PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Is Arno an Assassin?

thecodeman715
11-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Arno was excommunicated from the Order, but after the game, everything goes back to normal and Arno even has a monolog what the Creed really means. Can someone clear things up?

DanPenfold
11-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Most people haven't finished. But it could be just a dream he is having.

D.I.D.
11-18-2014, 01:10 AM
They said he's now ranked as Tainted. I don't know what that means, but I guess it's supposed to be a workaround for the fact that you continue playing when these games are over: maybe something like Altair in AC1?

I guess he's out of the Paris Order, but not necessarily out of the wider organisation.

SpiritMuse
11-18-2014, 01:13 AM
I've reached the ending, and I'm confused about this too. I was expecting there to be something about Arno's return to the Assassins but nothing. The end to the MD story is somewhat disappointing too, it's just a voice over during the credits, I was expecting at least one more video or something. Don't get me wrong, I think the story itself is fine, it's just the endings are short and lacking in proper closure.

DanPenfold
11-18-2014, 01:19 AM
I've reached the ending, and I'm confused about this too. I was expecting there to be something about Arno's return to the Assassins but nothing. The end to the MD story is somewhat disappointing too, it's just a voice over during the credits, I was expecting at least one more video or something. Don't get me wrong, I think the story itself is fine, it's just the endings are short and lacking in proper closure.

It could be the start of the next game, With Arno. As a tainted assassin. Who knows.

SpiritMuse
11-18-2014, 01:21 AM
It actually makes the post endgame world feel very empty, as I'm now running around with no connections to anything or anyone in Paris.

Hood2theBurbs
11-18-2014, 01:41 AM
I get the feeling this gap will be filled with the Dead Kings DLC

RinoTheBouncer
11-18-2014, 01:50 AM
Actually, I’ve wondered about that myself and loved that part of it, even though I personally HATED the ending with passion.

Elise’s death was totally unnecessary and it was probably just forced on the story to avoid making DLC for Elise or endure all the begging from the fans for a sequel or ‘closure’. It was so cliche because when they Elise and Arno were flying in that balloon, Elise said something about how the new, which is different with the past shouldn’t be an end, but rather a continuation, in response to Arno asking her about if things can go back the way they were before (obviously hinting their relationship status) and it was amazing, the whole game was up until the ending. It totally ruined the experience for me, because Arno wasn’t so Assassin-y and she wasn’t so Templar-y. They were realistic characters, looking to fix the world rather than fight one another, and uniting for the greater good.

There was never any conflict of interests between them, so the game didn’t really need to eliminate one of them. I keep imagining how perfect the ending would’ve been had they both lived and had a shot at a life of unity where they set so many things right, which neither of their factions could accomplish and set an example for a true unity.

I was also highly disappointed by the total lack of First Civ. sites and the TERRIBLE modern day ending which was basically like “Oh the body of the Sage (which didn’t server any purpose for being a sage) is rotten and we can’t make use of him. We’ll contact you when/if we need you”. Seriously?! and people say the “it was all a dream/hallucination” type of endings is bad... yeah right.

I did like the ambiguity about Arno’s fate. I kept thinking “is he an Assassin now? did he return to them? whom is he fighting for? Elise and his journey of redemption are over now. So who is Arno fighting with and what is he fighting for?”. But I did love the sensation of it. It’s like playing ACIV in reverse. Seeing him turn from an Assassin to fighter, with no clear aims so far. He was seen alongside Napoleon, hinting some sort of alliance with him and Napoleon was neither an Assassin nor a Templar, yet we were told in ACII that he had the Apple of Eden at some point, so he does know about it’s powers and probably the First Civ. as well which makes me ask “Why did he allow Arno to own the Sword of Eden?”.

I think, or better say “hope” that all this will be explained in the upcoming Dead Kings DLC. He’s shown stepping on a hat in the artwork, and it’s called “Dead Kings” and there’s a faction called “Raiders” and Arno seems a bit older and his motives and goals aren’t really clear. So whatever he’s doing in Saint Denis, and whoever these dead kings are and what they add to the story is unclear and neither is what faction is Arno fighting with. I wonder if it will end with Napoleon killing Arno and stealing the Sword of Eden or perhaps start with the Sword of Eden being stolen from him.

There’s a part where Napoleon and Arno first meet, theres’ this glow in the box that Napoleon opens which hints that this is the Apple of Eden or some P.O.E., so I don’t know. He could’ve lost it and tasked Arno to retrieve or perhaps something totally different.

