PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Earn Sync Points for Upgrades? Story Missions Only?

Yoshack Fyre84
11-19-2014, 09:01 AM
I haven't been able to earn any sync points running around playing the game. Is it story missions only that earn these I've done some Nostradamus Puzzles and Café Theatre Missions, and Social Club Missions. No Assassin Missions yet and just the first few story missions, I'm on Sequence 3. I have 2 sync points and I need 4 to unlock Double Assassination. What's the best way to earn these sync points without advancing the story of the game? I'm just wanting to level up skills, earn money and find collectibles to start with mostly. If Assassin Contracts do it, I can do those at least. But if it's story missions only there's a problem then. I need the Double Assassination skill to be able to play effectively.

deskpe
11-19-2014, 09:06 AM
coop mission and heists!

Yoshack Fyre84
11-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Really? Only through Co-Op can you earn sync points? That blows, co-op barely even works. So you can only upgrade your character by playing with other people, not something you can do on your own? That's really sad.

AntiChrist7
11-19-2014, 09:42 AM
No you also earn sync points by story missions

Yoshack Fyre84
11-19-2014, 11:11 AM
I just played a coop mission. There were sync points to collect but I needed to have the lockpick skill to get them!!!! RAAARGH!!!!! It was only a 2 star mission!!!

Steelray25
11-19-2014, 11:47 AM
I just played a coop mission. There were sync points to collect but I needed to have the lockpick skill to get them!!!! RAAARGH!!!!! It was only a 2 star mission!!!

There's always another way in. You just have to find it. ;)

For instance, in the mission Heads Will Roll, in the square where you are to save Baton from being executed, you'll see a synch point in the far building. There's a locked door which would make reaching it easy. But most people doing it for the first time won't have the skill to unlock it.

BUT...

If you climb up to an open second story window, once inside, you can jump down to the first floor and go pick it up. I think* there may even be an open door or window on the opposite side of the building as well (but don't quote me on that).

EmptyCrustacean
11-19-2014, 01:19 PM
No you also earn sync points by story missions

Yes, but story missions will run out! You shouldn't have to go online with other people to earn sync points!

EmptyCrustacean
11-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Do you have to have PSN to play the co-op missions?

rrebe
11-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Do you have to have PSN to play the co-op missions?

You mean PS+? Yes, apparently.

EmptyCrustacean
11-19-2014, 01:29 PM
You mean PS+? Yes, apparently.

Yep, sorry that's what I meant.
Bummer. I have to wait another few weeks to play co-op missions then as I can't afford PS+ right now. Why would Ubisoft force you to take part in an experience you have to pay for after you've already purchased the game? Stupid.

Steelray25
11-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Yep, sorry that's what I meant.
Bummer. I have to wait another few weeks to play co-op missions then as I can't afford PS+ right now. Why would Ubisoft force you to take part in an experience you have to pay for after you've already purchased the game? Stupid.

You can play the co-op missions in private (solo). It may take a bit longer, and you'll have to be a bit more careful, but it can be done. In fact, that's probably the easiest way to earn the extra synch points as grouping with randoms tends to be a race rather than an exploration.

Certain missions are very hard to do solo if there's a time element involved. But if it's too difficult for you, just move on to the next.

It also helps to know in advance which skills you want to buy so you prioritize properly. You don't NEED many of them. They amount more to flavor than a necessary skill. Others you very well probably do need if they suit your play style. For instance, you don't NEED mastery in all weapon classes. Pick one and stick to it until you have points to spare. Lock picking can be skipped altogether unless you really want it. Chests aren't that major of an income boost. And locked doors can always be worked around (as I explained above). Group skills? Don't need them if you're not playing in a group. ;) Extra health? Sure, the first one helps a lot. The rest aren't mandatory for much/most of the game.

I bought disguise. Barely ever use it. Wasted buy IMO. I bought the melee skill to stagger the opponent. Don't really need it.

Don't fret. This game is very doable from start to finish solo. And without upgrading ALL skills.

TwentyGlyphs
11-19-2014, 07:26 PM
I've played the first 2 co-op missions offline, and they are definitely difficult by yourself. I lost patience with the 2nd one and haven't beaten it yet. But I used the strategy guide to get the Sync Point collectibles in the missions. I got them first thing in the co-op mission The Food Chain before doing any of the objectives, then died. I didn't lose the Sync Point collectibles even though I have never completed the mission. I suppose you could always load a few co-op missions up and get the collectibles and quit. You won't get all the Sync Points unless you beat the co-op missions, but you could get a little boost from the collectibles.