencing.

johnsmith145
11-22-2014, 11:11 AM
I though Arno's thoughts on the Supreme Being thing was aimed at Robespierre, or authority in general. That seems to be the general Assassin consensus, at least.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-22-2014, 05:06 PM
But that doesn't mean the writers are atheists, it just means Arno is. Not every Assassin believes in God.

Oh, I know that both Assassins and Templars are atheists. The point is that this monologue served as a conclusion to the game, yet it had nothing to do with the game as a whole, at all. That's why I'm saying that it's there just to be an atheist statement, as if "we needed it to be in there somewhere, so let's put it here for lack of a more fitting place". Contrast this monologue to the one in Rogue, where is actually fits and serves as a pretty good conclusion to Shay's story in Rogue. That's what I mean.

And, again, that aside, it is better if Ubisoft doesn't touch a story that involves Jesus.

D.I.D.
11-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Oh, I know that both Assassins and Templars are atheists. The point is that this monologue served as a conclusion to the game, yet it had nothing to do with the game as a whole, at all. That's why I'm saying that it's there just to be an atheist statement, as if "we needed it to be in there somewhere, so let's put it here for lack of a more fitting place". Contrast this monologue to the one in Rogue, where is actually fits and serves as a pretty good conclusion to Shay's story in Rogue. That's what I mean.

And, again, that aside, it is better if Ubisoft doesn't touch a story that involves Jesus.

It seems you took this especially personally, though. In another thread, you called this speech "anti-Christian".

It's one passing comment, in a speech which is not entirely there to deliver an atheistic opinion, as you said. It's a speech about living without anyone or anything having power over you, including a judgemental god, which is entirely authentic to the spirit of the revolution. If they'd been truer to the cultural substance of the time, you'd have seen a gigantic amount of atheist opinion in the game, rather than focussing on this one little blip that's got you so wound up.

It's not even rejecting gods, in effect, but the judgement of gods.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-22-2014, 08:12 PM
It seems you took this especially personally, though. In another thread, you called this speech "anti-Christian".

It's one passing comment, in a speech which is not entirely there to deliver an atheistic opinion, as you said. It's a speech about living without anyone or anything having power over you, including a judgemental god, which is entirely authentic to the spirit of the revolution. If they'd been truer to the cultural substance of the time, you'd have seen a gigantic amount of atheist opinion in the game, rather than focussing on this one little blip that's got you so wound up.

It's not even rejecting gods, in effect, but the judgement of gods.

And again, what does it have to do with the actual plot and, specifically, Arno? If the game had actually involved that in some way, I'd be ok with it, but it was a conclusion that doesn't work for a conclusion to this game. It certainly wasn't there out of any relation to the revolution. It really had nothing to do with Germain or what he said. Nothing to do with the events in Arno's life as shown in the game. The speech wasn't about no one controlling people. It was about there being no invisible supreme being and no higher purpose and no afterlife ("all we are begins and ends with ourselves"). It seemed out of place for the context of the story. It would make more sense in Ezio's games imo. And my point is that it's best and less controversial if they don't have stories that deal with religion. It's in response to a story being about a disciple of Christ or a descendant of Christ. I think it's unnecessary to go there, and better if they don't. Just my opinion.

Thirsty_panda
11-22-2014, 08:18 PM
And again, what does it have to do with the actual plot and, specifically, Arno? If the game had actually involved that in some way, I'd be ok with it, but it was a conclusion that doesn't work for a conclusion to this game. It certainly wasn't there out of any relation to the revolution. It really had nothing to do with Germain or what he said. Nothing to do with the events in Arno's life as shown in the game. The speech wasn't about no one controlling people. It was about there being no invisible supreme being and no higher purpose and no afterlife ("all we are begins and ends with ourselves"). It seemed out of place for the context of the story. It would make more sense in Ezio's games imo. And my point is that it's best and less controversial if they don't have stories that deal with religion. It's in response to a story being about a disciple of Christ or a descendant of Christ. I think it's unnecessary to go there, and better if they don't. Just my opinion.

Maybe he's dismissing the Father of Understanding. Wouldn't that be grand!;)

locketcoket
11-24-2014, 03:41 AM
Oops, the sage list was the only Intel that caught my eye. Which number was that? Either way I think one way or another AC is going towards a Sage hunt before Juno is defeated, so even if it's not an entire game I think we will see something at somepoint telling spot the result of Abstergo's hunt for the Sage who encountered Christ. I looked back at it, and they even had a name. Forgive me for my arrogance, but I don't think they'd have that if it wasn't going to come up again at some point, even if its just another assassin Intel piece.

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2014, 06:24 PM

But they aren't. Each Assassin has their own beliefs, the core of the Assassin purpose is fighting for free will to believe in what you want to believe.

