PDA

View Full Version : Worst AC in the series would be Unity.

Droz1937
11-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Even with the massive bug fixes that it required, this game is still highly lacking. All the members involved should be sacked and they should rehire people that did well on the good games. Being shot through walls, not being able to drop down, trying to kill one guys, but jumping and killing someone completely out of the way, being spotted when guards are not facing you, being spotted through walls, etc. The list could go on, on, and on....major fail. They need to restart.

The only good thing? The co-op. Period.

MauriceWijma
11-20-2014, 09:57 PM
You should make a game of higher quallity.

Bahjabroni
11-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Even with the massive bug fixes that it required, this game is still highly lacking. All the members involved should be sacked and they should rehire people that did well on the good games. Being shot through walls, not being able to drop down, trying to kill one guys, but jumping and killing someone completely out of the way, being spotted when guards are not facing you, being spotted through walls, etc. The list could go on, on, and on....major fail. They need to restart.

The only good thing? The co-op. Period.

I completely disagree.

Every single one of your gripes that you mentioned are bugs/technical issues. I have experienced a few as well, but not nearly the amount that you have. I also have no doubts that they will fix the game in time so that it can be enjoyed fully by all as this is IMO a fantastic entry in the series despite the glaring tech issues that so many are dealing with. I havent had the same problems you have. My biggest issue is FPS lag when there are tons of NPCs and I got stuck dropping down a few times (has happened 4 times all 4 required reloading the game. The FPS lag can be really annoying and it especially happens when inside certain buildings.

Throw the technical issues out of the equation for a moment. The game world is one of the strongest not just in this series, but ever created in any open world game period. Revolutionary Paris is done extraordinarily well with lots of detail. The single player story IMO is the strongest since AC2 b/c of the way it interweaves the real life history with the Assassin lore. Arno is a far better lead character than Connor or Edward Kenway, although I didn't dislike Edward whereas Connor was straight **** on a shingle. There is a ton of stuff to do in this game. The side missions are plentiful and some are very interesting. Some are dull and monotonous. I really like the customization and co-op despite the "price" of some the in game items (for in game money, not real money) absolutely bonkers. Underneath the problems is a very strong game. Yes, the tech issues hurt the game so much right now that its hard for many to get past that and I understand that. Again, my problems have been far more minimal.

My biggest criticism (not mentioning tech) is the amount of garbage that is attached to this game. Use this App to access these chests. Use this website to do this. Do this do that do this do that. I have the app and am on Initiates and I HATE with the seething heat of 1000 suns this terrible mechanic. The app is completely stupid. Oh lets do some missions in the app, send forth the assassins, wait 10 minutes doing nothing. The puzzles are lame and basically the same throughout. Initiates is even worse because there's nothing telling you what you have to do to use it. I hope they drop this app/Initiates crap because its so crappily integrated and really shallow. There's also a lot of monotonous stuff in the game as well. Tackle the thief, kill the criminals, blah. There are literally like 5 crowd events and they constantly repeat. I dont mind the gameplay being focused purely on assassinations and don't miss the pirate stuff as much as I thought I would.

I really am enjoying the story (I'm about to fire it up and finish the final sequence). I like the amount of side missions. I like the story missions a lot as well. The city of Paris is replicated fantastically and once the tech issues are sorted should be appreciated by many more.

I'd rank this entry behind Black Flag (#2) and AC2 (#1) and the other Ezio games after Black Flag. AC3 is still the worst for me as that was the worst ported AAA game in the last 5 years IMO and Connor was so damn bland and thats not even mentioning the horrible way they ended the Desmond story arc. AC1 would be just above III for me.

whalechan
11-20-2014, 10:27 PM
No, this is not acceptable. These issues should have been ironed out BEFORE the release, not after. Do you guys remember the old days? Devs couldn't patch their game daily due to internet limitations, only occasional patched that we could DL. And guess what, those games weren't this buggy. I understand that these game are way more sophisticated and complex, but that doesn't mean they should go ahead and release a bugfest that they are patching ever since. Just delay the game, properly test it and THEN when it's finished it should be released. There certainly will be issues after release as the hardware setups are vastly different, but these bugs are not hardware related. Even the companion app and initiate "features", did anyone ever test them before release?

