PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ubisoft and black flag! Pc ported bad?! Why

LightStrider01
11-19-2014, 03:27 AM
I have owned ASSASINS CREED BLACK FLAG FOR PC SINCE IT WAS RELEASED. I HAVE TO USE D3DOverrider to keep the frames at 60, because it for no good reason caps to 40 fps at random locations. ALSO, i cannot use PHYSX, AT ALL. My specs are

i5 3550 3.3ghz quad core cpu 4ghz turbo
Asus p8z77-v-lx- motherboard
Corsair 16GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
KingSton 120gb HyperX 3k SSD Sata III.
2tb 7200rpm hdd
A benQ XL2420T monitor
Nvidia Msi Gtx 980 4g Gamming Oc edition. Gtx 460 Dedicated to PhysX
Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced case.

WHAAAT THEEEE FFFFFFFF am i doing wrong, Why do i have to use a 3rd party to even play this game, not to mention D3D. This crap has been posted so many times i have seen numerous forums and youtube videos regarding the matter....Fix your SHI*! I want to use physX and i want to know why i cannot run everything on super high with my new graphics card, I can understand maybe if my CPU is not fast enough, But why not get tool tips for pc games in the Graphics options menu that explain Which settings rely on CPU and GPU, So i can customize my shi*.

I want to enjoy the bloody game, but cannot....!!!

Razrback16
11-19-2014, 03:30 AM
Open a ticket with Ubisoft support. THey may be able to help. I haven't had any trouble with AC4 at all - great game though.

LightStrider01
11-19-2014, 04:15 AM
You probably dont even play with physx, or any of the settings i am talking about just some senior member with no advice but, hey
"Open a ticket" thx...lots of help....Go look at youtube or google frame rate lock at 40 fps....save your pleasentry nonsense that is of no help for another forum

strigoi1958
11-19-2014, 04:24 AM
unfortunately it seems the only choice is either accept those fps or turn something down in the settings :( I have no idea what my FPS was when I played ACBF but I had smoke on and just used geforce experience to set the initail setup then tweaked from there.... I had a gtx 670 then and it was great

I have the same mobo ssd and monitor as you

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-19-2014, 05:50 AM
So you have a 980 and a 460? The 460 handling PhysX is what's wrong I'd say. Definitely turn stuff down though. The advanced environmental stuff, especially. anti-aliasing too.

nonamename1
11-19-2014, 08:08 AM
IMO don't dedicate the slower card to PhysX, that is probably the problem right there. In fact, I'd remove the card altogether and rely solely on the 980.

can you give that a try and let us know the results?

Anykeyer
11-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Using dedicated card (especially with lower CUDA compute capability than your main) for physx is often a bad idea. Both for performance and compatibility
In this case 460 has limited and ancient version 2.1 while 980 supports the latest 5.2.
For vsync fps issue I use this workaround (it doesnt require 3rd party apps):
1. lock windows (win+L)
2. unlock
3. switch to game
you have to repeat this every time you launch ac4 or use alt-tab

LightStrider01
11-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Tabbing out then back in, is stupid. They need to fix their faults. I am not doing that, only to figure out it does not work, or works only in special circumstances. And Physx, still did not work with my SINGLE gtx 780 ti, last year( Same Issue as Now, Even on the lowest settings, it Fks up the game, and my frames go lower even as gpu usage is minimal, and i do have it set to gpu in the control panel). No 460 in the machine just that 1 card. You noobs who keep talking, go turn up everything and turn up physx and crap and tell me the game runs how it is supose to....i have a medium level card with 1gig ram dedicated to physx, working technology that does not work. BULLLLLSHHHTTTT, I enable Phsyx With Either my current set up, or my old set up. and it was Horrible fps, without even the GPU being used. And i always set the physx to GPU in the Nvidia control panel, Get the damn developer out here in this Forum
Cuda has nothing to do with Physx, 2 different technologys. so your dumb for saying that, and the card can support physx all the same.
As for turning stuff down, I am not a noob, I go into the game, i go base value, meduim settings then i gradually higher my settings, i have msi afterburner OSD with RTTS to display my gpu usage aswell as CPU Usage and FPS. I find that my gpu can easily handle Very high envormental detail, and high quality, with 2x txaa, and medium soft shadows or high regular shadows. Still no good answers, The stuff i saw when this game first came out was all these issues and more, And still no fixs.....Horrible...they cannot even fix their own in game vsync to keep stable 60fps.....what a joke

strigoi1958
11-19-2014, 12:16 PM
If you think they're going to "fix" a game a year after it was released because of you... then you are a noob.
Physx is awful use it at your own peril.
If after a year this is how the game runs then I'd guess this is "how it is supposed to" run.
I did suggest lowering settings and you said you start off and increase settings....
The best thing I can suggest is ... whatever software you are using to fixate on figures instead of just enjoying the game... turn it off. Like I said we have very similar systems and at the time I had a gtx 670 and the game was awesome at whatever setting it was and at whatever FPS it was...

Anykeyer
11-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Cuda has nothing to do with Physx, 2 different technologys. so your dumb for saying that
PhysX runs on CUDA. Educate yourself before posting

If you dont want to do anything then just shut up and stop asking for help. No one here is interested in your pathetic rant.
And ofc Ubi wont release any more fixes/patches.