PDA

View Full Version : Do you run a forum/community that has a lot of TC-playing members?

Ryzza5
11-20-2014, 01:43 PM
If so, I have a little proposition.

There are 5 main factions to choose from, and the recently published "101 trailer" describes how they work in a little more detail. Rather than being completely made up of random members making random choices, what if we attempted to get a bit of friendly rivalry going by allocating a faction to the 5 biggest external communities? Even if our collective members are grossly outnumbered by the random public, you'd still have a few bragging rights if your community/faction is winning.

I have a local poll on the turboduck.net forums to find out what faction is most popular among our members. Feel free to do the same, and post your interest here with a link to your discussion thread. Then we can assign factions to 5 communities and see how things progress. Smaller communities may be able to join forces if we have more than 4 other registrants.

Factions

1. Wolves - to be assigned
2. Eagles - to be assigned
3. Crocodiles - to be assigned
4. Snakes - to be assigned
5. Bears - to be assigned

Communities interested:

1. turboduck.net (http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/32526-Which-faction-should-turboduck-members-join) (formerly known as TDU-Central)
2. TDU DriveTime (http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1050&p=28663#p28663)

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-20-2014, 02:18 PM
This could get interesting ... :)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-20-2014, 02:19 PM
This could.. :cool:

MaXiiczek
11-20-2014, 04:37 PM
and how about people who are members of more communities? this could get a bit confusing, but the idea looks interesting, it would be more personal that just some global "faction"

Ryzza5
11-20-2014, 11:04 PM
This could get interesting ... :)
Would have been nice if there was a Ducks faction... :)

and how about people who are members of more communities? this could get a bit confusing, but the idea looks interesting, it would be more personal that just some global "faction"
If you're not a forum admin/staff member then send a PM to your admins/moderators with a link and see if they want to get on board.

asmolnyi
11-21-2014, 12:07 AM
And what if the choises will be similar? ;)

Ryzza5
11-21-2014, 12:27 AM
We compare poll results on each forum to work out who gets what. Forum A and Forum B might both vote for Crocodiles, but it's likely that one of them would have more votes for it than the other.

Xane48
11-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Great idea for those that are part of these communities.

I prefer the solo mercenary/wild card style. Meeting new people is scary.

Kiwicut
11-21-2014, 01:57 PM
I'd like to know more about it. This needs some sort of communication also between each 5 communities or who else should you brag to? For how long will the fight go on? What is the goal?

DT-MadManCK
11-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Made a post about this idea on TDUDT. Sounds like fun :cool:

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1050&p=28663#p28663

DT-Bezrider
11-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Nice idea Ryzza If i can fire up enough interest on the TDU Drivetime (http://tdudrivetime.com/index.php) forums then we will definitely be up for it.:cool:
Just a few questions though, this game will be running on 4 different platforms you don't mention what platform this will be for.
Will this be ongoing or do we get to change factions each month.

I will set up a poll on the TDUDT (http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1626) forum and see how it goes but without knowing what platforms it will run on we will have members from all platforms voting and if this is only on PC that will give a false result. :(
But apart from all that count us in :D

NEET_Ludamister
11-23-2014, 04:21 AM
MMO Racing is a genre that is practically non-existant and it's just starting to be tapped. The only other MMO Racing game to existence on PC is Drift City, which is where I hail from. I, along with about fifty other expected players and potentially more, will be trying The Crew out and we'll all be together as a unit (or if there is ever a proper "Crew/Guild/Clan" function in the game, as one of those). We haven't decided on which faction to join with but we have decided to all join the same one. We don't have a public forum, (yet), but we do have our Facebook Group and Steam Group in the works as well as our already made Skype group and TeamSpeak server.

If you can include large-scale groups despite not being a public forum, then I'm sure we'll be down. Drift City has been mostly a P2W game and a lot of us throw around an easy $50-200 a month easily on the game. So depending on how the game turns out to be, I can pretty much assure everyone here that there will be a large influx of players moving from there to here.

It'd be interesting to see if this breeds a sort of hierarchy system where "X" region is ruled by one crew that works with a bunch of smaller crews OR by multiple different crews allied together. Or any possible variation of that. This is getting exciting >:]

Ryzza5
11-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Perhaps Natchai could inform us if faction battles are per-platform or global. The idea is just to have a little extra fun using what's available to us. I'm PC-based along with my group of Steam friends but there are also a few Xbone owners @ turboduck thanks to Forza Horizon 2.

For now all you have to do is get your forum members on board and have them all chose the same faction when they get the game - it'll last as long as everyone wants it to.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the majority of turboduck members so far wish to be represented by the Eagles faction.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Ryzza5, As there is no cross-platform, I'm pretty sure these will be per platform.

Ryzza5
11-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I know the racing is separate, but I wasn't sure if all the points would be collated across them all. Perhaps that's something we can do ourselves if they are published.

DT-Bezrider
11-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks for clearing those few points up guys, up to now theTDU Drivetime Poll (http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1626) has Snakes in the lead :p

Ryzza5
11-23-2014, 09:07 PM
I thought eagles eat snakes for breakfast :p

DT-Bezrider
11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I thought eagles eat snakes for breakfast :p

And so it starts...........:D
First you need to catch them, Eagles might be good in a straight line but we all know its in the bends that you win the races and Snakes are built for bends. :p

tduckadmin
11-26-2014, 01:47 AM
First you need to catch them, Eagles might be good in a straight line but we all know its in the bends that you win the races and Snakes are built for bends. :pYeah well, we can fly... wait is that cheating?

DT-Bezrider
12-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Well this is coming along nicely, i guess no one wants to take us on :p

Ryzza5
12-01-2014, 08:53 AM
A few feel that their communities aren't large enough (doesn't bother me). If it comes to it we can organise some 4v4 races one day.

DT-Bezrider
12-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Ok, maybe when the game has been out a wile and the community gets more established we can have another go at it. :cool:

KernelPad
12-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Feel free to disagree or add something to my opinion, because I'm clearly not understanding how Factions really work.

This concept is pretty similar to what I had in mind about Crew Territories when Factions were never mentioned. (I made this thread long before the 101 trailer). http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/902034-Crew-Territory-Map

The idea was that crews fight each other to gain reputation and take over main parts of USA. (Essentially, you're representing yourself in the big community)

Now I'm a little disappointed because I had hoped, we would've in-cooperated this into the community (since the game, is literally called The Crew). Shouldn't every crew should be scrambling to the top and become the best and known crew? This isn't possible anymore because now crews are representing 5 single factions, this defeats the point I was placing across. Now, its a bit like which is the best faction which is still okay!

If larger communities are representing factions, crews don't really have a chance to create a bigger reputation and name which is what I wanted in this game. Territories was the way to go to make your name big and have high reputation. I'm stuck in a puddle now, because what I had my thoughts on didn't really turn out. I know this is pretty much just bragging rights about crews but that is one essential thing in this game.

Ryzza5
12-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Yeah it would have been cool if IvT picked the 5 biggest fan-forums as factions and invited new players to join one of those sites, but that causes issues with game rating/classification since the content of those websites is out of their control and could potentially be inappropriate for Teens one day (unlikely but them's the rules).. We're all still working this out ourselves so feel free to help shape how it will work.

Mieser.kadser
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
no troll faction , so i took the toxic snake ;)