PDA

View Full Version : Ac unity guards all of a sudden much harder to kill???

bazmcc
11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if this is a common thing. I've completed the storyline and am now just collecting all collectables and completing all side missions etc. I noticed last night that all of a sudden I'd come across some guards (fairly standard ranking guards, nothing special) who took FOREVER to kill, even using perfect parries and hard attacks. I thought it was maybe just a single group but I've gone back on today and EVERY SINGLE GUARD is now like that. It takes a forever to kill a single guy and a group of 4 can be a nightmare. All I'm left with is shooting one in the head, running, hiding, then repeating.

I'm guessing this is something to do with game completion or player rank (I'm Elite Veteran), but I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? It just seems stupidly difficult now, especially considering I have completed the game and am just collecting stuff!

James_100
11-19-2014, 05:00 PM
What weapon are you using? If you went to the training room and done some tutorials, it automatically switches your sword to the first one.

bazmcc
11-19-2014, 05:07 PM
What weapon are you using? If you went to the training room and done some tutorials, it automatically switches your sword to the first one.

Aha! That's what it was! I didn't realise at first as I had recently bought a new weapon and then switched back to Sword of Eden, but realised that when I was having problems it must have been with the basic sword. Thanks!!!

SpiritMuse
11-19-2014, 08:26 PM

I had that happen to me too, it was very confusing for a while. Why does it do that?

TwentyGlyphs
11-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Same thing happened to me. All of a sudden guards were much harder to fight in combat, even the 2-diamond ones. I lucked into noticing the weapon I had selected being the original sword again, because I hardly ever go into the customization menus. I'm sure I had done a training mission before the combat got harder.

Jackdaw951
11-19-2014, 11:03 PM
I had that happen to me too, it was very confusing for a while. Why does it do that?

Same reason the buggy game is buggy.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to keep a closer eye on my loadout.