PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem with A7N8X/SoundStorm

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
I've got an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo with integrated SoundStorm sound. POP does NOT work properly with this setup. When playing, most of the sound channels cannot be heard. Are there any work-arounds for this? I tried changing from 4 speakers to 2 and disabling all hardware acceleration, but it doesn't work. I've got all the latest drivers and bios as well.

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
I've got an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo with integrated SoundStorm sound. POP does NOT work properly with this setup. When playing, most of the sound channels cannot be heard. Are there any work-arounds for this? I tried changing from 4 speakers to 2 and disabling all hardware acceleration, but it doesn't work. I've got all the latest drivers and bios as well.

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Hi!

I had the same issues with my both Epox 8RDA+ Systems and the latest NV 3.13 Drivers. (though the readme recommends them) A workaround was not to use Hardware accelerated sound (disable it in ingame menu).. the drawback: No hardware Sound - no EAX - no special effects (reverb etc) /i/smilies/16x16_robot-sad.gif

Now I installed the (beta) 3.75 sound drivers (you can find them here: www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108214 (http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108214) (sorry, no html tags allowed here /i/smilies/16x16_robot-sad.gif )-the first post there has 2 links at the end)) and now I can use hardware Sound with EAX without heaving these sound errors. (at least I checked it with 3 ingame sequences (for example meeting Farah in the Hallway) where I had noticed these sound errors before (only music was played.. no vocals etc) - I installed them only 1 hour ago.

So just give them a try and see if it helps.

btw if you dont know how to install them, you can unpack both archives (3.13 drivers and the 3.75) and copy the "AudioDrv" and "AudioUtl" folders from the 3,75 to the 3.13, replacing the folders from 3.13.. then install the complet driver package.

OR (thats how I done it).. unpack the 3.75, go to Control Panel-Hardware Manager-Audio/Video/Gamecontroller, right klick on both the NVidia Items and update the drivers manually.. after that right klick on the "nvautlml.inf" from the "AudioUtl" driver and choose "install".

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info! I suspected it was a bug in the sound drivers. It seems there's been bugs since day one! While I don't care for the idea of installing beta drivers, I may do so if I get desperate enough. Disabling hardware acceleration didn't seem to help much in my case. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to reply!