PDA

View Full Version : ACU.exe crash fix

Frektard
11-17-2014, 06:07 PM
If you're having a problem continuing your game or trying to even start your game and get "acu.exe stopped working," what helped me was playing offline. Just go to your UPlay program, go to setting and click on go offline. I don't know why this would be causing acu.exe crash but it worked for me. If that doesn't work than you'd have to contact support who will just tell you to do a clean boot pretty much.

lehoon
11-17-2014, 06:26 PM
I can confirm playing offline fixes ACU from cashing (stopped responding), but a was able to play online about 2 days ago even on patch 1.2.0.
Since Sunday the game crashes in-game and since today the game crashes when loading the map.

Anyone else having the problem or is the save game?

Airsoft_MLG
11-17-2014, 06:31 PM
I have the same problem! During Sunday, I can't play because my game crash. I have to put uPlay offline :/

Frektard
11-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Yeah I don't know what it is but if a dev sees this then maybe they can figure it out easier. My best bet is it has to do with multiplayer but at least I can play through the story now and get money and gear so when I can play multiplayer again I'll be ready.

max123103
11-17-2014, 06:57 PM
I can confirm playing offline fixes ACU from cashing (stopped responding), but a was able to play online about 2 days ago even on patch 1.2.0.
Since Sunday the game crashes in-game and since today the game crashes when loading the map.

Anyone else having the problem or is the save game?

I have had the same problem playing online fine and even on Sunday playing fine till Sunday night i went on and now it dosen't work. Putting uplay offline works thou which is a plus.

Frektard
11-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I was able to play on the 11th fine and then the 12th it started crashing and it wasn't until yesterday the 16th I figured out I could just turn UPlay to offline xD

hister2003
11-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm having problems with the new update, when I tried to start the game ACU.exe stop to work even in offline mode.

Toffi1984
11-17-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm having problems with the new update, when I tried to start the game ACU.exe stop to work even in offline mode.

Same here.

behindtimes
11-17-2014, 07:11 PM

I had a similar issue. Tried offline mode, deleting my save, etc. I finally shut down my PC for 2 hours to let the computer cool off, and when I rebooted, everything started up again. And I don't mean just a restart. Turn off your computer for awhile.

Frektard
11-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Like I said in the OP if turning it to offline it's still not working support suggests a clean boot and if that doesn't work then idk.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

kbbw
11-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Same for me...... and ofcoarse i was smart enough to think that oh when it only happens in Online modus i might as wel reinstal Uplay maybe that fixes it but nooooo

They didn't tell you that that willcompletly uninstall ACU from your PC aswell......

Thank you Ubisoft for producing such a horrible launcher..... please make it more compateble with steam because Valve obviously knows what they are doing regarding game launchers...

madaras
11-17-2014, 08:19 PM
I had a similar issue. Tried offline mode, deleting my save, etc. I finally shut down my PC for 2 hours to let the computer cool off, and when I rebooted, everything started up again. And I don't mean just a restart. Turn off your computer for awhile.

I have the same problem. WTF Ubisoft. I've switched to Offline Mode and the game is not crashing anymore but still... WTF

Wbulot
11-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Same problem here.

Plz Ubi need to play online :(

Smrda94
11-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Well at Sunday night i got problems with crashing also .. still haven't found any fix ...hope Ubi will fix it soon i tried so many solutions that work in past but now dont .. even reinstaled game ...but nothing helped

lehoon
11-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah I don't know what it is but if a dev sees this then maybe they can figure it out easier. My best bet is it has to do with multiplayer but at least I can play through the story now and get money and gear so when I can play multiplayer again I'll be ready.

Yeah same here. At least that's working. Coop and stuff can wait.
Hope they fix it soon without us having to start over completely.

Frektard
11-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Well at Sunday night i got problems with crashing also .. still haven't found any fix ...hope Ubi will fix it soon i tried so many solutions that work in past but now dont .. even reinstaled game ...but nothing helped

Yeah I'm kind of upset their only solution was a clean boot.... I knew it wouldn't help but I did it anyways and I found out on my own all I needed to do was go offline.

madaras
11-18-2014, 09:10 AM
2 days ago I could play online, after 10 tries and crashes. Yesterday I couldn't continue the story connected to uplay(all tries to connect to uplay and click continue game resulted in a crash), but I could play only in offline mode ...

DAIMONDAMPS
11-18-2014, 11:23 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Game start to crash after uplay update:/

zakl
11-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Yesterday i didn't have any problems with online playing. My luncher got updated so i think that should do,
but i need to try it again today :)

BigWillSev
11-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Would be NICE if they would get this problem looked into and fixed. I can't play with UPLAY on, if I do as soon as I log in it stops working and "ACU.exe has stopped working"pops up. it would be nice to collect the chests I've opened IN the companion app and to play with my Brotherhood members. I can ONLY play with UPLAY in OFFLINE mode. Thank god it hasn't effected Farcry 4 or Rogue.

Masaaelkheir
11-18-2014, 09:04 PM
I have the same problem with playing both online and offline in Unity the same crash appear ACU has stopped warking. I just continue my 2 min game save :) and this is all, crash appear as allways. PLS Fix this!!

Frektard
11-19-2014, 08:21 AM
I have the same problem with playing both online and offline in Unity the same crash appear ACU has stopped warking. I just continue my 2 min game save :) and this is all, crash appear as allways. PLS Fix this!!

Curious as to what your computer specs are but others are having this problem as well. Could be a corrupt save file.

DAIMONDAMPS
11-19-2014, 11:49 AM
I think is corrupted save file - when you start game before patch 1 . I didn't have glitch sequence on my firs attempt. Just started from beginning and game works on line.

Smrda94
11-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Yeah I'm kind of upset their only solution was a clean boot.... I knew it wouldn't help but I did it anyways and I found out on my own all I needed to do was go offline.

Yeah i can play in offline mode without any problem .. but its kinda boring i alredy finished game on saturday and wanted to play CO OP ... :3

Masaaelkheir
11-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Curious as to what your computer specs are but others are having this problem as well. Could be a corrupt save file.

