PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] While I have little complaints about this game, I do have this to say:

Aphex_Tim
11-19-2014, 02:47 PM
When you start up AC:U for the first time, the first thing you see is a selection of missions involving different characters from different time periods.
A while ago, a screenshot of this menu leaked and I assumed it would just be info videos, perhaps made by Abstergo (like the Devils of the Caribbean trailer).
Imagine my surprise when I selected the first one (as the rest was still locked) and I got to play as a medieval Templar under none other than Jacques de Molay.
I got really excited and started looking forward to unlocking the rest of those missions as I also caught glimpses of Connor, Haytham, Ezio etc.
I expected the missions to be available after beating the game.

Am I missing something here? As it seems to turn out, you never get to see this screen again? The missions don't even exist and the selectable icons were just for show? What a cocktease!

dxsxhxcx
11-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Apparently that menu and mission were supposed to emulate your Abstergo device working as it should until the moment it got hacked by the Assassins...

I agree that this was a big let down and a poor way to do that, they could've just triggered that mission at the beginning of the game without the presence of the menu with the other locked missions and it would've had the same effect, at least this way people wouldn't create expectatives about the other missions....

MnemonicSyntax
11-19-2014, 03:43 PM
It's my understanding that those other "games/media" are things we've already done mostly (played) but with a Templar twist on it.

Stuff like Jazz Age Junkies is just a ridiculous tease though.

dxsxhxcx
11-19-2014, 03:48 PM
It's my understanding that those other "games/media" are things we've already done mostly (played) but with a Templar twist on it.

Stuff like Jazz Age Junkies is just a ridiculous tease though.

it doesn't change the "fact" that it would've been nice to have a glimpse of some time periods that weren't visited yet and also see a bit more of the previous Assassins..

MnemonicSyntax
11-19-2014, 03:57 PM
it doesn't change the "fact" that it would've been nice to have a glimpse of some time periods that weren't visited yet and also see a bit more of the previous Assassins..

I'm not denying that. At all.

Megas_Doux
11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
In the modern documents of AC Rogue it is said that those are either current and/or future projetcs of Abstergo Entertainment.

ace3001
11-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Storywise, it's part of whatever Helix package the modern day protag, that's you, bought from Abstergo Entertainment. As the story goes, when you're done playing the first mission, the Assassins hijack your device and ask you to help them.
In reality, those missions don't exist. Only the first one does.

JustPlainQuirky
11-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Darby said and I quote "that was the devs trolling"

:nonchalance:

ace3001
11-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Darby said and I quote "that was the devs trolling"

:nonchalance:

More like a backhanded slap in the face to long term series fans, because they're the only ones that would get excited on seeing that screen.

wvstolzing
11-19-2014, 05:25 PM
What puzzles me is that they have Raton, Ezio, and Ibn La Ahad on that list, all three of whom Abstergo Ent. considers unfit for a product.

But then again, in Abstergo Ent. offices in AC4, there werre boxes of AC3, and a bunch of novelizations. (Which is incongruent in a number of ways; so all of these must be considered easter eggs, I suppose.)

ace3001
11-19-2014, 05:31 PM
What puzzles me is that they have Raton, Ezio, and Ibn La Ahad on that list, all three of whom Abstergo Ent. considers unfit for a product.

But then again, in Abstergo Ent. offices in AC4, there werre boxes of AC3, and a bunch of novelizations. (Which is incongruent in a number of ways; so all of these must be considered easter eggs, I suppose.)

Actually, that's nicely explained in Assassin Intel aka "the only reason to play each ****ty rift three times".

http://i.imgur.com/BFGejJS.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
11-19-2014, 05:33 PM
More like a backhanded slap in the face to long term series fans, because they're the only ones that would get excited on seeing that screen.

Yeah it's a real middle finger to fans, IMO.

wvstolzing
11-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Actually, that's nicely explained in Assassin Intel aka "the only reason to play each ****ty rift three times".

Ah, ok thanks. I haven't unlocked all those things yet. I'm taking my time, just generating a mental map of the city so that I can play reliably w/o the HUD.

I've progressed in the storyline just enough to get the phantom blade; since then I've been roaming aimlessly, chasing thieves, etc.

pacmanate
11-19-2014, 05:46 PM
As Mayrice said, Darby said it was a troll.

It was in the Livestream they did for Unity on release day.

Very disappointed to be honest.

One thing I got from this though is that if they do a medieval setting it would look amazing

Aphex_Tim
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
One thing I got from this though is that if they do a medieval setting it would look amazing

Indeed, same with the third time anomaly. Left me craving for more medieval AC goodness!

JustPlainQuirky
11-19-2014, 05:50 PM
As Mayrice said, Darby said it was a troll.

It was in the Livestream they did for Unity on release day.

Very disappointed to be honest.

Like, I understand teasing can be funny but c'mon man.

You don't do that to your fans.

Megas_Doux
11-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Indeed, same with the third time anomaly. Left me craving for more medieval AC goodness!

Indeed, that prologue was BOSS......

I want to go back to the middle ages. In regards of those images, it is not the first time....In AC IV the part of Desmond famility tree was pure fan service/trolling.