PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS]Main storyline is going nowhere...

IDJ_PunkI
11-18-2014, 01:13 AM
So let me get this straight...

AC1: Introduced to Desmond and Abstergo, trippy ending with the glyphs on the wall left behind by subject 16

AC2: Desmond escapes Abstergo and meets up with the common day assassins, end of the world storyline is set up

ACB: Desmond goes to the temple to locate the other temples, Juno introduced, and crazy ending with Desmond being forced to stab Lucy

ACR: Desmond's unconscious and meets up with subject 16 who helps him wake up and they arrive at the coordinates discovered in the Brotherhood dlc

AC3: Desmond dies, Juno is released and seeks revenge on humans

AC4: Introduction of sages (reincarnation of Juno's former lover) and new storyline introduced with Abstergo employee helping out Shaun and Rebecca, Juno's whereabouts discovered

ACU: Tracking the whereabouts of a sage's body from the past to stop Templars from getting it and realize they won't come after it in the catacombs anyways...
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

So basically this game could have not happened and nothing would have changed. Did I miss something here? They made the initiate go through all that to find a sage's body from the past and just came to the conclusion that the Templars won't come after it because it's decayed and useless in the catacombs? Lamest...ending...ever. This has to be the first time that I'm not excited for the next Assassin's Creed game. At least Black flag kind of got me psyched on what would happen next since we discovered Juno was trapped in the Abstergo supercomputer. They could have teased something or gave us a hint on when Juno will emerge , but they gave us a totally pointless plot that ended with no purpose. Ubisoft, I am disappoint.

dxsxhxcx
11-18-2014, 01:20 AM
the sooner you start to ignore it (the Modern Days) the better, because it won't get better than this...

and you should use the spoiler tag to hide the spoilers about ACU:

[SPOILER] ACU's spoilers [/SPOILER*]

just remove the * from the tag above

PedroAntonio2
11-18-2014, 01:26 AM
No, it needs to get better. The modern day parts is why we visit the Animus, the conspirancy and mistery was all around the modern day...they can't just ignore it because of the casual gamers who don't give a cr#p about the storyline and think they have the right to judge a plot they don't even know because they are new fans and what makes me angry is Ubisoft listening to then.

I mean, seriously...Metal Gear Solid is complex as sh#t and even so, did Kojima ever heard the casuals who didn't understand the plot ? He made the games simpler for them ? No, and Ubisoft should do the same, please the fans and not the new people...create a new modern day protagonist, the story has so much potential and they waste tons of good characters like Erudito, Consus, Otso Berg, Daniel Cross, the Initiates, Aita, Laetitia England, Alan Rikkin, etc...I hate seen these names only mentioned at database or audio files in ACIV and AC Rogue, I want them to appear, to talk and I want a protagonist to talk with them, to have a mind of his own, I don't want '' Me'' as the main character.

SpiritMuse
11-18-2014, 02:34 AM
I totally agree. This was probably the lamest MD storyline yet, and this is coming from someone who loves the MD. It really does feel like Ubi is continuing to fail to grow a spine and caving to the naysayers. Didn't they say as much in BF? "Oh, don't worry, the modern day won't be too intrusive".

No. Don't make it "not intrusive". Make it GOOD.

IDJ_PunkI
11-18-2014, 09:36 PM
It was so pointless. The main character could have been doing something else completely and nothing would have changed. Did the ending even imply that the assassins were going after the sage's body in the next game? Because I just took the ending as, "Oh, his body is useless. Thanks for finding it though." Lol

JustPlainQuirky
11-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Next gen starts [here]

*sings*

Welcome to the new age, to the new age.

Welcome to the new age, to the new age.

Namikaze_17
11-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Just make three games about Bishop... :p

MD = Saved. XD

Cactiii
11-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I personally have never particularly cared for the modern day setting because it always felt like an annoying side story. Black Flag, with the sage, made it at least someone interesting at the very end, and AC3 actually engaged me a bit (mostly because they had actually interesting gameplay segments instead of the usual "we're pulling you out of the animus to interrupt the fun bits for a while." Unity's was certainly lackluster though, I wish they had invested some time in making it at least a bit interesting. They pretty much took the barebones of AC4- "we're assassins and we're recruiting you, Gordon Freeman, to be our b****es for a little while Thanks!" without any engagement. Still, at least the story didn't interrupt the main focus of the game.

I do have to disagree with anyone saying that the modern storyline is complex, though. "There have been two secret factions warring since the beginning of time, when these super proto-humans existed. These proto-people left a bunch of insanely high tech stuff which was used by every major figure in history to become how they are. Now you, Desmond, must find a secret bunker of these proto-people in order to save the world from another extinction event! However, once you do, activating it will save the world, but release this one evil proto-genie lady into the world. Your choice."

JustPlainQuirky
11-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Bishop was uninteresting IMO

She's about as 'investing' as Melanie.

And at least Melanie got gradual development.

DumbGamerTag94
11-18-2014, 11:19 PM

Did everyone on here not catch on to the fact that "Bishop" and "Deacon" are Rebecca and Shaun???? Literally "Deacon" has a British Accent and all of his database stuff is sarcastic as usual and in one he even mentions something about "Just as everyone who visits Hastings should think of me" a very in your face reference to his real name.

And I know what you're gonna say "she looks and sounds nothing like Rebecca". And to that I say. Well none of the Rebecca's from any of the games look anything like the one in the game previous. Idk if they expect us to think she gets plastic surgery or shape shifts or something. But who knows really. If I tried to make the MD make any sense my head would explode. Consistency and continuity aren't a thing in that story arc.

But anyway that's just a little tidbit for those of you who didn't notice.

Namikaze_17
11-18-2014, 11:29 PM

Oh, I agree.

They're both equally boring really...I just joke around about Bishop.

Or am I? :rolleyes:

@Bmark

You'd think if they made Rebecca so unrecognizable, they couldn't do the same for Shaun's voice. :rolleyes:

Personally I think they were better off not having him talk...would've been more mysterious.

cawatrooper9
11-19-2014, 12:24 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that Deacon is Shaun... but I'm not sold that Bishop is Rebecca.

Anyway, I was also kind of disappointed in ACU's MD storyline- but I'd urge you to check out Rogue, if you haven't already. It's a nice little continuation of the ACIV plot, and it actually has some interesting progression.

taovegalord
11-19-2014, 12:30 AM
They might have sent Rebecca elsewhere and she might be doing the same thing in a future game Shane does in this game