CPU - Intel core i5-4570 3,2 GHz
RAN - DDR 8 GB
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2 GB)

Smrda94
11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
CPU - Intel core i5-4570 3,2 GHz
RAN - DDR 8 GB
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2 GB)

idk i play normaly game with fx6300
GTX 970 4gb MSI
8 GB DDR3 ram ....

finished game on ultra high details without single frame drop stucked on 50-60 all the time :3 only this acu.exe stopped working is big problem rly ...i even tried on low details to run the game but nothing it still crashs :(

lehoon
11-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Ok, this is where it get's interesting.
Just backed up my old save (30%) and delete it from the save game directory. Started a new game offline, played until chasing Elise, quit, restarted uplay online, let the cloud save sync with the new offline save, started the game and.........started without crashing.
So it does appear to be the save file, probably the one created on version 1.1.0.
Un*******believable.

jeffies04
11-19-2014, 08:46 PM
I backed up my file and started a new game yesterday. I'm painstakingly having to rebuild up my character back to 4-diamonds like before ugh. It's still online as of now, but we shall see if it starts to crash later on like it did before. This save will have been made by only the current 1.2 version.

Masaaelkheir
11-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I did everything that was mentioned before (clean boot, deleting old saves and so on) but still in Online and Offline mode the game crashes as always in 3% of game play

veovis77
11-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Have Ubisoft made any comment on this issue at all? I know lots of people have had this issue - I raised a ticket for it but have had no support reponse, yet. I know some people have been told to restart from nothing, but for so many people to be having the same problem, they really should be looking at an actual fix :(

jeffies04
11-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Have Ubisoft made any comment on this issue at all? I know lots of people have had this issue - I raised a ticket for it but have had no support reponse, yet. I know some people have been told to restart from nothing, but for so many people to be having the same problem, they really should be looking at an actual fix :(

I submitted a ticket a few days ago... no response from support. They refuse to acknowledge my very respectful comments about it on the live updates feed. It's very suspicious for the moderators to comment on every FPS/etc. complaint on the live feed but to totally ignore someone who comments on the online acu.exe problem.

Are they pretending nothing is wrong because there is no fix coming soon?
Is it a bigger issue they refuse to admit?
Or are they waiting to confirm that patch 3 does indeed fix this issue before commenting? <--- I hope it's this

NightmareGK13
11-20-2014, 12:39 AM
don't know if the issue is related but I can play for two hours straight somedays, and then other days I can't play co-op because of random crashes, really annoying -_-

YazX_
11-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Please try to follow these steps and see if they would fix your issue:

The base step is to make sure you have installed Latest Graphics Drivers from Nvidia/AMD before you proceed, always do clean install for drivers, however if the game is still crashing after installing latest drivers, then try the following:

1. Verify Game Files either from steam or UPlay depends on the version you have. (this is the most common reason for crashing due to corrupted files), to do so:

a. Steam Version: Go to Library, right click on the game and select properties, click on Local Contents tab and press "verify Integrity of Game Cache" button.

b. UPlay version: Click on the game then press the arrow next to "Play" button, select "Verify Game Files"

2. Disable AV/Anti-Spyware as sometimes it conflicts with the game.
3. Go to Startup (open Run--> Msconfig) and uncheck everything there, restart windows afterwards.
4. Close/Disable any OSD/Overclocking/Recording softwares (Fraps, MSI AfterBurner, Gigabyte OC Guru, Shadowplay,....) before launching the game. (this is the second common reason as some programs inject a D3D hook which causes the game to crash like RTSS even in stealth mode)
5. Backup your saves then delete them, they are located here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4043/how-do-i-delete-my-save-file-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000ej5QCAQ

And make sure to turn off "Cloud saves sync" in UPlay settings to prevent the cloud from restoring them.

6. Go to [ACU Installation Folder]\Support folder and install DX and VC++.

7. Make sure you have .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 installed. for 3.5, go to Programs and Features and click on Turn on/off windows features on the left, select .Net Framework 3.5 checkboxes and then press ok, for 4.0, download it from Microsoft website.

8. Backup folder Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity then delete it (this folder contains files for graphics settings and controls mapping).

9. if you have your CPU and/or GPU Overclocked, then disable OC and run them at stock settings.

10. Run the game as Admin, if from steam, exit steam and then run steam as admin.

11. if it didnt work, create a new Administrator account in windows and try to run the game from that account.

NOTE: Make sure that your primary GPU is the discrete one not the iGPU aka Intel HD, this is especially for laptops.

If none worked, try reinstalling UPlay (download it from uplay.ubi.com and scroll to the end of the page), but before that make a back up of your saves, they are located here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4043/how-do-i-delete-my-save-file-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000ej5QCAQ

if it didnt work, try moving the game to a different drive (UPlay Version only NOT STEAM), to do so:

1. Go to UPlay settings (wheel icon next to minimize button) and set the installation path to the new parent folder on the other drive, as an example, if you want to move the game to D:\Ubisoft\ACU, then this should be D:\Ubisoft. UPlay will show a warning about already installed games will not be moved, click ok and proceed with the folder change, exit UPlay and make sure its closed on tray area as well.

2. Open registry (Start --> Run --> Regedit), and navigate to those keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Unity
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\720

Back them up by Right clicking on each key and select Export, enter file name and save a file per each.

3. Click on each key, at the right pane, you will see a key value called "installdir", double click on it to change the value to the new location you moved the game to, per our example above, it should be "D:/Ubisoft/ACU" without the quotes and note the forward slash "/", yes its "/" not backslash "\".

4. Cut/Paste the game to the new installation folder, per our example "D:\Ubisoft\ACU"

5. Launch UPlay/Game as admin.

Move Game on STEAM to a difference drive:

1. Cut and Paste the game folder to the drive you want to move the game to.
2. Uninstall the game from steam.
3. Install game from steam, now steam will prompt you where to install/download the game, select a drive or folder then click next, DONT CLICK ON FINISH, note it will create a folder called:

Steamapps

4. Go to Steamapps folder and create a nested folder called common.
5. now cut/paste the game folder from step1 to Steamapps\common.
6. Click Finish on Steam installation wizard and steam should start discovering Game files, once finished, it will show you download finished.
7. Restart steam as admin then launch the game.

if none of the above worked, download a program called PorcessMonitor from Microsoft sysInternals , add ACU.exe process to the filter and exclude all filters except File and registry access and see if there is an error about accessing Registry/File system as it might be related. And also it worth your while to check UPlay logs, they are located in Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\UbisoftGameLauncher\logs, otherwise, please contact Ubisoft Support, link is in my sign.

Hope it works.

jeffies04
11-20-2014, 02:22 AM
Thanks for posting that, Yaz, everyday there's more and more people signing in who are experiencing it new for the first time (probably based upon their gameplay) so hopefully a few might be helped. Most of us regulars, though, have been through it all.

Lol if I hear the someone tell me to "clean boot" one more time I'll probably have a coronary. I could probably tell you which pre-made e-mail that support will send me before I ask the question :) And I mean this in jest, my point is we're just waiting for patch 3 now.

