PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Rope-please help

terry427
11-18-2014, 01:15 PM
HI, I have installed the PC game and downloaded the Day 1 patch. On starting the game and progressing to the first tower, I have come to where someone throws a rope down for me to climb. I grabbed the rope but I can't climb the rope, I can't get off the rope, nothing. The only keys that work now are A and D to swing sideways.
How do I either climb the rope or get off the rope?
I have tried every key and reset key functions in options but nothing works, I am stuck hanging on this rope.
I would appreciate some assistance thanks as just playing to get to the rope seems a little short changed.

Oh and while I'm here the S key to walk backwards doesn't work either even though it is allocated correctly in the options

Thanks

terry427
11-18-2014, 02:53 PM
i worked it out, just like in FC3 if you change some of the options for movement to make gameplay easier it screws up other functions, not good at all, but thanks anyway.

NumberRn86
11-18-2014, 10:52 PM
i worked it out, just like in FC3 if you change some of the options for movement to make gameplay easier it screws up other functions, not good at all, but thanks anyway.

Well, thanks to you for working that one out, and what a Stupid bug to have on a new product. I literally can't change the binding for rmb without it breaking the climb action on the lmb.

Thanks ubi!

Wiklund
11-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Well, thanks to you for working that one out, and what a Stupid bug to have on a new product. I literally can't change the binding for rmb without it breaking the climb action on the lmb.

Thanks ubi!

Yep...I have to turn my settings to default every time I want to use the rope. And by the looks of it...it will not even be fixed in patch no 2. How hard can that be to fix? Thankfully the game runs perfect otherwise. Feel sorry for some of the people out there when I see all the other problems they are having.

Jakallov3
11-20-2014, 02:16 AM
How did you manage to get it working? I'm having that same issue, but I don't know what movement options you talk about. D:

sebnukem
11-21-2014, 03:18 AM
I have the same problem. The only thing I could do is quit the game, and lost everything. Starting over. I payed $60 for this?

spackdude
11-23-2014, 05:13 AM
+1 this sucks for me too. I use RMB = forward which seems to be the root of Evil. When I have that setup, I can't use any key to go backwards and I get stuck on ropes. I have to remap Forward to another key and then map it back.

please fix!!

clublinker
11-23-2014, 04:35 PM
i have sameproblem

NumberRn86
11-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Any news on a fix for this?

Nazutin
12-24-2014, 01:38 AM
HI, I have installed the PC game and downloaded the Day 1 patch. On starting the game and progressing to the first tower, I have come to where someone throws a rope down for me to climb. I grabbed the rope but I can't climb the rope, I can't get off the rope, nothing. The only keys that work now are A and D to swing sideways.
How do I either climb the rope or get off the rope?
I have tried every key and reset key functions in options but nothing works, I am stuck hanging on this rope.
I would appreciate some assistance thanks as just playing to get to the rope seems a little short changed.

Oh and while I'm here the S key to walk backwards doesn't work either even though it is allocated correctly in the options

Thanks

no matter what i try. result is still the same. NOTHING. No matter how i bind my keys or reset to def.
I wish they would actually release a working game sometimes :/

Jesse-Lacey
01-10-2015, 04:43 AM
So I just started playing tonight, ran into this issue playing on PC with keyboard I don't own a gamepad. Reset the controls nothing was working, I almost quit the game and decided to see what it took for a refund. Something I've only ever done once or twice. So finally I was like what could this be, I ended up unplugging my X55 Joystick and viola everything works perfectly. It's annoying because I play a lot of flying games, but it seems it's needed to play Far Cry 4.

Jesse-Lacey
01-10-2015, 05:19 AM
Oh it also fixed an issue where after searchin, skinning, and sometimes randomly it would sight in and it would hold there. Which was strange because the game doesn't even have a button to click for scope, you always have to hold it. So I would search and the sights would come up and I'd have to right click for it to go down, but once I unplugged my joystick everything is working great and now I'm actually starting to enjoy the game. Just did the wolf mission, about to hit the radio tower, then I plan to do some hunting so I can increase my bag space and weapons.

WID992007
01-10-2015, 06:51 AM
what its doing is diverting to the first thing it detects in joy.cpl and tries to use that ..so if you have a controller plugged in or perhaps old drivers from an old controller listed in there that are auto starting with windows start up ...... the game does what it should .. tries to use the first thing it detects under joy.cpl

problem is that does not work as the controller would need to be configured for the game ..and i dont know how well FC4 Deals with re -binding different keys .. i only changed 2 .. set mouse button 4 to reload my gun and mouse button 5 to heal

Jesse-Lacey
01-10-2015, 10:31 PM
That's funny, I have a G500S which has 2 buttons plus a modifier, and I used Mouse 4 for melee, and Mouse 5 for healing.