PDA

View Full Version : How To Recover Save File??

Wolfmeister1010
11-17-2014, 10:09 PM
I really need help! I am on PC and I opened the Uplay game launcher to play Ac Unity. It said that my local save was out of synch with my cloud save, so I tried to access the cloud save and it loaded the game and it started me back at sequence 3 when I had already before played to the end of the campaign. hours of gamely has been lost. But I think I found the old save file in my play backup folder. I tried dragging it over the AC Unity folder but I can't get the save to show up when I boot the game up again. I am a complete computer idiot so I was wondering if you could help me?!!
I need to know how to modify this file so it gets accessed in the game. Do I drag it to the play file, or the AC Unity folder..or..?

Some of the Ubisoft live chat support people told me to disable cloud synching in the Uplay client and then start the game but when I did, it still said that it would continue at Sequence 3. I have the save file I believe is the one that was correct on my desktop, but I need to know how to modify it so that the game uses that save file.

Thanks in advance!

dnameless1
11-17-2014, 10:16 PM
I really need help! I am on PC and I opened the Uplay game launcher to play Ac Unity. It said that my local save was out of synch with my cloud save, so I tried to access the cloud save and it loaded the game and it started me back at sequence 3 when I had already before played to the end of the campaign. hours of gamely has been lost. But I think I found the old save file in my play backup folder. I tried dragging it over the AC Unity folder but I can't get the save to show up when I boot the game up again. I am a complete computer idiot so I was wondering if you could help me?!!
I need to know how to modify this file so it gets accessed in the game. Do I drag it to the play file, or the AC Unity folder..or..?

Some of the Ubisoft live chat support people told me to disable cloud synching in the Uplay client and then start the game but when I did, it still said that it would continue at Sequence 3. I have the save file I believe is the one that was correct on my desktop, but I need to know how to modify it so that the game uses that save file.

Thanks in advance!

This will not help you now, but I just finished typing a huge wall of text in another similar thread and I won't be doing that again, my reply there might only help for future cases.
So, just to be clear, this might only help you in the future:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/952640-I-Lost-My-Save-Today!!!!!!!-Help!!!!!!!!?p=10349791&viewfull=1#post10349791

Best of luck.

dnameless1
11-17-2014, 10:21 PM
This will not help you now, but I just finished typing a huge wall of text in another similar thread and I won't be doing that again, my reply there might only help for future cases.
So, just to be clear, this might only help you in the future:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/952640-I-Lost-My-Save-Today!!!!!!!-Help!!!!!!!!?p=10349791&viewfull=1#post10349791

Best of luck.

Hmm, maybe you are lucky and you can use my help, since you apparently have a backup. You'll have to try I guess. Make backups regardless, and good luck.

jcasell
11-18-2014, 01:08 AM
yep, lost all my progress too, and no word from ubisoft about fixing it

AKM_44rdv4rk
11-18-2014, 03:51 AM
I got hit by that in sequence 7... so far have worked my way back to sequence 4, while manually backing up my save file every hour or so of gameplay.

fool me once...

indianajo883
11-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Happened to me as well. Abandoning Unity until they fix it. Submitted a help ticket and never got a response. Moving along to something new, maybe Inquisition.

jcasell
11-18-2014, 04:34 AM
doing the same thing indiana. gonna beat inquisition while my rage over this issue subsides. i usually play ac games more than once anyway, i just tend to beat them the first time before replaying them...

Tysodie
11-18-2014, 04:51 AM
Had this little scare myself last night but managed to recover my data fairly easily.

1. Disable Uplay cloud save game synchronization.
2. Switch Uplay to offline mode.
3. Navigate to the file directory where your saves are located, will look something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames"
4. There should be 2 files 1.save and 2.save, before deleting anything I copied the files elsewhere just in case. Delete the 2.save file (will be the smallest).
5. Start the game up and your save should be restored.

That fixed my save issue so thankfully I didn't have to restart the whole game again.