PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst Assassin's Creed game?

EmptyCrustacean
11-17-2014, 10:51 PM
With all the bad publicity Unity is getting I thought it may be interesting to see where it sits amongst the other games.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Unity won't be a bad game, once it works. It will be a bit bland due to their not being many game modes. But once they get the bugs fixed, I think it'll probably be about in the middle of all the AC games in terms of best to worst.

Worst AC game in my book is still AC3.

Namikaze_17
11-17-2014, 11:00 PM
Story-wise.

It's a toss up between ACL or ACU.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-17-2014, 11:08 PM
I don't think Liberation should be included. It wasn't originally intended to be a full console game - it's more like a DLC. I really enjoyed playing as Aveline de Grandprť - a nice change from always playing male characters.

melbye82
11-17-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm gonna cheat and say Altair's Chronicles, i like the games in the poll too much to say itis the worst. Well, except for Unity cause i haven't played it yet

DEADP5YCH0
11-17-2014, 11:15 PM
AC 3 is still the worst for me, one AC game I don't think I could replay

PedroAntonio2
11-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Story-wise : ACB was the worst
Gameplay-Wise : ACI and ACIII.

DanPenfold
11-17-2014, 11:31 PM
I have to say ACU is the best so far of what i have played, But i have to say that ACIII was the worst one they made so far. >.<

Aphex_Tim
11-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Still so much hate for AC3 :(
Come on guys, back me up here! I can't be the only one who thinks Brotherhood was the worst... :p

Namikaze_17
11-17-2014, 11:54 PM
Come on guys, back me up here! I can't be the only one who thinks Brotherhood was the worst... :p

Yeah, Brotherhood is pretty bad...

Don't see all the love for it.

DEADP5YCH0
11-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Yeah brotherhood was pretty bad, but I disliked AC 3 a lot more.

Revelations I thought was pretty good spin off

DanPenfold
11-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Yeah, Brotherhood is pretty bad...

Don't see all the love for it.

I do not as well,.

EmptyCrustacean
11-18-2014, 12:12 AM

I love Brotherhood but I thought AC3 was a good game, not the best but certainly better than Revelations.

ACfan443
11-18-2014, 12:15 AM

Story aside (which I didn't have much of an issue with), it was a fun, polished game with great side content and a fresh, unique multiplayer experience. It's certainly not the best AC game, not by any stretch, but it's far from the worst.

Ygdrasel
11-18-2014, 12:19 AM
AC 1 is by far the worst. Everything's just so clunky and repetitive. The series has never been great with combat (3 was the best for borrowing from Arkham City's system, but Unity appears to have eliminated that) but 1 was truly painful. It really was just essentially a prototype game but still. Altair was awfully dull, though Revelations did much to improve his character.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-18-2014, 12:21 AM

Oh come on! That game was awful. Surely only super-patriotic Americans can possibly like that game. I thought most of it was like being forced to watch episodes of "Liberty's Kids". It was horrific.

As I see it, Brotherhood was far better than AC3, Revelations and even AC1. But hey, you're allowed to dislike it. Some people felt that the brotherhood stuff was overpowered, but I liked sending a bunch of assassin minions to kill my targets.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Story aside (which I didn't have much of an issue with), it was a fun, polished game...

Polished? You don't remember the bugs? It was almost as bad as Unity when it first shipped.

DanPenfold
11-18-2014, 12:25 AM
Story aside (which I didn't have much of an issue with), it was a fun, polished game with great side content and a fresh, unique multiplayer experience. It's certainly not the best AC game, not by any stretch, but it's far from the worst.

There will be a new one to to come soon or at some point i hope.

EmptyCrustacean
11-18-2014, 12:34 AM
Polished? You don't remember the bugs? It was almost as bad as Unity when it first shipped.

No, it wasn't.

DanPenfold
11-18-2014, 12:35 AM
No, it wasn't.

I agree with this comment above.

ze_topazio
11-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Altair's Chronicles.

ACfan443
11-18-2014, 12:43 AM

I don't recall a single bug during my playthrough, well, apart from the horse's reluctance to tread on uneven terrain (the horses in AC were never that good to be fair), and matchmaking/sever issues in multiplayer.

