PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so pissed at Ubisoft?

Simeis147
11-18-2014, 09:59 PM
HI!
First of all I'd like to thanks the forum staff who's doing his best to answer and fix all the issues that so many are dealing with.
Now comes my real subject: Why the hell am I so pissed at Ubisoft?
My computer used to be one of the best back in 2011, that means he is only 3 years old, so I'm expecting from it to deal with every games on the market. When i bought the physical version of ACU (with PC specificly wrote on it, not tower computer), I thought (i shouldn't have) that my computer was abble to run it. And yeah, I was very mad when I saw that it wasn't. But, the worst is that I looked on several topics, and even the currents best portable computers had troubles! That really turned me on: I had bought a game that i couldn't play with and this only because I trusted Ubisoft! And even if my computer was one of the only one to run it, I'd had have troubles inside the quests... My message to Ubisoft is this one: if you don't want to make a game for the PC-gamers, then don't do it, instead of taking our money for something that works in 50% cases...
Then I thought of the multiplayers option. Really, it was aswell one of the big reason I bought the game in the first place. BUT here too, it was clearly a mistake: everyone has issues and we have to wait for the next patch...
I'm aware that a lot of people will disagree with me, but I'm that one kind of person that think it's more healthy to say what we think.

Good night to everyone,

PS: there might be some mistakes of language, i'm actually frenh-speaking but this forum is way better than the french one.

Phyx42
11-19-2014, 12:05 AM
Just because you don't know how every component of your PC works or read System requirements, doesn't mean it's UBIs fault.
Of course this game has some bugs, but they will be fixed. You wanted next-gen games, here you go, buy a PC that can handle the games or buy a PS4 or XBONE.

Simeis147
11-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah I said that i should have read the required equipment, so in one way i told it was a little bit of my fault aswell. But even if I had a pro computer, i'd had have troubles, so i don't see the point in buying a new one... And about PS4 and Xbox One, that's just not the same gameplay at all, so I don't see why I'd buy those...

MnemonicSyntax
11-19-2014, 08:17 PM
That's not true. I have a "pro" computer and I don't have any issues except Uplay connectivity for Co-Op at times.

Also, laptops are not supported by Ubisoft, ever. It may or may not work on your laptop, but Ubisoft isn't responsible if it doesn't.

D_cover
11-19-2014, 08:42 PM
I have to say. Apart from the online issue I had which I managed to fix I haven't had any real preformance issues.

No OP it is totally your fault. You are meant to read the requirements. Don't go assuming you can run every game on the market. Because the are games out their that give the best PC's a run for their money.

Yes Ubi made a demanding game and they aren't the first. Arma back in its day took a beast of a PC to run it maxed, Crysis was ahead of its time and Unity is just one of those games where you need to put money into a real gaming PC to play it.

Tanyn
11-19-2014, 08:55 PM
HI!
First of all I'd like to thanks the forum staff who's doing his best to answer and fix all the issues that so many are dealing with.
Now comes my real subject: Why the hell am I so pissed at Ubisoft?
My computer used to be one of the best back in 2011, that means he is only 3 years old, so I'm expecting from it to deal with every games on the market. When i bought the physical version of ACU (with PC specificly wrote on it, not tower computer), I thought (i shouldn't have) that my computer was abble to run it. And yeah, I was very mad when I saw that it wasn't. But, the worst is that I looked on several topics, and even the currents best portable computers had troubles! That really turned me on: I had bought a game that i couldn't play with and this only because I trusted Ubisoft! And even if my computer was one of the only one to run it, I'd had have troubles inside the quests... My message to Ubisoft is this one: if you don't want to make a game for the PC-gamers, then don't do it, instead of taking our money for something that works in 50% cases...
Then I thought of the multiplayers option. Really, it was aswell one of the big reason I bought the game in the first place. BUT here too, it was clearly a mistake: everyone has issues and we have to wait for the next patch...
I'm aware that a lot of people will disagree with me, but I'm that one kind of person that think it's more healthy to say what we think.

Good night to everyone,

PS: there might be some mistakes of language, i'm actually frenh-speaking but this forum is way better than the french one.

1) 'PC' Stands for "Personal Computer", not "Portable Computer" ... every computer game ever created has the acronym "PC" stamped on it ... that does not mean they were designed specifically for laptops, lol. -_-

2) Very few people disagree with you

3) ... There are about 2.5 Billion of those "one kinds of people", that say what they think.

Sorry ... can't get past the ignorant parts long enough to address the actual post.

Anonua
11-20-2014, 12:45 AM
^------This

jeffies04
11-20-2014, 02:30 AM
Sorry, bud, but to assume you could run the game when you clearly knew that you don't meet the requirements is 100% on you. Ubisoft puts them on the back of the box for a reason.

The technical issues of the people who do meet the requirements are really a moot point for you. No need getting angry over their issues. Yours is your computer needs better equipment.

I'm not trying to be overly harsh, but people need to take 100% responsibility for their actions, not 50%. (I will echo again, PC = personal computer, not portable.)