PDA

View Full Version : Unity co-op mission: "The Tournament" in single-player mode - help, please?

D.I.D.
11-17-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm trying out this mission in SP because it's a high difficulty level, so I thought it would be best to familiarise myself with it first.

I managed to get all the letters with only two deaths (the letter carriers - I realise I could probably have smoke-bombed the area and stolen the letters, but this seemed to be more trouble than it was worth).

Next is the parkour test. I've always thought I was at least okay at parkour, but this part is proving to me that I'm not. I've tried again and again but the best I can manage is 30 flags. The layout is confusing to me, partly because of the mass of markers in such a small area, and the fact that they don't shrink in scale to indicate distance.

I'm also having trouble with some routes. I'm realising, for instance, that you can simply never jump from the two parallel rope lines to the tallest thin poles in the centre line: there are three rings going up each side, but despite appearances you cannot jump up from one ring to the one above to reach the flag, and the only thing you can do is drop down and try some other route. I've found some moves from a lower to a higher line are surprisingly generous, allowing me to make a leap that seemed too far above me vertically, whereas the exact same move over the same distance between two other lines will always miss. There doesn't seem to be a way to just step left or right off the low rope line onto the free-standing flag frames.

So I use all of this observation, but I still run out of time at 30/34. Can you give me any tips on how to beat this round, please?

AbiX MichMasteR
11-17-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm trying out this mission in SP because it's a high difficulty level, so I thought it would be best to familiarise myself with it first.

I managed to get all the letters with only two deaths (the letter carriers - I realise I could probably have smoke-bombed the area and stolen the letters, but this seemed to be more trouble than it was worth).

Next is the parkour test. I've always thought I was at least okay at parkour, but this part is proving to me that I'm not. I've tried again and again but the best I can manage is 30 flags. The layout is confusing to me, partly because of the mass of markers in such a small area, and the fact that they don't shrink in scale to indicate distance.

I'm also having trouble with some routes. I'm realising, for instance, that you can simply never jump from the two parallel rope lines to the tallest thin poles in the centre line: there are three rings going up each side, but despite appearances you cannot jump up from one ring to the one above to reach the flag, and the only thing you can do is drop down and try some other route. I've found some moves from a lower to a higher line are surprisingly generous, allowing me to make a leap that seemed too far above me vertically, whereas the exact same move over the same distance between two other lines will always miss. There doesn't seem to be a way to just step left or right off the low rope line onto the free-standing flag frames.

So I use all of this observation, but I still run out of time at 30/34. Can you give me any tips on how to beat this round, please?

Play with someone else to avoid stressing more?

D.I.D.
11-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Play with someone else to avoid stressing more?

So it allows multiple players to do this part easily, and punishes SP players to a ridiculous extent? I thought it must send every player into their own version of this round? This doesn't make a lot of sense, given that it's supposed to be a contest for a winner to go through to the final meeting.

I guess I could do that, then. I'd still like to know how to beat it solo, since it'll have to be played that way once the next game comes out and nobody in the co-op anymore.