PDA

View Full Version : This was a bad year for ubisoft!

king-hailz
11-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Ever since I've been a fan I have to admit this is the worst year they have had from reviewers and problems and my own opinion of them.

First Watch dogs which we all know had the downgrade and one of the worst main characters I've played as.

Then ACU with its technical problems and weak story.

Then ACRo with a better story but boring game play.

Then FarCry 4 which has lost that magic spark that FarCry3 had from the simple but effective story and it's weak characters!

I have to admit there best game this year was Child Of Light!

This tells me something. Ubisoft made child of light as a little experiment and something they obviously enjoyed making! Now if I look over the years! AC2 was something they evolved the series with and had creative ideas and really felt like they were part of this game! With FarCry3 they really seemed like they enjoyed making it! However then with FarCry4 they tried to recreate something they had made before as quick as they could and it didn't work.

Ubisoft truly makes magic when they really put their hearts and souls into what they are making and not forcing themselves to stick to a deadline and advertise their games like crazy!

I want to see dead kings and chronicles and see if they are worth mentioning.

JustPlainQuirky
11-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Then ACU with its technical problems and weak story.

Then ACRo with a better story but boring game play.

had they mixed the story of Rogue with the gameplay mechanics of Unity (minus broken stealth), we would have had a phenomenal installment in the franchise.

I noticed the games are better when they focus on assassin/templar characters and lore and not on love relationships and revenge and blah.

Focus on what makes assassins creed, assassins creed.

ace3001
11-19-2014, 06:46 PM
had they mixed the story of Rogue with the gameplay mechanics of Unity (minus broken stealth), we would have had a phenomenal installment in the franchise.

I noticed the games are better when they focus on assassin/templar characters and lore and not on love relationships and revenge and blah.

Focus on what makes assassins creed, assassins creed.
But then we haven't had many proper Assassins/Templar stories like that among main games except for AC1, ACR and maybe a little bit of AC4.

AC2 was Ezio's revenge. It's still my favourite in the series, but that had very little to do with the core Assassins/Templars conflict because Rodrigo Borgia was doing things his own way.
ACB was BORGIAS ARE THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL! They might as well have not been Templars and the story would've gone the same way.
AC3 was American revolution and Connor trying to save his people.
AC4 was mainly about pirates.

In these games, Assassins and Templars just happened to be there. The focus was not on their core conflict.

I suppose Rogue changes this, but I have to wait until "Early 2015" for that, whenever that is going to be.

Namikaze_17
11-19-2014, 06:47 PM
It hasn't been that bad, really...

I didn't like Unity, but I don't hate it.

And Rogue was great. :D

Perk89
11-19-2014, 07:30 PM
I almost feel like Ubi is trying to avoid as much Assassin Vs. Templar story as possible to try and appeal to new people. It's like they're worried the sci-fy aspect will scare people away.

hey. Ubisoft. This is the story you've chosen to tell. So tell it. Tell us about the Assassin/Templar conflict in the past. Tell us about it in the present. Will the Assassins regain their strength? Will Astergo be exposed? What other leaders throughout history were just Templar puppets? Which famous Assassinations were the work of the Assassins.

these are your strong points. Stick to them. Stop recycling the same "everybody can relate to blah" storylines. Focus on telling good stories rather than "relatable" ones.

Namikaze_17
11-19-2014, 07:40 PM
I almost feel like Ubi is trying to avoid as much Assassin Vs. Templar story as possible to try and appeal to new people. It's like they're worried the sci-fy aspect will scare people away.

hey. Ubisoft. This is the story you've chosen to tell. So tell it. Tell us about the Assassin/Templar conflict in the past. Tell us about it in the present. Will the Assassins regain their strength? Will Astergo be exposed? What other leaders throughout history were just Templar puppets? Which famous Assassinations were the work of the Assassins.

these are your strong points. Stick to them. Stop recycling the same "everybody can relate to blah" storylines. Focus on telling good stories rather than "relatable" ones.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vgk-lA12FBk/hqdefault.jpg

dxsxhxcx
11-19-2014, 08:10 PM
I almost feel like Ubi is trying to avoid as much Assassin Vs. Templar story as possible to try and appeal to new people. It's like they're worried the sci-fy aspect will scare people away. they don't need to add TWCB and POEs to every AC game, the struggle between the two Orders isn't only about that, and they can always keep it to a minimum like they did in AC1..

D.I.D.
11-19-2014, 08:19 PM
they don't need to add TWCB and POEs to every AC game, the struggle between the two Orders isn't only about that, and they can always keep it to a minimum like they did in AC1..

Agreed, but on top of that, I think it would be quite refreshing if not every story involved an us/them struggle to the finish. It would be quite a nice twist if the Templar plans were completely defeated partway through the story, and the enemies to the end of the game were simply the real historical players without any affiliation with either side. The Jedi/Sith business in this series sometimes tramples on the fact that ordinary people are capable of some astonishing trickery in the course of normal human power, and you don't need some kind of shadowy Illuminati fiction to make that happen.

melbye82
11-19-2014, 09:12 PM
It is karma for delaying the WiiU version of Watch Dogs six months, then when they finally release it for full-price without any of the DLC