PDA

View Full Version : Obisoft doesn't care about its fans/players

CarterAssassin
11-21-2014, 03:29 AM
Ubisoft has released a game which requires you to play multipayer on huge/great deal and amount of things. of course you can do 7/10 of things yourself, but it is extremely difficult and most of the things don't even have check points. there's no stealth like 2/10 for the stealth mechanics, first assassination mission is EXTREMELY Difficult because you can't go around or find a way to sneak in without getting caught, you have to cause chaos in order to be able to do missions and have actual hand to hand combat, you can't attempt double assassination like the old assassins creed 4. smoke bombs are useless because you get caught straight away, SOME HOW THE A.I is so clever that when you disable alarms the enemy finds out even without looking.
maps are very glichy you fall through and die a lot. come on this is a full finished game don't give that b.s excuse that "it will be patched soon" it's not in its alpha stage people have freaking paid for this game.
people without internet are excluded heavly or people that don't want to play online because the collectibles are restricted to multiplayers, at least have them hidden only to be seen to those who connect online, it's annoying having to see them on the map when you can't even collect them.
very unfair A.I enemies are intentionally put close to each other so you can't sneak on them and kill them one by one, and requires you to get caught WHICH HAS 0 STRATEGY and stealth.
no whistling.. no dragging bodies, bodies disappear very very short period of time. unfair battle 20 people gang up on you, at least either make it extremely difficult to combat loads of people but instead give a very strong stealth mechanism, or reduce combat and remove or make stealth ability very low ffs.
textures/graphics often glich out and don't render/load properly and characters look pixelated straight PS1 graphics.
I have the recommended specs and even + higher and it LAGS like crazy, and often frames being skipped which often gets me killed because I get attacked and I cannot play accordingly.

zoobezee
11-21-2014, 03:44 AM
Alright alright, dude. Calm down.
Combat was intentionally made more difficult. If i were a guard and i lived in a city with a known assassin's guild, i would stick real close to my buddies too.
i agree with you 100% about the Chests and other such goodies being reserved for those who play with extra apps. Seriously the apps suck and are even more broken than Unity at the moment.
Ubisoft should not even bother with extras such as that if they are not going to work perfectly the moment of launch. Also, if they had time to create some of those broken apps, they should have put that time into making the game those apps are for, streamlines and well coded instead of being more taxing and less efficient than Crysis 1 on the old Cryengine 2. (WFT Ubisoft??)

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 03:50 AM
Combat was intentionally made more difficult. If i were a guard and i lived in a city with a known assassin's guild, i would stick real close to my buddies too.
i agree with you 100% about the Chests and other such goodies being reserved for those who play with extra apps. Seriously the apps suck and are even more broken than Unity at the moment.
Ubisoft should not even bother with extras such as that if they are not going to work perfectly the moment of launch. Also, if they had time to create some of those broken apps, they should have put that time into making the game those apps are for, streamlines and well coded instead of being more taxing and less efficient than Crysis 1 on the old Cryengine 2. (WFT Ubisoft??)

both companion app (bad synching keeps me going back and they broke it so much it's back to square one) and initiates (also messed up so bad it wen't back to square one) are more baloney than the game itself, which framerates, stuttering and bad optimization aside is pretty much kickass, and i'm enjoying every single moment of it so far... when it's not crashing with acu.exe stopped working. And i'm not being sarcastic, I really am enjoying the game.

CarterAssassin
11-21-2014, 03:57 AM

Yes I know, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with more harder combat, which could be an initial push towards being more stealth and playing with strategy but the stealth is completely gone...

CarterAssassin
11-21-2014, 04:01 AM
both companion app (bad synching keeps me going back and they broke it so much it's back to square one) and initiates (also messed up so bad it wen't back to square one) are more baloney than the game itself, which framerates, stuttering and bad optimization aside is pretty much kickass, and i'm enjoying every single moment of it so far... when it's not crashing with acu.exe stopped working. And i'm not being sarcastic, I really am enjoying the game.

I have the recommended specs and even + higher and it LAGS like crazy, and often frames being skipped which often gets me killed because I get attacked and I cannot play accordingly.

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 04:04 AM

never had lag or incredibly high frame stutter like that, I do feel your pain :| and I hope patch 3 addresses some of the performance issues

CarterAssassin
11-21-2014, 04:12 AM
never had lag or incredibly high frame stutter like that, I do feel your pain :| and I hope patch 3 addresses some of the performance issues

Yeah don't get me wrong, I have an R9 290X, 8350, 12 GB of ram, and have set everything ON ULTRA, EVEN aliasing is set on ULTRA, its fine at first, but when you play it for like 1 hour it starts to **** up, makes me thing I spent 1k of pounds for a piece of **** which of course isn't my machines fault.