I think we just have to hope that the silence surrounding the crashing means "we've already dealt with it and it will be in patch 3."

YazX_
11-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks for posting that, Yaz, everyday there's more and more people signing in who are experiencing it new for the first time (probably based upon their gameplay) so hopefully a few might be helped. Most of us regulars, though, have been through it all.

Lol if I hear the someone tell me to "clean boot" one more time I'll probably have a coronary. I could probably tell you which pre-made e-mail that support will send me before I ask the question :) And I mean this in jest, my point is we're just waiting for patch 3 now.

I think we just have to hope that the silence surrounding the crashing means "we've already dealt with it and it will be in patch 3."

You are welcome, well, there is the Live Updates, check it out if you havent done so already:

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

NightmareGK13
11-20-2014, 02:52 PM

1. Verify Game Files either from steam or UPlay depends on the version you have. (this is the most common reason for crashing due to corrupted files)
3. Go to Startup (open Run--> Msconfig) and uncheck everything there, restart windows afterwards.
4. Close/Disable any OSD/Overclocking/Recording softwares before launching the game. (this is the second common reason as some programs inject a D3D hook which causes the game to crash like RTSS even in stealth mode)
5. Backup your saves then delete them.
6. Run the game as Admin.
7. Launch the game.

Hope it works.

just checking to be sure, but I hope this is a temporary fix, after two days of playing non-stop yesterday was a nightmare with this error, so I hope you guys are looking into this because it definitely is not something graphic wise or cpu wise, it just crashes randomly, I might be in a vast crowd or just on a menu, it just happens... it's a good game but please fix this, we cannot fix something that was the developers mistake to begin with, as a temporary fix I find it reasonable, as a permanent one, i do not :P

either way thanks, i'll be sure to check it when I get home.

hlynurar
11-20-2014, 03:04 PM

1. Verify Game Files either from steam or UPlay depends on the version you have. (this is the most common reason for crashing due to corrupted files)
4. Close/Disable any OSD/Overclocking/Recording softwares before launching the game. (this is the second common reason as some programs inject a D3D hook which causes the game to crash like RTSS even in stealth mode)
5. Backup your saves then delete them.
6. Run the game as Admin.
7. Launch the game.

Hope it works.

Could you make a dumbe proof video? how can you varify game files in Uplay? This product isnt finished and this aint the first time Ubisoft does this.
They should support us supporting them and make the next dlc free for once. I would like to see a Indiana Jones spin on the world.

lehoon
11-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but that does not seem to solve the problem I have.
When I press continue to load the map, the loading pillar spins a few times and then the game crashes. It does this every time until I put Uplay in offline mode. Then the game loads and plays without any problems.
Yesterday I started a new game (delete local save games, start new game offline, play the game some time, exit, put uplay in online mode, start the game and replace the could save with the local save) and so far I'm able to play online with the new save game.
So 2 things are going on:
Save game is corrupt
Save game from 1.1.0 is not compatible with 1.2.0

The fact that I also lost the premium content on the companion app overnight (it offers me to purchase it again while I still use the same account) I presume something went horribly wrong with the online part of the game. Probably data loss or corruption.

RAP.-RSU-
11-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Same prob here since that uplay update last night,which closed the game.Online it always close the loadingscreen and gos back to Uplay.Offline it works fine with the my local saves.Just online did not work anymore,that sux bigtime.No Coop,no online activities at all.I hope they can fix this,asap.:(

xmonkeywarriorx
11-20-2014, 03:52 PM
having this problem right now. it wont load online, but it load up when playing on uplay offline...........................when are they are going to fix this issue??? :mad:

Base2Crown
11-20-2014, 08:03 PM
I have been experiencing this online ACU.exe crash since patch 2. I am able to start the game if I block ACU.exe with windows firewall or start Uplay in offline mode. If I remove the firewall block from ACU.exe while the game is running i'm able to re-connect to Uplay servers but my game crashes after 10-15 seconds.

Uplay crashes ACU.exe with no error message, this signifies that some kind of online integrity check from uplay fails when we try to connect with our corrupt save-game (Anti-Cheat/Hack)

The grim reality of the situation may be that our savegames are simply corrupt and there's nothing Ubisoft will do about it as allowing our save-games to sync back online with their servers could potentially break their "integrity", as people that potentially cheat to unlock items/skills re-sync their accounts online.

So what can you do?

1.) Backup your savegame in the hopes that there may be a fix (not likely)

2.) Start a new game :/

I know it sucks, I don't want to start a new game either but it looks like our only option at this point. Ubisoft has not responded on the matter (which is alarming given the high # of people with this bug) and I'm starting to think that just like in previous Ubisoft titles they will simply ignore the issue.

jeffies04
11-20-2014, 08:08 PM
It seems like a common pattern is this is happening near sequence 9. I have read a few cases that this is happening even with the new save games.

It is troubling that they are not responding directly to this issue. Most people are getting silence from support about it now. This is even happening on consoles. If they ignore the issue they leave their game in a broken state (at least the much touted multiplayer half of it). I hope this is a top priority right now.

NightmareGK13
11-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Restarting the game is absolutely out of the question... So not only do we need to fix their mistakes but we have to reset our game to again fix their mistakes?
Although I am thankful for a temporary fix but they should look into this and fix it permanentely...

and not wanting to sound ill tempered, I do believe there should be a thank you community pack, or an apology to all players who pre-ordered and bought the game before all patches were released.

Calgerion
11-20-2014, 08:44 PM
HELLO ALL,

I am new crew member of this[edit] !!!!!!!!
UBISOFT GO TO H*LL..... TODAY IT IS LAST PIECE AT ALL...... I cant count how many problems I had with this game, I even bought new PC, blew my router with portforwarding, one day off from internet, and now, ACU.exe crashing every time i continue with game!!!!!!

GO TO HELL .... I WANT REFUND !!!!!!

Today, it started after one coop mission. It was quite laggy game, and after i stabbed one soldiers, it stopped working... since this time I cant continue with my game, all the times it stoping working after I continue with the game!!!!

This was a really last piece of my quite HUGE pacience!!!!

madaras
11-20-2014, 09:57 PM
I had a busy week at the office and did not have time to play. Just tried to log in yesterday to see if the problem was solve ... but as you know the problem is still not solved. Tomorrow I will try it again after office, if not I will try to start a new game what can I say ... or I will get angry and ask for a refund ASAP.

jeffies04
11-21-2014, 12:23 AM
Restarting the game is absolutely out of the question... So not only do we need to fix their mistakes but we have to reset our game to again fix their mistakes?
Although I am thankful for a temporary fix but they should look into this and fix it permanentely...

