PDA

View Full Version : Installation files

Jorgeljr
11-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Hi!
I'm new to Ubisoft and Uplay. I bought my first game yesterday. It's Assassin's Creed Unity. I spent the whole day downloading the game.
My questions are: How do I save the installer? What if I format my system... will I have to download it all over again?

Thanks!

Zmidd
11-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Officially, there is no supported way of backing up the game. Unofficially, though, there is a somewhat convoluted way of doing it:

1) Navigate to [Uplay install location]/games. There you will see folders for any games downloaded and installed through Uplay.
2) Back up those folders to wherever you want to back them up to.
3) On your freshly reformatted drive, once you have Uplay installed, start downloading the game.
4) Close the download window that popped up when you started downloading the game and click 'Download' at the top of the main Uplay window, which will open up a slightly different download window.
5) Make sure this is showing as having some of the game data actually downloaded before you use this new window to pause the download before you quit out of Uplay.
6) Navigate to [Uplay install location]/data, and you will see a numbered folder for the game you have started downloading (AC:Unity, for example, is 720). Delete the file and folder inside.
7) Copy the folder for the relevant game from your backup back into [Uplay install location]/games.
8) Open Uplay and it should show the 'Play' button for the game. If you want to make sure everything is there, you can use the verify files option from the dropdown menu and it will scan for any missing/changed files. Note that any software normally automatically installed during the download and install process (DirectX, for example) won't be, so you might have to go into the game's folder and find and manually run those installers before the game will run.

Jorgeljr
11-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Thanks, Wolftooth. I'll try that.