PDA

View Full Version : Excessively High Prices for lockpicks, phantom blades?

similarly
11-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Just spent 1000 livres for 5 phantom blades. Really? 1000? I've spend hundreds just replacing all the lock picks I break. How am I supposed to make any money in this game? Lemme guess: the companion app? I have TONS of Creed Points, but I burn through money so fast, my pants are on fire.

Does anybody else feel the prices are a bit too high?

Tanyn
11-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Just spent 1000 livres for 5 phantom blades. Really? 1000? I've spend hundreds just replacing all the lock picks I break. How am I supposed to make any money in this game? Lemme guess: the companion app? I have TONS of Creed Points, but I burn through money so fast, my pants are on fire.

Not at all. Considering that you get 70,000 Livres from finishing a Rank 5 Heist (if you maintain the full bonus), and that, when fully upgraded, you get close to 50,000 from the Cafe chest when it's full. Then you've got all the level-3 locked chests, which often contain 5,000 each. Money hasn't really proven to be an issue in this game. Even medicine, which is 2500 per, doesn't really bother me.

Anonua
11-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Prices really are no issue, maybe you hurt in the beginning of the game, but once you start gaining access to other resources and tricking out your club, you'll start getting more then you know what to do with.

Fatal-Feit
11-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Not really, I feel like they're too cheap. In the beginning, budget is short, but after a few hours, you'll be swimming in cash, making about 2-3k every minute from the Cafe alone.

xdohnutsx
11-17-2014, 10:00 PM
If you're having money issues in an Assassin's Creed game, you're not very good at gaming.

greywolf238
11-17-2014, 11:16 PM
LOL :D

If you're having money issues in an Assassin's Creed game, you're not very good at gaming.

To the OP

I'm only about 12% into this game I have like 65K, it wont' take long before you have more money than you know what to do with.

similarly
11-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks. I work almost 12 hours a day, so I only play, maybe 30 minutes to an hour a day. I just finished Sequence 3.

And xdohnutsx: I know you're joking, but you have no idea how right you are!

D.I.D.
11-18-2014, 12:40 AM
Open all the safe houses on the map, do missions and upgrade the Café Theatre, before you get too far into the game. All those other locations earn you money, and you need lots of it to buy the top equipment (plus, as you've seen, ammo). Price doesn't matter once you've done this.

You can farm Creed points from enemies by getting good with Parry. While single kills like Air Assassination will get you 150, you get 100 for every Perfect Parry bonus.

strigoi1958
11-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Open all the safe houses on the map, do missions and upgrade the Café Theatre, before you get too far into the game. All those other locations earn you money, and you need lots of it to buy the top equipment (plus, as you've seen, ammo). Price doesn't matter once you've done this.

You can farm Creed points from enemies by getting good with Parry. While single kills like Air Assassination will get you 150, you get 100 for every Perfect Parry bonus.

+1 ^ this ^

AKM_44rdv4rk
11-18-2014, 03:47 AM
+1 ^ this ^

+2

seriously, upgrade the café ASAP and you'll end up quite well off.

you wont think twice about refills.

ironlemur
11-18-2014, 04:31 AM
I am quite literally swimming in more money than I know what to do with solely due to the Cafe and that one Heist mission that pays out like 70k per run. Dump all your cash into the Cafe early on and you'll get your money back twenty-fold in a matter of hours.

Tysodie
11-18-2014, 05:00 AM

Could always do what I do and use the Assassin Cache ability to give yourself free lock picks and blades, not a single coin spent.

Xazur
11-18-2014, 05:08 AM
At the start of the game you should be looting all bodies anyways. Once you get your income maxed out you get 43k per hour.

similarly
12-03-2014, 01:06 AM
I don't know how you guys are getting 43,000 an hour.

I get about 10,000 every 20 minutes. I've bought every cafe, finished every cafe mission, done every upgrade on the main cafe ... and I'm still at 10,000 every 20 minutes.

I've spent a fair amount of cash on upgrading gear.

However, I STILL feel lockpicks and such are TOO expensive.

I've completely upgraded lock picking skill, and while it makes Level 1 and Level 2 locks really easy, the Level 3 lock picks still have a VERY narrow blue bar that's hard to hit. The other day, I was tired and blew four lock picks on that lock ... to get 1000 bucks ... most of which will go to more lock picks. Wow. Thanks.

As for the Cache ... yeah, I spent 10 skill points to get the Assassin's Cache ... which last about 3 seconds and rarely gives me medicine or lock picks.

I really don't like the twitchy lock picking in this game to begin with, but the price kind of takes away from the experience too.

strigoi1958
12-03-2014, 01:10 AM
I search every corpse and get lockpicks sometimes

ThePilgrim101
12-04-2014, 06:18 AM

No. Prices are good. I've been purposefully avoiding investing oodles into the flipping property to keep it that way, lest I become the Parisian Ezio.

Green_Reaper
12-04-2014, 08:15 AM
The Cafe is literally a free money bank. Upgrade everything and you are good for the rest of the game.

Or just keep re-doing heist. It feels like grinding in a mmo when you keep redoing the same heist missions over and over, for money.

EverAmbiguous
12-04-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm having a little trouble too, though I'm right about at the tipping point I think. I've renovated 5/7 satellite shops, and have three of the cafe theatre upgrades.

I have no idea what you people are talking about with thousands every twenty minutes, for me it's at 638 every 20.

similarly
12-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Once you have all the cafes and all the renovations and have done all the cafe missions, it's a bucket of money.

greymann17
12-04-2014, 01:37 PM
If you have the theater all the club houses maxed out and still need money, here is the one bug in the program I've found that helps the player.

When you have to stop playing for a while don't shut down. Just pause the game and when you come back the chest will be full, it keeps accumulating.

Since the game is so slow and jittery, I stopped after sequence 3 and started playing every extra mission available on the board. I have all weapons maxed out now and am starting to play all the coop missions private and since life calls from time to time I pause and come back to collect the cash. I would still prefer the game was really playable but this is amusing until they get it fixed.