PDA

View Full Version : How to progress past elite soldier??

Samwood231
11-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to progress past Elite Soldier, been stuck on Elite soldier for ages, done a ton of missions to try and progress.

JustPlainQuirky
11-17-2014, 06:30 PM
What do the ranks even do?

D.I.D.
11-17-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't know - maybe it involves buying Master equipment, or the completion of a certain number of side missions? I was doing everything all at once, and upgrading a lot, and I've been on Elite Veteran since some time before the end of the story.

I don't think the ranks mean anything at all, except to give you a feeling of progression and a sense that Arno is "better" now than he was 10 missions ago. You certainly feel a bit bolder about jumping into trouble once you get an Elite rating, even if the game itself doesn't treat you any differently.

Localist2012
11-17-2014, 07:35 PM
I think it's bugged. I've been "Legend" since like sequence 1 and it's changed a couple of times but goes straight back to Legend only a short moment later. Also, I think Legend is the highest and the ranks seem to determine nothing.

StoneyThePanda
11-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to progress past Elite Soldier, been stuck on Elite soldier for ages, done a ton of missions to try and progress.

Go to my brotherhood, then look on the menu for your rank and it should show you the amount of xp needed to level up through all like At the highest level legend you need a total of 600,000xp
the diamonds are your actual level factoring in your weapons, skills, and equipment. Like I have all legendary and have completed story mode which gives me 5 solid gold diamonds, it takes a combination of your gear and skills, like if you have all 5 diamond tier armor and weapons it still doesn't give you a 5 diamond rank until you complete sequence 5, but if you have all legendary 5 gold diamond gear you can reach 5 diamond tier before that point.

Samwood231
11-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Ah okay.. yeah it is pretty much that, I'm trying to do everything at once also. Bit annoying that I have to upgrade to other suits to increase the level, as I like Arno's original suit better than the custom ones.

Samwood231
11-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Thanks! :)

JustPlainQuirky
11-17-2014, 07:50 PM
I think it's bugged. I've been "Legend" since like sequence 1 and it's changed a couple of times but goes straight back to Legend only a short moment later. Also, I think Legend is the highest and the ranks seem to determine nothing.

Yeah I'm legend too. But I was legend when I had 4 star things.

boosho
11-18-2014, 03:45 AM
The ranking is based on creed points which you earn when you do certain things like Air Assassinations or quick shots, head shots, these things, as far as i can tell the ranking does nothing to your arno other than just a title.

the diamond rating is how well equipped your weapons are.

and finally your gear (clothes) just affect your abilities (health, stealth, range, melee).

gnosis_guyver1
11-18-2014, 04:19 AM
The rankings should have unlocked techniques and weapons.

My_Treehawk
11-18-2014, 04:24 AM
the ranking is based on creed points which you earn when you do certain things like air assassinations or quick shots, head shots, these things, as far as i can tell the ranking does nothing to your arno other than just a title.

The diamond rating is how well equipped your weapons are.

And finally your gear (clothes) just affect your abilities (health, stealth, range, melee).

This, with the additional note that there are actually two ways to see your Diamond rating - the one at your HUD tag that takes into account both your gear and your skills, and the one that shows up in the villa or when viewing your gear, that measures it based only on the gear you have. To get the five stars (level) on your HUD, you will need to complete assassinations which award the creed points to rank up there as well as have 5 stars worth of gear (even 4 star gear that was upgraded) - you can achieve this before playing chapter 6.