PDA

View Full Version : Can't Start Story Mode

kiiril
11-18-2014, 06:58 AM
Every time I try and play the game, I keep getting a "Game data is corrupt. Exit the game and then restart after deleting Far Cry 3 game data" I haven't even played FC3 on this PS3, so I shouldn't even be getting this error. Should I just try and re-download the game, or what?

mtrep
11-18-2014, 07:06 AM
I had the same issue. Deleted Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 game data off my PS3, still didn't work.

kiiril
11-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Guess we gotta wait for a patch that fixes it. :/

boydwhittaker
11-18-2014, 07:28 AM
I am trying deleting the whole thing and redownloading the file from my transaction management instead of Playstation Network . This has happened to me before when X-COM came out and it worked . Somehow if you got it directly on PS Store the file was bad but if you got it from you trans management it worked .

lh_bandit
11-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Seeing the same message. I went ahead and deleted everything FC3 related on my PS3 and still the same message appears. What a major fail and a major waste of time. I even chatted with PSN tech support who had me reboot is safe mode and rebuild the data. Still nothing. Here is the transcript from the chat:

Kevin: Hello, My name is Kevin how may I assist you today?
You: I have downloaded Far Cry 4 to my PS3 and I am able to start it up but it gets to a screen that says game data is corrupt and I need to delete my Far Cry 3 game data
You: I did that and I am still receiving the same message
Kevin: I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
Kevin: I will just need to verify some information, can you please provide me your online ID (nickname) and sign in ID (Email address)?
You: lxxxxxxx
You: and mrxxxxxxxxxx
Kevin: Thank you.
Kevin: Do you have the PS3 with you?
You: yes
Kevin: Is it on or off?
You: it is on
Kevin: Please turn it off.
Kevin: Once the PS3 is off, press and hold the power button, immediately you will hear the first beep, around 7 seconds later you will hear a second beep, and another 7 seconds you will hear the third beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button".
You: okits now off
You: ok done
Kevin: Can you see some options on the screen?
Kevin: Select rebuild database option.
Kevin: After it is done if the issue persists I will ask you to please access to the game later since we've been having psn maintenance, there are still some issues.
You: is this a network issue or game issue?
Kevin: The 2 things.
Kevin: It is an issue with the servers.
You: is this a common problem right now with Far Cry 4?
Kevin: It is a general issue with PSN.
You: my other games are working that I downloaded
Kevin: As I mentioned there are still some issues. If it doesn't work please try later.
Kevin: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: Yeah how much later?
Kevin: During the day.
You: ok so I should have just bought a hard copy of the game
Kevin: Thank you for contacting us. Have a great day!
You: instead of wasting my time

Not cool bro!

kiiril
11-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Seeing the same message. I went ahead and deleted everything FC3 related on my PS3 and still the same message appears. What a major fail and a major waste of time. I even chatted with PSN tech support who had me reboot is safe mode and rebuild the data. Still nothing. Here is the transcript from the chat:

Kevin: Hello, My name is Kevin how may I assist you today?
You: I have downloaded Far Cry 4 to my PS3 and I am able to start it up but it gets to a screen that says game data is corrupt and I need to delete my Far Cry 3 game data
You: I did that and I am still receiving the same message
Kevin: I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
Kevin: I will just need to verify some information, can you please provide me your online ID (nickname) and sign in ID (Email address)?
You: lxxxxxxx
You: and mrxxxxxxxxxx
Kevin: Thank you.
Kevin: Do you have the PS3 with you?
Kevin: Is it on or off?
You: it is on
Kevin: Please turn it off.
Kevin: Once the PS3 is off, press and hold the power button, immediately you will hear the first beep, around 7 seconds later you will hear a second beep, and another 7 seconds you will hear the third beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button".
You: okits now off
Kevin: Can you see some options on the screen?
Kevin: Select rebuild database option.
Kevin: After it is done if the issue persists I will ask you to please access to the game later since we've been having psn maintenance, there are still some issues.
You: is this a network issue or game issue?
Kevin: The 2 things.
Kevin: It is an issue with the servers.
You: my other games are working that I downloaded
Kevin: As I mentioned there are still some issues. If it doesn't work please try later.
Kevin: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: Yeah how much later?
Kevin: During the day.
You: ok so I should have just bought a hard copy of the game
Kevin: Thank you for contacting us. Have a great day!
You: instead of wasting my time

Not cool bro!

General issue with PSN? Are you serious, Kevin?! You're a dummy.

bearedferret
11-18-2014, 03:08 PM
experiencing this same issue. i preloaded on my ps3. i deleted all far cry 3 data including blood dragon. i redownload and reinstalled three different times. did a system restore on my ps3 and deleted everything off of it. game still doesn't work... totally unacceptable.