Calgerion
11-20-2014, 10:32 PM
I completely disagree.

Every single one of your gripes that you mentioned are bugs/technical issues. I have experienced a few as well, but not nearly the amount that you have. I also have no doubts that they will fix the game in time so that it can be enjoyed fully by all as this is IMO a fantastic entry in the series despite the glaring tech issues that so many are dealing with. I havent had the same problems you have. My biggest issue is FPS lag when there are tons of NPCs and I got stuck dropping down a few times (has happened 4 times all 4 required reloading the game. The FPS lag can be really annoying and it especially happens when inside certain buildings.

Throw the technical issues out of the equation for a moment. The game world is one of the strongest not just in this series, but ever created in any open world game period. Revolutionary Paris is done extraordinarily well with lots of detail. The single player story IMO is the strongest since AC2 b/c of the way it interweaves the real life history with the Assassin lore. Arno is a far better lead character than Connor or Edward Kenway, although I didn't dislike Edward whereas Connor was straight **** on a shingle. There is a ton of stuff to do in this game. The side missions are plentiful and some are very interesting. Some are dull and monotonous. I really like the customization and co-op despite the "price" of some the in game items (for in game money, not real money) absolutely bonkers. Underneath the problems is a very strong game. Yes, the tech issues hurt the game so much right now that its hard for many to get past that and I understand that. Again, my problems have been far more minimal.

My biggest criticism (not mentioning tech) is the amount of garbage that is attached to this game. Use this App to access these chests. Use this website to do this. Do this do that do this do that. I have the app and am on Initiates and I HATE with the seething heat of 1000 suns this terrible mechanic. The app is completely stupid. Oh lets do some missions in the app, send forth the assassins, wait 10 minutes doing nothing. The puzzles are lame and basically the same throughout. Initiates is even worse because there's nothing telling you what you have to do to use it. I hope they drop this app/Initiates crap because its so crappily integrated and really shallow. There's also a lot of monotonous stuff in the game as well. Tackle the thief, kill the criminals, blah. There are literally like 5 crowd events and they constantly repeat. I dont mind the gameplay being focused purely on assassinations and don't miss the pirate stuff as much as I thought I would.

I really am enjoying the story (I'm about to fire it up and finish the final sequence). I like the amount of side missions. I like the story missions a lot as well. The city of Paris is replicated fantastically and once the tech issues are sorted should be appreciated by many more.

I'd rank this entry behind Black Flag (#2) and AC2 (#1) and the other Ezio games after Black Flag. AC3 is still the worst for me as that was the worst ported AAA game in the last 5 years IMO and Connor was so damn bland and thats not even mentioning the horrible way they ended the Desmond story arc. AC1 would be just above III for me.

hey man, sry, WE ARE NOT BETATESTERS !!!!

enough said !!!

if this game will be free to play based on microtransaction, nobody will say nothing on technical bugs and issues, cuzz game will be all the time upgraded, as peapole will be paing on microtransactions.... This is completely different story, and I hope u see the difference!!!

If you tolerate developers mistakes, YOU ARE THE PRIMARY problem of those issues!!!! Cuzz people like you are making background for devs to releasing for Guite high money such a crap like *** Unity!!!!

you can try to support tham as you can, but there is obvios THEIR mistakes... and they are QUANTUM!!!! This is first RETAIL GAME IN MY 20 YEARS OF GAMING history, with SUCH IMPORTANT BUGS and errors!!!! Evenm crap like Soldier of fortune double Helix was easy thing in compare with THIS!!!!! oh... nevermind... I am starting to be angry from peaple like you, enough... its pointless... wasting of my energy, which is sucessfully drained by this EPIC GAME!!!!...... I am giving a week.... than I will start to investigate Contract between dev and customer, becouse I am sure, that there is quite a lot of LAW breaks rright now!!!

Tanyn
11-20-2014, 10:33 PM
... Even the companion app and initiate "features", did anyone ever test them before release?...

Point me to a feature of Inititates that isn't "Coming Soon.", and I'll throw a dollar at it. -_- .... All of these prototype side projects that you guys are running is all well and good ... but when you start locking in-game content behind features that haven't even been built yet (I'm looking at you, Club Competition) ... then just ... screw you, Ubisoft.