I know, I felt the same way. I was so happy with my progress and character customization on my old save. But I am progressing through the game, still online at this point. I am around sequence 7 I think? Still hasn't done it to me yet. YET. Now... I have not played any coop this time around, I get the little pop up invites, but have yet to do a mission.

One thing I am doing is if I get disconnected at any time, I am getting reconnected as fast as it will let me before making too much progress. This is in case Base2Crown's theory is accurate, then making too much progress offline might conflict with whatever the online system has, resulting in the crash. (I remember last time I was getting disconnected ALL the time and for LONG periods of time)

We'll see. Every time I sit down to play I hope to see the "patching..." screen come up, but not yet. :(

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 01:49 AM
I know, I felt the same way. I was so happy with my progress and character customization on my old save. But I am progressing through the game, still online at this point. I am around sequence 7 I think? Still hasn't done it to me yet. YET. Now... I have not played any coop this time around, I get the little pop up invites, but have yet to do a mission.

One thing I am doing is if I get disconnected at any time, I am getting reconnected as fast as it will let me before making too much progress. This is in case Base2Crown's theory is accurate, then making too much progress offline might conflict with whatever the online system has, resulting in the crash. (I remember last time I was getting disconnected ALL the time and for LONG periods of time)

We'll see. Every time I sit down to play I hope to see the "patching..." screen come up, but not yet. :(

While the issue may have something to do with going online... once... deleting my save game and starting a new trying not to go online is not even remotely acceptable, and I'm not just throwing in a tantrum, I find it preposterous that I have to do so in order to fix an error it is not mine to begin with, it's not logical, I paid 90€ for my limited edition, i'm not demanding special tratment because I already got it with the game, but I am however expecting that the 60€ I paid for the regular game included in the limited edition is remotely finished, and as bug free as possible, I can do what is in my grasp to try and fix SOME things, but this is a major issue that they must fix. If you do go online tell me how it goes.

Going in-game offline did do the trick and the game didn't crash, it was crashing insanely on top of notre dame... which points out it's not graphical or cpu wise, it's just plain stupid -_-

going offline did the trick, no more crash and even got a small fps boost
on the other hand... how will I unlock the content the geniuses at ubisoft decided to lock with co-op only missions and companion app only and initiates only if none of the above are working...

xmonkeywarriorx
11-21-2014, 10:01 AM
While the issue may have something to do with going online... once... deleting my save game and starting a new trying not to go online is not even remotely acceptable, and I'm not just throwing in a tantrum, I find it preposterous that I have to do so in order to fix an error it is not mine to begin with, it's not logical, I paid 90€ for my limited edition, i'm not demanding special tratment because I already got it with the game, but I am however expecting that the 60€ I paid for the regular game included in the limited edition is remotely finished, and as bug free as possible, I can do what is in my grasp to try and fix SOME things, but this is a major issue that they must fix. If you do go online tell me how it goes.

Going in-game offline did do the trick and the game didn't crash, it was crashing insanely on top of notre dame... which points out it's not graphical or cpu wise, it's just plain stupid -_-

going offline did the trick, no more crash and even got a small fps boost
on the other hand... how will I unlock the content the geniuses at ubisoft decided to lock with co-op only missions and companion app only and initiates only if none of the above are working...

AGREED!!! i paid 135 dollar for this game........

DAIMONDAMPS
11-21-2014, 10:34 AM
They found a BUG.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185876-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32 (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185876-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

jeffies04
11-21-2014, 11:46 AM
They found a BUG.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185876-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32 (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185876-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

Which means they have something tangible that they can fix! This is the first good news of the week, in my opinion.

xmonkeywarriorx
11-21-2014, 12:07 PM
They found a BUG.

cant sign online if the game wont load up at all when playing AC unity online/uplay online, so how am i suppose to delete my contact??.....:mad: stupid ubisoft, give us more run around.

ShaddowWolf
11-21-2014, 12:26 PM
cant sign online if the game wont load up at all when playing AC unity online/uplay online, so how am i suppose to delete my contact??.....:mad: stupid ubisoft, give us more run around.

This was a success for my broken game.

1. Launch game online to Main Menu. Wait.

2. Disconnect your internet MANUALLY. It will yell at you.

3. Press CONTINUE.

4. Navigate menu to My Brotherhood -> Contacts until it forces you to "Go Online"

5. Connect your internet

6. Press to GO ONLINE

7. Delete your contacts. Note you cannot delete uPlay contacts, so delete any that it lets you delete.

Frektard
11-21-2014, 12:43 PM

3. Press CONTINUE.

4. Navigate menu to My Brotherhood -> Contacts until it forces you to "Go Online"

5. Connect your internet

6. Press to GO ONLINE

7. Delete your contacts. Note you cannot delete uPlay contacts, so delete any that it lets you delete.

As soon as you go online it crashes. At least it did for me.

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 12:54 PM

They better fix it

it's their job, not ours to fix their issues, although we can do something they must do it all

naumaan
11-21-2014, 01:25 PM

3. Press CONTINUE.

5. Connect your internet

6. Press to GO ONLINE

where is the my brotherhood menu option ... i cant find it

ShaddowWolf
11-21-2014, 01:44 PM
If u Use Esc your game pauses and there must be the brotherhood menu
to delete kontacs it Is normaly the V Button on your keyboard.

I got the problem that my contakts will be refilled after i closed normaly the game.

Mr_Shade
11-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Guys, if you are unable to remove the contacts - as advised - please do make sure you have been in contact with support:

www.support.ubi.com - they will be able to update you on the issue and provide extra troubleshooting.

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Guys, if you are unable to remove the contacts - as advised - please do make sure you have been in contact with support:

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com) - they will be able to update you on the issue and provide extra troubleshooting.

will there be a fix for this for those who cannot fix it themselves? and for those yet to experience this?
Whenever I go in offline and try to go online ingame it says I have a parental block which I have none nor do I have any other block of the sort...

Mr_Shade
11-21-2014, 02:00 PM
will there be a fix for this for those who cannot fix it themselves? and for those yet to experience this?
Whenever I go in offline and try to go online ingame it says I have a parental block which I have none nor do I have any other block of the sort...

The team are investing the issue - and this work around is there to help prevent it, while that investigation is ongoing.

For people unable to complete the workaround - support are the best people to speak too - since they can try other things - and failing that, add you to the numbers affected, so you can be updated when a fix is ready.