It's always been a very polished game, it's not even in the same league as Unity when it comes to technical issues.

Hood2theBurbs
11-18-2014, 12:47 AM
AC Liberation is by far the worst game it was half baked both game play and plot wise, it being a psp game is not an excuse. I really don't see the hate for AC3,I was disappointed just as much as everybody else when the game came out, I mean I basically took a 2 year break from AC in general because of it, but I decided to give it another chance and honestly the game is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's solid AC game not the best but certainly not the worst either. And Brotherhood ugh "VICTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI!!!!!" need I say more?

Ygdrasel
11-18-2014, 01:01 AM
AC Liberation is by far the worst game it was half baked both game play and plot wise, it being a psp game is not an excuse. I really don't see the hate for AC3,I was disappointed just as much as everybody else when the game came out, I mean I basically took a 2 year break from AC in general because of it, but I decided to give it another chance and honestly the game is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's solid AC game not the best but certainly not the worst either. And Brotherhood ugh "VICTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI!!!!!" need I say more?

My only real issue with AC3 is just that the story was both lame, and entirely too reminiscent of every history class I've ever taken. Why was Connor even fighting again? Why was he randomly getting involved in battles, just because "Oh hey, this happened in history!"...It just got nonsensical over time. The ending part was all kinds of badass though. Lee just looks at him like "Well, damn...Ran you through and you still caught me...Okay, you've earned it, kill me. But gimme a drink first, yeah?" xD

Hood2theBurbs
11-18-2014, 01:09 AM
My only real issue with AC3 is just that the story was both lame, and entirely too reminiscent of every history class I've ever taken. Why was Connor even fighting again? Why was he randomly getting involved in battles, just because "Oh hey, this happened in history!"...It just got nonsensical over time. The ending part was all kinds of badass though. Lee just looks at him like "Well, damn...Ran you through and you still caught me...Okay, you've earned it, kill me. But gimme a drink first, yeah?" xD

Not liking AC3's story is really a matter of taste and that's fine. I personally really liked AC3's story, but you're right about them shoehorning Connor into too many events, and due to this the mission design of the game suffered. But on the opposite note look at ACU where in my opinion Arno isn't involved enough with French Revolution which make the story for that game suffer so really what Ubi needs to do is find a happy medium between there story telling and their use of historical events.

Fatal-Feit
11-18-2014, 01:13 AM

Nah, Brotherhood is the worse for me, as well.

Anyway, you people must be high, Unity is amazing.

Namikaze_17
11-18-2014, 01:19 AM

On a gameplay standpoint...

Story/Characters? >__>

rrebe
11-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Nah, Brotherhood is the worse for me, as well.

Yea same here, not very impressed with Brotherhood, but to me AC Liberation (HD) is the worst one. The story just didn't seem that interesting and it's was a bit buggy.

DanPenfold
11-18-2014, 01:23 AM

Story/Characters? >__>

The story and characters are just fine, there's nothing that wrong or bad about them.

RinoTheBouncer
11-18-2014, 01:30 AM
There’s no “worst” for me, just the least favorite which is AC:Liberation.
I love all of them. There are some that disappointed me with their endings (AC:U and ACIII) or with a certain lack of modern day contents contents (AC:U, AC:L and ACIV).

To me, the Ezio trilogy is the best thing that happened to AC, closely followed by ACI and ACIII. I hated the ending of ACIII and AC:U because they destroyed what could’ve been a phenomenal conclusion for two wonderful games. That’s what basically boils my guts about those two games. AC:Ro was amazing, but I had hoped that it was a bit longer and wished that the MD had just a single appearance of Juno, which sadly didn’t happen. ACIV was amazing on it’s own, but it was such too calm and slow of a follow up for a massive event like the ending of ACIII.

AC:L was ok, but I just can’t put it above any other of the games. To me, nothing can be on top of the Ezio Trilogy, but that doesn’t mean it’s terrible or bad, it’s just didn’t hit the nerves that Ezio’s trilogy did for me.

Fatal-Feit
11-18-2014, 01:34 AM

Story/Characters? >__>

When I complete the game, we will sit down and have a long, long discussion until one of us finally submits.

