PDA

View Full Version : Bad Joke?

MuhKuh148
11-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Today I got my nvidia Game bundle key and instantly activated AC: Unity with it.

After the activation of the game I logged into Uplay and started the download for Ac: Unity... with freaking 150 - 300kb/s!!

That's a bad joke or?

I mean I have a 50mbit connection over here and I can still download fine from Steam or ANY other download platform with 4 - 5mb/s (right NOW)

But of course not from freaking Uplay.. so why do I need to wait 70h!! to play the game Ubisoft??

Oh and DON'T come with "start Uplay as Admin, get the latest Uplay update, delete all proxys, disable your firewall, delete any Uplay bandwidth limitation, blablabla" have done ALL of them, still around 200kb/s..

karelmikie3
11-18-2014, 09:15 PM
it's fine for me....

MuhKuh148
11-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Ye.. now, after 2h of 200kb/s downloading it started to rise now, I am @ 2,3mb/s now

PricklyBlitz
11-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Today I got my nvidia Game bundle key and instantly activated AC: Unity with it.

After the activation of the game I logged into Uplay and started the download for Ac: Unity... with freaking 150 - 300kb/s!!

That's a bad joke or?

I mean I have a 50mbit connection over here and I can still download fine from Steam or ANY other download platform with 4 - 5mb/s (right NOW)

But of course not from freaking Uplay.. so why do I need to wait 70h!! to play the game Ubisoft??

Oh and DON'T come with "start Uplay as Admin, get the latest Uplay update, delete all proxys, disable your firewall, delete any Uplay bandwidth limitation, blablabla" have done ALL of them, still around 200kb/s..

the bad joke will be when you start the game

YazX_
11-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Hello,

it works fine over here, however, can you check and make sure that there is no bandwidth usage limit set in UPlay settings ---> Network tab?

Base2Crown
11-19-2014, 02:05 AM
The Uplay servers aren't yet efficient enough to handle the high demand, I'm sure they lack the infrastructure that Steam has to deliver gigabytes of data at breakneck speeds. When I started downloading AC Unity my DL speed would drop down to a staggeringly low 6kb/s, this speed drop would persist until I restarted Uplay. This happened many times, I honestly wish Ubisoft would have kept their games strictly on Steam.

I understand why they moved to Uplay (to maximize profit and micro-transactions) but there's better ways to go about it. Uplay has only been around since AC2 while Steam has been running strong for over 10 years, the quality we expect by now is much higher than anything we're getting with Uplay.