PDA

View Full Version : Refund Possible?

Nocturnal626
11-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Hi All,

I see now that save game progress loss is a common issue among many of us on PC. Every thread has not one answer from ubisoft support and my question to there support through the proper channel has just gone unanswered. Does anyone know if it is possible to refund the cost of the game plus the money spent on in game items or "Hacks" as its called. i bought the delux edition with season pass and then spent 40 on in game cash to help my character through a part i found tough. then i go to log in and all my save progress is gone. Has anyone got a successful refund? I at the least want my 40 back that i spent on in game cash. it was for a character i apparently am not getting back and if the game sits dormant at least its only 80 bucks wasted and not 130. and please don't just reply to troll and talk **** about me wanting a refund. this is a valid request as i did not get what i payed for and i feel like the whole video game industry is just doing this to everyone and we are all just taking it! very sad indeed.:mad:

Anonua
11-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your issues Nocturnal. Unfortunately I haven't heard of any reports of successful refunds. The best I can suggest is reaching out to Customer support. I'd think at the VERY least they'd restore the spent Helix Points to your UPlay account. As far as the money itself I'm not certain.

strigoi1958
11-18-2014, 01:12 AM
I think as soon as you activate and play then that will be considered a final sale, no refund. But I think you should definitely chase up the lost items you purchased because it will cost them nothing to do that... and they might (I don't know) give you some extra points/ items as way of sorry for the inconvenience...

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2014, 01:19 AM
As for issues with saving, I've always just disabled cloud saves and saved locally instead.

That being said though, you won't ever get a response back on threads, and the support is the only way they'll answer you. It can take time to do so, as the game has just launched and they are usually flooded with requests.

Lastly, don't expect to get your save game back either, usually it's not recoverable, but I've seen it happen before... just don't get your hopes up is all.

P0UT1NE
11-18-2014, 01:51 AM
I asked for a refund numerous times while updating my ticket with every issue i had, but they ignored it completely.

They didn't even refuse or discuss the matter they just pretended I never ask for it and carried on telling me how their services are not working as intended.

ReeferManSS420
11-18-2014, 02:05 AM
Hi All,

I see now that save game progress loss is a common issue among many of us on PC. Every thread has not one answer from ubisoft support and my question to there support through the proper channel has just gone unanswered. Does anyone know if it is possible to refund the cost of the game plus the money spent on in game items or "Hacks" as its called. i bought the delux edition with season pass and then spent 40 on in game cash to help my character through a part i found tough. then i go to log in and all my save progress is gone. Has anyone got a successful refund? I at the least want my 40 back that i spent on in game cash. it was for a character i apparently am not getting back and if the game sits dormant at least its only 80 bucks wasted and not 130. and please don't just reply to troll and talk **** about me wanting a refund. this is a valid request as i did not get what i payed for and i feel like the whole video game industry is just doing this to everyone and we are all just taking it! very sad indeed.:mad:

I would much rather have my money back. I can't even get the game to launch. What a pathetic excuse for a company, How The F*** do you release a game that doesn't even launch on a PC. SMH I'll never buy another game from these ******-bags.

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Most of the time, you're referred to the organization you purchased it from, such as Steam or a brick and mortar store like Walmart. If you purchased it from Uplay, there is no refunds at all.

AJRimmsey
11-18-2014, 03:22 AM
said before and got a warning for saying this :

in the Uk you can get a refund if you provide proof its unfit for use,grab some forum screenies of complaints and refund is easy,done it myself a few times [mafia 2 etc]

if its from Uplay you can get it from however you paid,credit card or paypal,also done it this way

other countries i am not sure as they may not have a trading standards agency,they may think people will just bend over,but if you get a refund it eases the pain and sends a message that broken on release is not the way forward.

if you paid 50 for a camera and it was broken you would return it would you not ?