For your connection issue, support are also the best people to contact - that error normally happens when you have an console account issue though, so Xbox / PSN Support might be the best people to ask, if you are posting in the wrong forum [as it happens]

If you are on PC - then our own support teams can investigate :)

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 02:05 PM
The team are investing the issue - and this work around is there to help prevent it, while that investigation is ongoing.

For people unable to complete the workaround - support are the best people to speak too - since they can try other things - and failing that, add you to the numbers affected, so you can be updated when a fix is ready.

For your connection issue, support are also the best people to contact - that error normally happens when you have an console account issue though, so Xbox / PSN Support might be the best people to ask, if you are posting in the wrong forum [as it happens]

PC player here, i'll contact as soon as I get home. I'm already affected by this, yesterday I couldn't even get the game going on online mode.
thanks Mr_Shade

veovis77
11-21-2014, 02:24 PM
cant sign online if the game wont load up at all when playing AC unity online/uplay online, so how am i suppose to delete my contact??.....:mad: stupid ubisoft, give us more run around.I've had limited success with this. As far as deleting your contact goes

* Remain offline while you navigate the menu system
* Once you get to the point in the "My Brotherhood" menus where you can't progress without being online, reconnect to your network, then select "Go Online" in-game
* Delete your contacts

This has allowed me to run the game in on-line mode, however

* As my regular MP partner isn't online yet, I can't check that co-op works, so I can't vouch for that

* The contact list seems to repopulate after leaving the game, so this has to be done each time I launch the game

* The game still crashes if I die wile I'm online (fast travel works, so it's not just a "loading a different area" issue)

I've already added this detail to my existing support ticket, so I'm hoping it may be passed along and prove useful.

Fudz4
11-21-2014, 02:31 PM
My game crashes every time I try to customize my character or access shop, too much information I suppose.

Fair play, Im trying to be patient but the poor quality of this game is driving me up the wall right now. :/

Mybrainisanut
11-21-2014, 02:55 PM

I am in contact with the support for a vague week by now. Tried to help, told them what I did, trying to fix it. Your support team told me multiple times to repeat the actions I already did.
I feel about getting shafted! :mad:

If you can tell me any way to contact you guys aside from the support, seeing the stuff I already tried beeing considered in a more serious way, I will try to write down those wall of texts for you again, in english, german or even french or spanish.
Just for awarness, I don't want a VIP treatment, just be fair enough to not tell me to repeat actions which did not help at all and call this a possible help.

Accessing the Brotherhood option was not possible for me without beeing online. Also the trick with manually disconnect the internet does not work because there will no alert pop up for me.

veovis77
11-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Accessing the Brotherhood option was not possible for me without beeing online. Also the trick with manually disconnect the internet does not work because there will no alert pop up for me.It can take a while (30 seconds? a minute? I didn't time it) before the game recognises you've disconnected.

Mybrainisanut
11-21-2014, 04:03 PM
It can take a while (30 seconds? a minute? I didn't time it) before the game recognises you've disconnected.

Thanks, you were right.
The game does still crash, even if I am imediatly in the Brotherhood and Contact menu.

veovis77
11-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks, you were right.
The game does still crash, even if I am imediatly in the Brotherhood and Contact menu.:(

I really hope they come up with a proper fix for this, soon. There's lots like you who still can't play at all, and the workaround is only a partial success for myself (and likely others) as I noted before. I love the AC games, and this is really putting a downer on the whole thing.

I find it baffling that they hadn't identified this error before release if it's so widespread. Given how much fuss they've made about the online features in the build-up to release, you'd think they'd have tested it to destruction :(

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 06:36 PM
I am concerned about two things Mr_Shade

1 - support is refused because i'm "below" minimum specs... coff what a joke since apparently I can play better than some who meet the required
2 - that patch 3 locks out many gpu cards below minimum... let's not give them ideas shall we...

naumaan
11-21-2014, 06:53 PM
I am concerned about two things Mr_Shade

1 - support is refused because i'm "below" minimum specs... coff what a joke since apparently I can play better than some who meet the required
2 - that patch 3 locks out many gpu cards below minimum... let's not give them ideas shall we...

well after the new update on crash .. they tried asking me to do the same troubleshooting that I have done already .. and mentioned my card being low too ..

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 07:38 PM
well after the new update on crash .. they tried asking me to do the same troubleshooting that I have done already .. and mentioned my card being low too ..

my ticket was a bit self explanatory, they cannot pick on that issue because i pointed out it has nothing to do with my gpu being too low, just pure incompetence :P (didn't say it like that, but I did point out the major issues and they have nothing to do with system requirements and PCs)

ShaddowWolf
11-21-2014, 08:44 PM
my ticket was a bit self explanatory, they cannot pick on that issue because i pointed out it has nothing to do with my gpu being too low, just pure incompetence :P (didn't say it like that, but I did point out the major issues and they have nothing to do with system requirements and PCs)

the ubisoft support has also made my cpu responsible for the crashes. it makes no sense, since it runs fine in offline mode. I hope ubisoft does not dare again the easiest option in my system to take into consideration and look first to their errors..

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 08:47 PM
the ubisoft support has also made my cpu responsible for the crashes. it makes no sense, since it runs fine in offline mode. I hope ubisoft does not dare again the easiest option in my system to take into consideration and look first to their errors..

if they say anything about my requirements i will call them liars... not sraight forward so that I don't lose both my temper and reason, but they will hear about it...

veovis77
11-21-2014, 09:28 PM
if they say anything about my requirements i will call them liars... not sraight forward so that I don't lose both my temper and reason, but they will hear about it...I'm running well above minimum (i7-4770 & dual R9 280x) and I'm having problems. Given that detail, if it is CPU/GPU related, then they were aiming way too high with the requirements.

veovis77
11-21-2014, 11:21 PM
I've had limited success with this. As far as deleting your contact goes

This has allowed me to run the game in on-line mode, however

* As my regular MP partner isn't online yet, I can't check that co-op works, so I can't vouch for thatI've now tried coop like this and although we managed to get into a session

* Our first attempt resulted in my coop partner freezing and crashing before we even got into the coop mission (we were in a shop trying to replenish consumables), then I crashed a minute or so later

* When we actually got into a coop mission, we managed to play through the mission until the point where we had to escape, but then my friend's game hung briefly, allowing her to be killed, which crashed my game. It looks like either player de-synchronising is a problem, at least for me

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm running well above minimum (i7-4770 & dual R9 280x) and I'm having problems. Given that detail, if it is CPU/GPU related, then they were aiming way too high with the requirements.

obviously high, specially considering my rig

i7 2600 3.4ghz
gtx 550 ti
8gb ram

DAIMONDAMPS
11-22-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm having crashes always in multiplayer in AC II-IV . Courius if this is the bug that solves the problem with all AC games.
funny thing - support tells me that i have to run uplay as admin to fix this issue:) after the live update postabout ACU.exe workaround :D

jeffies04
11-22-2014, 01:46 AM
I'm having crashes always in multiplayer in AC II-IV . Courius if this is the bug that solves the problem with all AC games.
funny thing - support tells me that i have to run uplay as admin to fix this issue:) after the live update postabout ACU.exe workaround :D

I don't think this has anything really to do with ACII-IV...they didn't have the kind of seamless multiplayer that Unity uses. Multiplayer was a completely separate app on those games (I don't think multiplayer existed until Brotherhood, anyway).

