PDA

View Full Version : new drivers...

PricklyBlitz
11-18-2014, 11:43 PM
so the new drivers meant for dragon age optimization have fixed the stuttering problem i had with my gtx 760 SC now im getting 45-50 fps buuuut the trade off is now the game crashes randomly could be 5 mins in game or an hr in crash....which leads me to believe both ubisoft and nvidia created bias drivers in order to sell higher end cards doesnt shock me there...so really now the ubisoft patch that fixed crashing is utterly useless

D.I.D.
11-18-2014, 11:51 PM
which leads me to believe both ubisoft and nvidia created bias drivers in order to sell higher end cards

No. This would never be a sales strategy, and it would be impossible to keep a lid on it. Aside from the fact that is makes no sense, all it would take is one embittered employee leaving the company from either side, or indeed leaking the story anonymously with proof, and both companies would be in tatters. You know there are more than a 1000 people working on AC now, right? Thousands in the company?

Faced with the choice of upgrading their card, most players would simply buy a different game. It's cheaper and simpler, and there are lots of choices. The worst fallout could lead committed AC fans to not buy the next game instead, which would be terrible for Ubisoft.