And I mean, Unity's story is definitely a step back, I won't disagree, but I still think it outmatches plenty of the previous titles. It hasn't been anything worth actively hating, so far. :p

Namikaze_17
11-18-2014, 01:35 AM
The story and characters are just fine, there's nothing that wrong or bad about them.

I...disagree.

When I complete the game, we will sit down and have a long, long discussion until one of us finally submits.

And I mean, Unity's story is definitely a step back, I won't disagree, but I still think it outmatches plenty of the previous titles. It hasn't been anything worth actively hating, so far. :p

Deal. I can't wait.. :cool:

DanPenfold
11-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Thereís no ďworstĒ for me, just the least favorite which is AC:Liberation.
I love all of them. There are some that disappointed me with their endings (AC:U and ACIII) or with a certain lack of modern day contents contents (AC:U, AC:L and ACIV).

To me, the Ezio trilogy is the best thing that happened to AC, closely followed by ACI and ACIII. I hated the ending of ACIII and AC:U because they destroyed what couldíve been a phenomenal conclusion for two wonderful games. Thatís what basically boils my guts about those two games. AC:Ro was amazing, but I had hoped that it was a bit longer and wished that the MD had just a single appearance of Juno, which sadly didnít happen. ACIV was amazing on itís own, but it was such too calm and slow of a follow up for a massive event like the ending of ACIII.

AC:L was ok, but I just canít put it above any other of the games. To me, nothing can be on top of the Ezio Trilogy, but that doesnít mean itís terrible or bad, itís just didnít hit the nerves that Ezioís trilogy did for me.

No but the combat in them games isn't as good as it is now if you get what i'm trying to say.

DanPenfold
11-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Namikze17 I...disagree.

Why do disagree with that?

Namikaze_17
11-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Namikze17 I...disagree.

Why do disagree with that?

PM me if you want to know.

We can discuss there.

RinoTheBouncer
11-18-2014, 01:54 AM
No but the combat in them games isn't as good as it is now if you get what i'm trying to say.

I personally enjoyed both being a one man army and a stealthy assassin. To me, Ezio and the modern day story and the cliffhangers and the rich story-telling and first civ. appearances and conspiracies totally eclipsed over any negative thing in the games. That’s why I love Ezio’s trilogy the most even though some see it as flawed in terms of gameplay and same goes for ACIII which I loved for it’s story (except for the modern day ending).

SixKeys
11-18-2014, 02:32 AM
AC3, by far. Even Liberation was better.

Assassin_M
11-18-2014, 03:05 AM
Toss between AC II and ACB but for spite, i'll vote AC II. AC II sucks. Bloodlines was better.

steveeire
11-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 is easily the worst.

DevilGearKombat
11-18-2014, 12:36 PM
It's a toss up between Liberation and Unity, actually - though I genuinely enjoyed Liberation more than Unity.

Namikaze_17
11-18-2014, 02:01 PM
It's a toss up between Liberation and Unity, actually - though I genuinely enjoyed Liberation more than Unity.

You...are my new best friend. :cool:

cawatrooper9
11-18-2014, 02:29 PM
I have so much respect for the first AC game, and still enjoy playing it, but it simply does not hold up to the more recent releases.

npatten
11-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Interesting poll but I won"t be able to vote yet because I haven't played all the games. I've stopped at Assassin's creed 4 Black Flag which I would say is the very best of all.

Is there a worst game? I can't call any of them "worst", but I can say, despite the impressive work behind Assassin's creed 3, this is one AC game that I haven't been able to complete because of one obstacle, one episode where Connor rides his horse to catch some bad guys....I haven't been able to complete that one and I had to watch the video online to know what happened in the end of the game...which is really not nice...First time in my whole experience of AC games where I got stuck to the point of giving up....

GunnerGalactico
11-18-2014, 06:00 PM
I dislike Bloodlines and Liberation.

ShadoeKat
11-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Interesting so far that AC1, for all of the people saying they love it... it's nearly the same as Unity in the worse games of AC. I do like basically all other AC games with AC1 being the worse for me, it was too repetitive and not worth a second play. JMHO