PDA

View Full Version : Save file loss/corrupt PHONE CONVO from UbiSupport answers!

Zokana
11-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech support stated to me on phone that if the files are corrupt there is no choice but to start over. So any playtime that you had from the save is GONE. Sorry folks but its true.

As far as the Hack credit purchases go, Tech support informed me that anything bought or upgraded with the hack credits should still be bought/upgraded in game no matter the save file corruption. If you are missing stuff that was purchased via the hack credits contact support and they will work with you.

I even asked Tech support if I could post their answers in these forums, he said yes go ahead.

Personally I now highly, I repeat highly recommend saving/copying your save files after every session of play. If a save file gets corrupted, delete it, move a older save file into the save files and bam your back in action. Yes you will have lost your last play session but not your whole time spent in the game.

If you do call support remember these guys/girls are just techs trying to help you. Don't bite their heads off, I am sure they are dealing with a ton of calls at the moment. Remember don't attack the folks trying to help you, not their fault the game is broke. The gentleman I spoke to was very considerate and answered my questions/concerns completely.

Aerlynn
11-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech support stated to me on phone that if the files are corrupt there is no choice but to start over. So any playtime that you had from the save is GONE. Sorry folks but its true.

Sorry but I'd rather wait for official news from Ubisoft, which I seriously hope will come soon.
Considered that the savegame was corrupted because of something they did wrong, I hope they will also find a way to fix it.

Zokana
11-17-2014, 04:11 PM
I seriously hope it gets fixed too! I am just passing the information that they told me.

MentalHegemony
11-17-2014, 05:01 PM
It's not quite that simple to just make backups of your saves and being able to replace them at will. Don't believe them.

This same thing happened to me in Black Flag, and now here. Why would a company that cared about it's customers continue to use a saving scheme that runs such a great risk of ruining the game for you when it fails, as it so often does? Why would a company not learn that lesson from Black Flag where so many of us went through that? Why, for the love of God, would a company ever tell you to disable cloud save and make frequent copies of your save games in case their crappy product breaks your progress? Just how bad is UbiSoft? Absolutely tragic.

I've written IGN and PC Gamer (the latter of which actually wrote an honest-ish review) to let them know how poor my experience has been with the game, recommending they update their own ratings of the PC platform based on user experiences with it. I encourage everyone else suffering with this game do the same. Unless there is tremendous pressure from the community, this will never be fixed properly and they'll just continue to crank out games not ready for release.

Aerlynn
11-17-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't know if it's easy or it isn't to recover data, I just hope they will. I haven't got all that time to play and to lose some of it because of an error I didn't make gives me nuts.
I'd like to have some news from anyone official, that would be nice at least.
I was enjoying the game before this happened, now I'm quite angry, but I don't believe anyone will care if I tell anyone else (IGN, PC Gamer or whoever) how much angry I am.