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 04:19 AM
Yeah don't get me wrong, I have an R9 290X, 8350, 12 GB of ram, and have set everything ON ULTRA, EVEN aliasing is set on ULTRA, its fine at first, but when you play it for like 1 hour it starts to **** up, makes me thing I spent 1k of pounds for a piece of **** which of course isn't my machines fault.

I can play for two hours and it goes ok
AA - is set to FXAA and AO is just SSAO keeps me well satisfied, if a patch comes along that eases thing for me and other players alike the better, in fact i believe it is well overdue
that and an ACU.exe fix

CarterAssassin
11-21-2014, 04:21 AM
I can play for two hours and it goes ok
AA - is set to FXAA and AO is just SSAO keeps me well satisfied, if a patch comes along that eases thing for me and other players alike the better, in fact i believe it is well overdue
that and an ACU.exe fix

Mine is MSAA X8? that's too high?

CarterAssassin
11-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Bump

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 12:57 PM

try turning it down to FXAA or off and see if it improves, not saying to keep it that way just to test it out :P
turning off shadows and bloom as well but only one at a time

Mr_Shade
11-21-2014, 01:51 PM

MSAA can be very demanding.

4xMSAA is a good balance, however 8x only adds a little extra, for a bigger performance hit.

This guide is useful for comparing the different settings: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/assassins-creed-unity-graphics-and-performance-guide

The team are working furiously to improve many aspects of the game - please see the new Live Update site for the latest news: http://ubi.li/t6uex

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 01:58 PM

4xMSAA is a good balance, however 8x only adds a little extra, for a bigger performance hit.

This guide is useful for comparing the different settings: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/assassins-creed-unity-graphics-and-performance-guide

The team are working furiously to improve many aspects of the game - please see the new Live Update site for the latest news: http://ubi.li/t6uex

thanks for the info Mr_Shade

although I do must make a pun if I am allowed

If the team is working as furiously as the players are towards it, I should expect a patch within next week xD ahah just having a little fun don't mean to be rude or anything ;)

Mr_Shade
11-21-2014, 02:06 PM
thanks for the info Mr_Shade

although I do must make a pun if I am allowed

If the team is working as furiously as the players are towards it, I should expect a patch within next week xD ahah just having a little fun don't mean to be rude or anything ;)

They have already release 2 updates- in under a week - and constantly finding workarounds etc so they are working as hard as possible.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the Live update site though :http://ubi.li/t6uex since they do update there a lot ;)

YazX_
11-21-2014, 02:47 PM

its way too high especially for such graphical demanding game like ACU, also MSAA eats VRam quickly, either use 4xMSAA as Mr_Shade said or FXAA, you can also inject SMAA using RadeonPro which is light weight AA with awesome results.

CarterAssassin
11-22-2014, 12:47 AM

Thanks a lot for the useful and helpful information :)

CarterAssassin
11-22-2014, 01:16 AM
its way too high especially for such graphical demanding game like ACU, also MSAA eats VRam quickly, either use 4xMSAA as Mr_Shade said or FXAA, you can also inject SMAA using RadeonPro which is light weight AA with awesome results.
I got 12 GB of ram, I'm thinking of doing the ram conversion to Vram share might fix it?

YazX_
11-22-2014, 11:11 AM
I got 12 GB of ram, I'm thinking of doing the ram conversion to Vram share might fix it?

For shared memory yes this could work but you will run out of GPU juice since i dont see any onboard GPU that is capable to do 8xMSAA even 4xMSAA is too much for it and again you will hit low FPS but this time because of a weak GPU, at the end of the day, it depends on your resolution, but you will end up with the same result, higher resolution = less aliasing and less AA needed and vice versa.

CarterAssassin
11-22-2014, 04:19 PM
For shared memory yes this could work but you will run out of GPU juice since i dont see any onboard GPU that is capable to do 8xMSAA even 4xMSAA is too much for it and again you will hit low FPS but this time because of a weak GPU, at the end of the day, it depends on your resolution, but you will end up with the same result, higher resolution = less aliasing and less AA needed and vice versa.
So who is 8x MSAA aimed at?, it sounds to me like it wasn't carefully thought of that player technology hasn't quite caught up yet with the developers?, or maybe ubisoft included these features to have the game stay up to date and increase its life expectancy of the game?