You should definitely set uPlay to run as admin, though.

DAIMONDAMPS
11-22-2014, 01:53 AM
I don't think this has anything really to do with ACII-IV...they didn't have the kind of seamless multiplayer that Unity uses. Multiplayer was a completely separate app on those games (I don't think multiplayer existed until Brotherhood, anyway).

You should definitely set uPlay to run as admin, though.
I know - in BF I have PC freeze - but now only the same like others - crash to the desktop with ACU.exe stopped working. But I think that may be the same problem was before - but no one noticed that.

XxcuteamyxX
11-22-2014, 03:33 AM
If you're having a problem continuing your game or trying to even start your game and get "acu.exe stopped working," what helped me was playing offline. Just go to your UPlay program, go to setting and click on go offline. I don't know why this would be causing acu.exe crash but it worked for me. If that doesn't work than you'd have to contact support who will just tell you to do a clean boot pretty much.

This does work but now I can't play with my friends. So half the game is now not available and once again uplay is the issue.

I--Skeptik--I
11-22-2014, 05:09 AM
I just recently got hit with this "loading CTD bug" and it sucks, I can still play in offline mode, but I won't get any of the good stuff doing that :( I can't log in to my game to delete my contacts like Ubi recommended, but I did however delete my contacts via the uplay website/profile page. This still however, does not fix the loading game bug, which leads me to believe that everyone hit with this bug now has corrupt save game files and will most likely have to start a new game after Ubi cleans up this mess. Instead of cutting myself, I will take my rage out on my own body.....I'm going to Burger King.

Frektard
11-22-2014, 08:53 AM
I just recently got hit with this "loading CTD bug" and it sucks, I can still play in offline mode, but I won't get any of the good stuff doing that :( I can't log in to my game to delete my contacts like Ubi recommended, but I did however delete my contacts via the uplay website/profile page. This still however, does not fix the loading game bug, which leads me to believe that everyone hit with this bug now has corrupt save game files and will most likely have to start a new game after Ubi cleans up this mess. Instead of cutting myself, I will take my rage out on my own body.....I'm going to Burger King.

If it were the save you wouldn't be able to play offline.

jeffies04
11-22-2014, 01:59 PM

Your uPlay contacts are different from your in-game contacts. These are people you meet while playing and you add them on-the-fly in your game. They're not your uPlay friend, but you can reach them again for invites within the game itself. That's what is causing the crash. So no need to go deleting all your uPlay folks, according to the Live Update, just the in-game ones.

And between the stress from running this game and eating Burger King, you've signed your death warrant. ;)

ShootRawGuy
11-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Doing a clean boot is the most silly thing to do. If a game requires a clean install of windows Don't buy the game.
I downloaded and reinstalled the game. Updated gpu driver. Removed some lately installed Microsoft Security updates. Then i put my uplay in offline mode. Game runs smoothly. And the crash seems to be happening when it tries to "save" the game in cloud. If I play offline it saves and everything is ok. When putting it back online it crashes right away. Look at this video I made to show what happens in online and offline mode:
http://www.twitch.tv/bootlegbetty/b/591310393

Base2Crown
11-22-2014, 04:28 PM
I tried the crash fix workaround, in short it didn't work.

I start by blocking ACU.exe in windows firewall, launch the game and then disable the firewall block and allow my game to connect to Uplay servers.

I immediately try to hurry to My Brotherhood to delete the in-game contacts that have accumulated through various co-op missions but whenever I try to delete a contact my game crashes. Ubisoft needs to wipe ALL in-game contacts for everyone and release patch 3 already!

Sh1vz
11-22-2014, 04:47 PM
I tried the crash fix workaround, in short it didn't work.

I start by blocking ACU.exe in windows firewall, launch the game and then disable the firewall block and allow my game to connect to Uplay servers.

I immediately try to hurry to My Brotherhood to delete the in-game contacts that have accumulated through various co-op missions but whenever I try to delete a contact my game crashes. Ubisoft needs to wipe ALL in-game contacts for everyone and release patch 3 already!

Yep, i tryed the exact same thing. its not possible soon as you go into My Brotherhood, it crashes and im starting to get very inpatient. Tryed so many work arounds and non of em works towards that thing, pretty much done with the offline mode and if i gotta start all over im gonna bomb their quarters :mad:

ShootRawGuy
11-22-2014, 05:12 PM
They found a BUG.

This is it. I did add 2 contacts hours before my crasing started.

3. Press CONTINUE.

5. Connect your internet

6. Press to GO ONLINE

It did work to delete one of them :) But the acu.exe crash caught up on me :/

ShaddowWolf
11-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Somehow the contact list recover again. Support didnt answer my ticked yet.
There will be no way, just wait till Ubisoft did thair work....

ShootRawGuy
11-22-2014, 05:48 PM
it's so annoying. I have used some Helix money-thingy to test it out. (was boring, you dont need the nice sword when u unlock "sword of eden") I have collected alot of Nomad chest from companion app. I am going to get the Altair outfit. I only miss out 2 outfits. I really hope they will fix this. I will not start over again if I don't get those Helix money and uplay point spent.

ShaddowWolf
11-22-2014, 09:09 PM
it's so annoying. I have used some Helix money-thingy to test it out. (was boring, you dont need the nice sword when u unlock "sword of eden") I have collected alot of Nomad chest from companion app. I am going to get the Altair outfit. I only miss out 2 outfits. I really hope they will fix this. I will not start over again if I don't get those Helix money and uplay point spent.

i know what u mean, i did all nastradamus enigma....