Ezio isn't sure there is a "God" per se, but he is sure of something. Adewale is very spiritual and tells several slaves "My God be with you." Altair, from my understanding, is an atheist, or at least questions the existence of God and his purpose, just like he questions most everything.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-24-2014, 07:44 PM
But they aren't. Each Assassin has their own beliefs, the core of the Assassin purpose is fighting for free will to believe in what you want to believe.

Ezio isn't sure there is a "God" per se, but he is sure of something. Adewale is very spiritual and tells several slaves "My God be with you." Altair, from my understanding, is an atheist, or at least questions the existence of God and his purpose, just like he questions most everything.

I'm pretty sure that neither group believes in God, especially with their in-game knowledge that it was the First Civilization that created humanity, and that several Biblical events, according to the game, were in actuality the result of Pieces of Eden. I'd say that they don't believe in any gods, and that the use of the phrase "my god be with you" is simply something hopeful for the uninformed slaves. I'm not even sure why they had the Templars in both Rogue and Unity acting like the Father of Understanding was real, when previous games have established that this is just a phrase, and that the Templars don't believe in a literal Father of Understanding. My guess is that they had Germain speaking as though there was some deity called the Father of Understanding just so that Arno's atheism could contrast with the Templars, but this isn't consistent with the rest of the series.

Regardless, my point remains. There is no need to try to present a non-Biblical depiction of Jesus because there is no point for it and it only serves as a point of contention and offense.

As well, the Sage list didn't mention a disciple of Christ. It mentioned "The Wanderer" who was just a nomad who encountered Jesus on his way to Golgotha. The only reason they mentioned Christ and Golgotha is to give specific reference to how far back this Sage was discovered. The point is that they only really know of a few Sages.

king-hailz
11-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Not all assassins are atheists! As altair said in the codex to ezio he made it so that anyone could be an assassin of any race and any religion. He said there were Muslim and Christian assassins! I am pretty sure Connor believed in god, ezio maybe... altair no... Edward, I can't really say. All the other assassins in revelations were Muslims.

Templars were supposed Christians since the beginning as their 'motto' is the father of understanding guides us...

Also it doesn't mean that ubisoft are atheists! It's more like what they say at the beginning of each game... that it is made up of a multicultural team of various beliefs and faiths.

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that neither group believes in God, especially with their in-game knowledge that it was the First Civilization that created humanity, and that several Biblical events, according to the game, were in actuality the result of Pieces of Eden. I'd say that they don't believe in any gods, and that the use of the phrase "my god be with you" is simply something hopeful for the uninformed slaves. I'm not even sure why they had the Templars in both Rogue and Unity acting like the Father of Understanding was real, when previous games have established that this is just a phrase, and that the Templars don't believe in a literal Father of Understanding. My guess is that they had Germain speaking as though there was some deity called the Father of Understanding just so that Arno's atheism could contrast with the Templars, but this isn't consistent with the rest of the series.

Regardless, my point remains. There is no need to try to present a non-Biblical depiction of Jesus because there is no point for it and it only serves as a point of contention and offense.

As well, the Sage list didn't mention a disciple of Christ. It mentioned "The Wanderer" who was just a nomad who encountered Jesus on his way to Golgotha. The only reason they mentioned Christ and Golgotha is to give specific reference to how far back this Sage was discovered. The point is that they only really know of a few Sages.

The ones who came before didn't create man. They mated with humans and the end result was those who weren't influenced by PoEs, "created" to be "better" than regular humans though the original intent was purely unintentional because as Adam and Eve proved, they fought back.

It's the in-game explanation of the missing link.

RA503
11-24-2014, 08:05 PM
The ones who came before didn't create man. They mated with humans and the end result was those who weren't influenced by PoEs, "created" to be "better" than regular humans though the original intent was purely unintentional because as Adam and Eve proved, they fought back.

It's the in-game explanation of the missing link.

The last puzzle in AC 2 higly implied that The first civilization is what made the ape's precursors evolve to humanity using a apple of eden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCnpebzbGI4

( this one of the awesome things that made me became a fan of this series).

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
The missing link in real life is our connection to monkeys from humans. The in-game explanation is what I stated above.

That puzzle is just to show that we're not really all that different from monkeys after all, to the First Civ beings especially.

RA503
11-24-2014, 08:19 PM
In the ACU Quarry Rift Machineb you receive the Potential Sage List which list locations we could viably go in the AC within the coming years.

oh guy,you have some way to post this here ? I look in the entire internet for a video/screenshot or just information from what is the content of the database entries that we unlock in the helix but never found, you kinow whem I can see some videos of it ? (I don't have patience until I save money to buy a new console...)