PDA

View Full Version : No more picking up bodies. No more thunder/lightning. No more fists.

Shaftex
11-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Assassin's Creed Unity has a ridiculously large amount of issues as is.
But to add on to that, I will never understand why Ubisoft didn't include old key features that have been in the series since the beginning.
It takes away from gameplay...

Here is a list of features that have been in previous AC instalments that are not even present in Unity:

- Fighting with fists. (I loved the fighting system using fists, particularly assassinating extra silently to add to the stealth!)

- Showing off the hidden blades. (Walking around & holding down the attack key to epicly display the hidden blades. Also fighting with them is no more.)

- Picking up bodies. (This is something that I don't understand. Why would you want to leave bodies laying around to get yourself caught??? Hiding them in haystacks was great..)

- Disarming enemies. (Good lord what has gaming come to when a key feature like this no longer exists in the "next-gen" era...)

- Thunder/Lightning. (WHY would you take out something that adds to the immersion of the game? The rain is nice yipptee doo... But why the heck is there no thunder or lightning??)

- Parachutes. (This is a video game, is it not?) I WANNA FLYYYYY THROUGH PARIS!

- Underwater exploration (At least just a little bit.) Just because this isn't the Caribbean, doesn't mean Paris is a desert. There is water. Where there is water you can swim, & where you can swim you can dive underwater ya?

- Day/Night Cycle. Is it just me? Or is the day/night time cycle kind of off? Sometimes I wonder if it's night so I look in the dark sky but I still see the sun?

- Whistling. (Ubisoft must have not used this feature because it takes up too much resources. ./end sarcasm)

- Horses & other animals. Horses I can live without, but I'm sure other people might have wanted to see them. I'm not sure about hunting though.

If there are any other features that are not present in Unity, post them down below.

AND A MESSAGE TO UBISOFT: When you develop a AAA title, make sure you include those awesome features posted above in your future games... It doesn't make sense not to have them & takes away from the game play... I don't need to be a game developer to know this. Unity isn't even complete, you should have delayed it. (It feels like a 70% game).....

AssassinVenice
11-18-2014, 05:19 AM
Assassin's Creed Unity has a ridiculously large amount of issues as is.
But to add on to that, I will never understand why Ubisoft didn't include old key features that have been in the series since the beginning. It takes away from gameplay...

Here is a list of features that have been in previous AC instalments that are not even present in Unity:

- Fighting with fists. (I loved the fighting system using fists, particularly assassinating extra silently to add to the stealth!)

- Showing off the hidden blades. (Walking around and holding down the attack key to epicly display the hidden-blades. Also fighting with them is no more.)

- Picking up bodies. (This is something that I don't understand, why would you want to leave bodies laying around to get yourself caught??? Hiding them in haystacks was great..)

- Disarming enemies. (Good lord what has gaming come to when a key feature like this no longer exists in the "next-gen" era...)

- Thunder/Lightning. (WHY would you take out something that adds to the emmersion of the game? The rain is nice yippty doo... But why the heck is there no thunder or lightning??)

- Parachutes (This is a video game, is it not?) I WANNA FLYYYYY THROUGH PARIS!

- Just because this isn't the Caribbean, doesn't mean Paris is a desert. There is water, & where there is water you can swim, & where you can swim you can dive underwater.

- Is it just me? Or is the day/night time cycle kind of off? Sometimes I wonder if it's night time so I look in the dark sky but I still see the sun. ?????

- Whistling. (Ubisoft must have not used this feature because it takes up too much resources. ./end sarcasm)

- Horses I can live without, but I'm sure other people might have wanted to see them.

If there are any other features that are not present in Unity, post them down below.

And a message to Ubisoft: When you develop a AAA title, make sure you include those awesome features posted above in your future games... It doesn't make sense not to have them & takes away from the gameplay... I don't need to be a game developer to know this. Unity isn't even complete, you should have delayed it. (It feels like a 70% game).....

You pretty much stole my thoughts, or maybe it's just the fact that it is common sense here in the AC community.

AC Unity feels like the GTA IV of the Grand Theft Auto series. Stripped down to the very core elements in order to give some room to graphical advancements.

It would be awesome if the next Assassin's Creed game brought those feature back. Victorian England, Japan, or back to Medieval times would be my top 3 choices for a setting.

similarly
11-18-2014, 05:39 AM
I realize that because the console gamepad has a finite number of buttons, one must necessarily sacrifice certain features in order to add other features, however, couldn't we reward PC players by allowing them to have ALL the features?

RazorHair
11-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Yeah all these features SHOULD have been included... man it would have been so epic to have a game with all the updates and coolness of the things that worked with the older creed games... but they kinda jacked this one up..when will we see another really great assassin game???????

Shaftex
11-18-2014, 05:45 AM
I realize that because the console gamepad has a finite number of buttons, one must necessarily sacrifice certain features in order to add other features, however, couldn't we reward PC players by allowing them to have ALL the features?

The features which I posted above don't even need extra buttons...

Xazur
11-18-2014, 06:10 AM
I kind of get why they removed certain things because of the tactical aspect when doing co-op and having stuff unlock via abilities. But yeh, removing some things that people have gotten used to in a AC game kind of sucks.