Smrda94
11-23-2014, 02:51 AM
It did work to delete one of them :) But the acu.exe crash caught up on me :/[/QUOTE]

Yep same here every time i turn off net log in than turn on net try to delite contacts i crash .. damn lets rly hope they fix it soon this **** is going for 7 days for me here ..

ShootRawGuy
11-23-2014, 03:57 PM
I would say Ubisoft has the players with the greatest patience. It is admirable to see so many gamers with so much trouble that still continue to play the game. Ubisoft should be grateful for this.

MelhemX20
11-23-2014, 04:34 PM

same thing happen with me

DailySuicide
11-24-2014, 08:38 PM
I am just glad that Ubisoft is not one of government departments. If they were, I can only imagine the devastation of the world.

WestLil0
11-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Throughout this major and very annoying issue, several suggestions have worked for me so just wanted to share them. Yes, playing offline seems to work the best. You miss out on the coop and the initiates chests, but hopefully when this problem is fixed it will sync correctly. I once tried to sync from my local save to the cloud and it actually corrupted the local save, and I had to start all over again even though I was a 21% of the game completed. What a pain, right? So the other suggestion from this forum that worked was disabling all the automatic startups. Amazingly, none of that is actually needed but it apparently interferes with the game somehow. My game still occasionally crashes even when playing offline and with startups disabled, however, today I tried starting the game after optimizing it through the GeForce optimization and it actually worked the longest yet, six hours! The screen is windowed (not a full screen) but I'm willing to overlook that in order to just finish this darn game. I am SO SO disappointed that Ubisoft has messed up this way for so many people for so long. I cannot believe they would not know of some of these issues. Somehow us loyal players continue to research and help each other the best way possible until hopefully this is resolved. Whatever the next AC game, I will NOT pre-purchase and will wait to see how it's received before spending $60.

Base2Crown
11-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Bottom line: without co-op ACU feels like half a game.

The reason I bought ACUnity was for a true next-gen creed experience that offered a rich and in-depth co-op multiplayer.
I thought this series was ready to evolve to the next level but with a launch this disastrous I'm having my doubts about the future...

Ubisoft needs to let players know SOONER rather than LATER if we NEED to start a new game to have any hope of playing online again
- The fallout and player rage will only be significantly worse if they wait or never tell us we need to start a new game.

I like many others are holding out on starting a new game in the hopes that co-op will be fixed but as time progresses we are getting farther and farther in the single player campaign, getting hit with news that we must start over will not be taken lightly the longer they wait to inform us.

behindtimes
11-25-2014, 06:09 AM
same thing happen with me

Try deleting your saves and restarting.

legadrieclya
11-25-2014, 11:28 AM
After the 1.2.0 update

Was able to log on and moved about for a few seconds today..

Then it crashed.

Relaunched...

Crashed again

Relaunched again

Crashed again...

Completely unplayable.

rakowozz
11-26-2014, 06:08 AM
I was able to finish the story with only a few problems and glitches. Some understandable, others not. Until it finally became literally unplayable.

First of all, multiplayer is a mess. A nightmare. Mission objectives will turn defective, players won't see the same entities around the map and joining a game already in progress is a test for your patience.

So, after deciding to explore more of the online game modes, I tried joining a Brotherhood, a group, or whatever they call it. Now the executable will crash if I start the game while online, as somewhat predicted by Ubisoft themselves. Now, I'm not sure if I'd have to wait for the patch to play, since there's probably a way for me to fix it somehow.

But it's just not worth the effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGHNAwKWKDo

My PC specifications, just for the record:

i7 4790
GTX 970
16 GB DDR3 RAM

Geko1j
11-27-2014, 05:20 PM
I have this problem too patch 3, not solved this problem. Its annoying.

GunnarGunderson
11-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Are you serious? More than 2 weeks after release and the game that we PAID MONEY FOR is still literally unplayable

GunnarGunderson
11-27-2014, 05:52 PM

Are you serious? More than 2 weeks after release and the game that we PAID MONEY FOR is still literally unplayable

There's a 38 page thread about this **** in the support forums and they still didn't fix it?

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Patch 3 working:) no crash after hitting continue:) Old save is working:)
Thanks UBI:)

I'm playing on:
QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, 3200 MHz (8 x 400) Overclocked
4GB DDR2 Ram 1066
XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB

Geko1j
11-27-2014, 08:57 PM

There's a 38 page thread about this **** in the support forums and they still didn't fix it?

Yes im serious i still have it acu.exe when i llaunch game. So i dont even seen menu game....

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Yes im serious i still have it acu.exe when i llaunch game. So i dont even seen menu game....

You seems to have a different issue. Most of the players have crash after they continued the game from my menu. And the crash was only in online mode. - Send the ticket to the support.

Geko1j
11-27-2014, 09:09 PM
You seems to have a different issue. Most of the players have crash after they continued the game from my menu. And the crash was only in online mode. - Send the ticket to the support.

I am writing with support since 2 weeks. And still can't help me.
I have
geforce GTX 780
Intel Core i7-4771
8192MB RAM

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 09:30 PM
I am writing with support since 2 weeks. And still can't help me.
I have
geforce GTX 780
Intel Core i7-4771
8192MB RAM
Sorry to hear - i have old hardware and game now is working fine. Sometimes it's some bad configurationn of PC components. Did you test your RAM ?

Geko1j
11-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear - i have old hardware and game now is working fine. Sometimes it's some bad configurationn of PC components. Did you test your RAM ?

Yes i did it

IMRicko
11-29-2014, 10:48 AM
What a joke. I kept getting acu.exe crash in both online and offline uplay mode. Ubi and their stupidity.

AntiChrist7
11-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Ever since patch 3 i now also get the "acu.exe has stopped working" crashes. Sometimes when i load the save, sometimes just randomly, and sometimes not for an hour. Had no crashing problems before the patch

970gtx
i4590 (3.30ghz)
8gb ram

Leo_2301
12-02-2014, 04:07 AM
The game still crashes in offline mode when saving. I haven't even progressed into the story yet, it crashes in the first helix mission. Tried validating my files in Uplay, and it said the files were fine... is there any way other than rebooting to solve this?

gohog4
12-07-2014, 06:53 PM
guys please update the drivers for your graphics card to there most current non beta build and it might work for a nvidia 770 I can play non stop no crashes on version 344.75 and I couldnt even load into the game before I updated my drivers without crashing also try turning off in game music I find you dont generally hear it above all the hubub anywho

kloamanta
12-08-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm currently finishing the digital download of the game guys but it is now currently playable @ 10gb. I tried to play the game but this acu.exe stopped working crashed popped up. I can't even start the game. Should i wait till the download finishes?

