View Full Version : Frame Rate and 4 second Stutter FIXED

RSBoreal1
11-19-2014, 07:50 AM
First my specs:

Intel I7 3570K 4.5 OC
MSI 770 lightning in SLI 1267 OC
OCZ 1200 watt PSU
The rest is menial

Frame rate at a constant 80 with a few 50 on the low side and 119 on the high side. Measurement's taken with EVGA Precision X software. Temps average 70*

1. Download the Nvidia driver 344.75

I used this loading process not sure if it matters but need to be thorough. Load only the driver and the physics driver. on a clean install .

2. Download and install Nvidia Inspector and load the following instructions link below.

http://i.imgur.com/IRK5pN7.png

3. Nvidia Control panel settings FXAA on
Max pre render frames 1
Power management MAx performance
Triple buffering On
Vsink adaptive

Everything else global settings.

The game went from horrible to awesome. Movement is fluid no 4 second stutter and no faces not there. Hair and clothing moves as it should. I have played this setting 2 hours and tried to reproduce the issues by moving in and out of the game and fast travel all over the map and have not seen them. Also quit the game and restarted played another two hours this evening and no issues.

Other thing to note My game unpatched I am not able to get the patches from Steam or from UBI. I have made several inquires about the issue but not answer. "Like you guys have no other issues pressing LOL".

Anyway I am impressed with the game try the set up and let me know what you think.

Nogeaux
11-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up and and detailed instruction. All I did was upgrade to the new driver and the improvement was obvious.

Cheers, nogeaux

DeadlyShadow_47
11-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks, I'll definetely try this after work. Will let you know if it helped. Btw I have GTX 760

topeira1980
11-19-2014, 10:19 AM
isnt there anyone on AMD cards that has any sort of trick for us, AMD ppl?

we dont have FXAA on our drivers, nor this type of tripple buffering. we have openGL tripple buffering thingy but i dont think it's the same....

in any case, i cant implement tips on nvidia drivers in my AMD driver (catalyst)....
i suffer so much with my AMD driver with this game....

DomCatz
11-19-2014, 10:50 AM
isnt there anyone on AMD cards that has any sort of trick for us, AMD ppl?

we dont have FXAA on our drivers, nor this type of tripple buffering. we have openGL tripple buffering thingy but i dont think it's the same....

in any case, i cant implement tips on nvidia drivers in my AMD driver (catalyst)....
i suffer so much with my AMD driver with this game....

Yup, I made this switch from the green team but you just lose so much. Soon as I can I'm switching back.

totte115
11-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Other thing to note My game unpatched I am not able to get the patches from Steam or from UBI. I have made several inquires about the issue but not answer. "Like you guys have no other issues pressing LOL".

Anyway I am impressed with the game try the set up and let me know what you think.

Oh, you're not having the Patch 2 then.
That is why its working for you.

I did this when I was on patch 1 and it did GREAT. I was so happy.
Then came the ****ing auto-update and ****ed my whole game, havent played on several days now

DeadlyShadow_47
11-19-2014, 03:04 PM
This method and new driver made it all worse for me (GTX 760 user here). Then I switched back to previous 344.65 version and I have constant 45fps on High settings in a crowded areas.