Frost_Bringer
11-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Personally, I don't like the story. Its short, boring and has almost nothing to do with the theme "Assassins vs Templar", but maybe I just dont get it... But a bad story has never stopped me playing a game, if the overall world, setting and things to do are good and plenty. Sadly for me, this is not the case. The "world" of one (or two) citys is just grey and boring as hell and there is like zero variety, especially compared to AC3 or Black Flag...
I could go on and present you a massive wall of text of things i dont like, which non of you propably is going to read, so i cut it here.
After 3 days and a finished story i dont see any reason why i should start the game another time, sadly... I dont want to talk the game bad, because hopefully you guy's have fun playing the game - i really wish you lots of fun. Just wanted to get rid of my disappointment in some way. :(

strigoi1958
11-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Personally, I don't like the story. Its short, boring and has almost nothing to do with the theme "Assassins vs Templar", but maybe I just dont get it... But a bad story has never stopped me playing a game, if the overall world, setting and things to do are good and plenty. Sadly for me, this is not the case. The "world" of one (or two) citys is just grey and boring as hell and there is like zero variety, especially compared to AC3 or Black Flag...
I could go on and present you a massive wall of text of things i dont like, which non of you propably is going to read, so i cut it here.
After 3 days and a finished story i dont see any reason why i should start the game another time, sadly... I dont want to talk the game bad, because hopefully you guy's have fun playing the game - i really wish you lots of fun. Just wanted to get rid of my disappointment in some way. :(

Best way to do that is to buy and play Far Cry 4.... it is epic.. :D

I still like Unity though... it is a major, major step forward and teething problems and less story aside, it is a great game (apart from items locked by out of game requirements and an app.

similarly
11-21-2014, 12:31 AM
You should make a game of higher quallity.

I literally laughed out loud, and I almost never do that. Cheers, mate.

I've had almost no trouble with the game. I had a few synchronization problems with Unite but they were fixed. I have problems with Initiates, but I know they're working on it. I've had ONE crash and I'm in Sequence Four. The game runs very well on my machine.

There are things I liked more in previous games, like lock picking, and so on, but I feel that this game has a LOT to offer. The game world is HUGE. There are SO many buildings I can actually ENTER. It's awesome. AC3 and Black Flag (both of which I really enjoyed) had a lot of SPACE, but ACU fills the space better and has a LOT more going on. It's not flawless, not by a long shot. But it's good.

zoobezee
11-21-2014, 02:09 AM
IMO the worst game in the series is the first one. i forced myself through it just to get the story, after having completed AC II.
The second worst one is AC III, which i also disliked.
Then AC II, which i actually loved and still do. Though the combat in Brotherhood and Relevatioins out-shined it by a LONG shot, and i can probably never enjoy it as i once had.

Bahjabroni
11-21-2014, 06:51 AM
IMO the worst game in the series is the first one. i forced myself through it just to get the story, after having completed AC II.
The second worst one is AC III, which i also disliked.
Then AC II, which i actually loved and still do. Though the combat in Brotherhood and Relevatioins out-shined it by a LONG shot, and i can probably never enjoy it as i once had.

I don't really compare the first one to any of the other games. The first one is absolutely terribly monotonous (espc in the lead up to the assassinations), but you have to remember that when this series debuted, there wasn't anything like it before that allowed you to explore real places in a historical context/open world. AC2 was a whole new ballgame and changed it up so well that my disappointment with the repetition of AC1 completely evaporated. I remember vividly when the news came out about the whole "present day" storyline in the first mone and many people who were hyped about the game were not happy with this revelation. Luckily, it turned out well as the Desmond story arc started strong and the end of the first game left so many interesting questions and theories about where the series was going. IMO the first one was a very big experiment that scored on some and missed on a few others. I feel that it almost deserves a pass.

I agree with III though which is my worst, which is completely sad because its such a brilliant setting and the way the game starts with Haytham is so well done. Then it goes to Connor and the game just tanked for me. That one was boring in every respect.

Its really sad that Unity has so many technical issues. There is a great game under there waiting to be played with IMO the best story since Ezio. Its by no means perfect and not the best in the series, but it could've been.