Namikaze_17
11-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Actually, I’ve wondered about that myself and loved that part of it, even though I personally HATED the ending with passion.

Elise’s death was totally unnecessary and it was probably just forced on the story to avoid making DLC for Elise or endure all the begging from the fans for a sequel or ‘closure’. It was so cliche because when they Elise and Arno were flying in that balloon, Elise said something about how the new, which is different with the past shouldn’t be an end, but rather a continuation, in response to Arno asking her about if things can go back the way they were before (obviously hinting their relationship status) and it was amazing, the whole game was up until the ending. It totally ruined the experience for me, because Arno wasn’t so Assassin-y and she wasn’t so Templar-y. They were realistic characters, looking to fix the world rather than fight one another, and uniting for the greater good.

There was never any conflict of interests between them, so the game didn’t really need to eliminate one of them. I keep imagining how perfect the ending would’ve been had they both lived and had a shot at a life of unity where they set so many things right, which neither of their factions could accomplish and set an example for a true unity.

I was also highly disappointed by the total lack of First Civ. sites and the TERRIBLE modern day ending which was basically like “Oh the body of the Sage (which didn’t server any purpose for being a sage) is rotten and we can’t make use of him. We’ll contact you when/if we need you”. Seriously?! and people say the “it was all a dream/hallucination” type of endings is bad... yeah right.

I did like the ambiguity about Arno’s fate. I kept thinking “is he an Assassin now? did he return to them? whom is he fighting for? Elise and his journey of redemption are over now. So who is Arno fighting with and what is he fighting for?”. But I did love the sensation of it. It’s like playing ACIV in reverse. Seeing him turn from an Assassin to fighter, with no clear aims so far. He was seen alongside Napoleon, hinting some sort of alliance with him and Napoleon was neither an Assassin nor a Templar, yet we were told in ACII that he had the Apple of Eden at some point, so he does know about it’s powers and probably the First Civ. as well which makes me ask “Why did he allow Arno to own the Sword of Eden?”.

I think, or better say “hope” that all this will be explained in the upcoming Dead Kings DLC. He’s shown stepping on a hat in the artwork, and it’s called “Dead Kings” and there’s a faction called “Raiders” and Arno seems a bit older and his motives and goals aren’t really clear. So whatever he’s doing in Saint Denis, and whoever these dead kings are and what they add to the story is unclear and neither is what faction is Arno fighting with. I wonder if it will end with Napoleon killing Arno and stealing the Sword of Eden or perhaps start with the Sword of Eden being stolen from him.

There’s a part where Napoleon and Arno first meet, theres’ this glow in the box that Napoleon opens which hints that this is the Apple of Eden or some P.O.E., so I don’t know. He could’ve lost it and tasked Arno to retrieve or perhaps something totally different.

I thought about this too...maybe Dead Kings will explain it.

ltheghost
11-18-2014, 01:57 AM
I don't want to be negative about the ending...but it was empty that I think they are going to have to patch the real ending into the game. Literally...nothing happened. It was very abrupt and I'm still thinking there is going to be another mission or story.

Hood2theBurbs
11-18-2014, 02:12 AM
Well in the promotional image of Dead Kings Arno looks all rough and unkempt, which leads me to believe he is dealing with some kind of personal issues. And we all know the only thing that would be.

ace3001
11-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Considering he's given a Master Assassin outfit at the end, he's very clearly not kicked out or "tainted" or whatever by the time the game ends. Which means something must happen during the time-skip.
Let's see if Dead Kings explains this.

souNdwAve89
11-18-2014, 03:15 AM
I haven't played a lot of the side missions, but someone on this forum and Reddit stated that a lot of the side missions dealing with the Assassins heavily implies Arno being allowed back into the Assassin Order.

Journey93
11-18-2014, 03:28 AM
lazy storytelling nothing more

ChargedMopar91
11-18-2014, 03:40 AM
I felt the same way when the story ended. I just sat there thinking, thats it? I ran back to the assassins hq hoping there would be a final scene or something, but nope. Really wished they had explained it in a bit more detail. I'm hoping that the next assassins or any DLC will continue on the story though. They could do so many things by the way it ended.

cawatrooper9
11-18-2014, 03:44 AM
I get the feeling this gap will be filled with the Dead Kings DLC

Yeah, I thought that too, unfortunately. I mean, I was going to get it eventually anyway, to sate my midsummer's AC urges, but I wish that games' plots didn't depend on DLC.