SPECS:

i5-4690k @ 4.4gz
Gigabyte gtx 970 g1gaming
8gb 1866mhz ram

YazX_
12-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Updated steps for crash troubleshooting, please look here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953087-acu-exe-crash-fix?p=10359630&viewfull=1#post10359630

naumaan
12-16-2014, 03:46 PM
i am having the same problem at the exact same position .. as i was earlier .. left the game for good until all the patches resolve the problem .. but i think this problem is still present ..

Antheus-UK
12-16-2014, 09:25 PM
ubisoft never fails to amaze just how many glitches and bugs can be in one game, they should get an award for the most screwed up game company!

Belmont1
12-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah, well, still can't launch the game. On the bright side, I may win my bet with my friends that the game won't be playable until 6 months after its release. I also have a support ticket with no answers since 13 days. Ubisoft is really amazing, it's so good at being bad it's almost brillant. I guess I'll just wait till there is a working patch to test my new graphic card >.> (I'm glad I have other recent games to justify my purchase)

ETSubmariner
12-20-2014, 12:19 AM
ubisoft never fails to amaze just how many glitches and bugs can be in one game, they should get an award for the most screwed up game company!

I went from a perfectly good game that worked when it came out to a game that will not start after Patch 4. It goes to the loading screen where you have to press a key to continue and then drops to the desktop. I can hear the game music playing. I can see the game icon in the bar. I cannot get to it by tabbing programs, task manager or any other method including shift+f2. I can only kill ACU off, which then says it is not responding.

Going offline with UPlay did not work for me.

Come on Ubisoft. WTF.

Nomnomnom73
12-23-2014, 04:34 AM
It crashs every single time I get to 3% , I thought patch 1.4 will fix it but nope
I have tried every solution from post #33 too

sutobe
12-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Hello,

I have ACU installed on my brand new system (so no cluttered hard disk) with the latest NVIDA Beta drivers 347.09 and the latest patch installed.

When I try to enter the hallway to the council of the elder Assassins's (don't know what it's called in English, I wann go where the huge explanation mark on the map shows up beneath the HQ Café) where also the merchant has his shop , the screen turns black but there is no loading symbol in the upper right corner.

The mouse cursor appears and when I press Enter the game crashed to desktop, telling me ACU.exe not working anymore.

Tried playing some other missions in between, restart the PC and even delete the userconfigs out of the Documents folder. Nothing works.

I can't go on with the game!

As I mentioned, I am just finished with Sequence 3, trying to get my mission data for Sequence 4 Mission 1 from the old Assassins in the basement, when I try to enter the hallway either through the massive door or the fenced gate, it CTD at both occassions.

I made a video of it, you can't see how it actually crashes to the dekstop because FRAPS couldn't record it, in the video the screen just turns black. Imagine a mouse cursor showing up and then it's back to Desktop as soon as you press Enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39VEeoucys

I am @ 23% of the game, finished some other stuff, also using Compagnon App for Android.

My PC:

Intel i7 4790K not overclocked
Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 4G (not overclocked)
G.Skill 8 GB DDR 3 Ram (not overclocked)
ASRock Z97 EXtreme 6 Mainboard
Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

Is there anything I can do??

Going to try out the troubleshooting steps of this thread now, also trying to play offline but I have little hope

Kiashaal
12-27-2014, 01:07 AM
After 1 month i payed limited edition with 139 EURO i still can't play!!

I tried all! I asked also support of nvidia here, and Ubisoft. I have lastest nvidia drivers 347.09 and latest patch of game and it crashes my pc when i go in pause and menů( configurations, options etc ).
There is any news cause i m seriously angried

KmarkoPL
12-27-2014, 01:34 AM
My game crashes randomly to desktop during game play, online or not, no difference,"ACU.exe has stopped working"
Some times take 10 min and some times up to 1 h !
All drivers updated.
Brand new custom PC
Made ticket at 20/12 by UBI support , no answer yet .

keanboon
12-27-2014, 08:36 AM
I install NVIDIA driver version 344.48 and it fixed "acu.exe has stopped working" crash error..

I haven't download patch 4, but now I can play no more crashes with patch 3.

keanboon
12-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Well after I thought I had solved the "acu.exe has stopped working" error and finally can enjoy the game,

Now I have just downloaded patch 4 and the game can't even start at all!!

In the menu click on "Continue" button and it crash with "acu.exe has stopped working"" again.

I have already update the NVIDIA driver to version 344.75 and 347.09, same error happen..

Why Ubisoft?? What is happening??

keanboon
12-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Just to update that my game finally able to play without crashes again after done verify files in Uplay.

Uplay repair some files that maybe corrupted during download patch 4.

The troubleshooting steps below is very helpful.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post10359630 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953087-acu-exe-crash-fix?p=10359630&viewfull=1#post10359630)

USN Greasemonky
01-01-2015, 04:20 AM
I have never been able to even get to the loading screen, it crashes before that, and Ubisoft support has basically told me to go **** myself I am a PC user therefore don't matter to them. All i want is to play the game :(

juppler
01-11-2015, 01:50 PM
same to me: freeze to desktop after installing last patch. I have no time and am not willing to fix your games. Next week the game will get back to store and refunded. Please Ubisoft, stop making games, as you are overstrained by doing it.

natepak
01-17-2015, 05:17 AM
same to me: freeze to desktop after installing last patch. I have no time and am not willing to fix your games. Next week the game will get back to store and refunded. Please Ubisoft, stop making games, as you are overstrained by doing it.

Same problem here. I'm not holding my breath for a fix, given that it's been over two months since the release and the best their "tech support" can do is a horrible list of hacks.

Come to think of it, I might actually be enjoying their game of "try to install my broken software". It's a real brain teaser.

On a slightly more serious note, I can't believe a company that claims to develop software has distributed such a steaming pile. It's actually shameful what ubisoft has released. If you work at ubisoft, please do yourself a favor and wipe that fact from your resume. You should also leave the domain of software development, as you clearly are incapable.

MunjaX
02-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I think I found a solution. I disabled cloud synchronization, voice chat and the use of proxy in the uplay application. I don't have any issues since then...

kadryan
02-06-2015, 01:25 PM
what to do with this f*** problem ??????????

sooupper
02-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Since my husband and I have similar systems and he had not any system crashes, I considered the differences. I had setup my microphone and ACU for voice. Once I disabled voice within ACU, ACU was no longer crashing with a Windows problem. I can only conclude there is an interface problem between ACU and Windows 8. I re-enabled my microphone and again experienced a failure with Windows 8 and ACU.