PDA

View Full Version : Unity feels even more disappointing/lackluster compared to how AC3 was at the time.

MontrossXGMR
11-17-2014, 08:19 AM
I remember when AC3 came out and was such a big disappointment in terms of the glitches, unpolished mechanics, and boring gameplay/missions (Unity shares most of these problems). But at least AC3 had some memorable characters and moments in the story. Haytham Kenway is arguably one of the best characters in all of AC.

Unity on the other hand just seemed very bland and forgettable. The story is confusing at times and many of the characters are not properly introduced and developed to care enough about them. There were no epic moments in Unity's story that you would want to go on youtube and watch re-runs of it.

But the good news is that Ubisoft can only go up from here. Remember how good Black Flag was after all of AC3's criticism. I think Ubisoft will learn from the fans feedback of Unity and make the next AC a great improvement in terms of the story, mechanics, etc.

What do you guys think? Agree/Disagree?

nswidan
11-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Only thing I hated about Unity is the stealth system. It's so broken. Everything gets you detected. When it comes to stealth, it doesn't have to be very realistic. That's not all, they are smart and dumb as hell at the same time. XD If you use your gun to take down a guard, the guard next to him will look at him and go back to his post like nothing happened. But use a smoke bomb near them and you're cornered. So the things that shouldn't get you detected, get you detected, and the other way around. Other than that, the game is very close to perfection for me.The missions were just amazing!

Nothing was really special in Assassin's Creed III, it was alright. Horrible stealth system though. Just run and hope for the best. XD

Oh! And in Unity, the double assassinations are broken too. Guards have to be hugging each other before you can pull off a double assassination. Got detected so many times because of that, thinking I was gonna get them both.

ace3001
11-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I didn't like the cities of AC3 (Frontier was great, though) and I didn't like the story at all. I love the city of ACU and at least initially liked the story. But I'd still say AC3 is a better game simply by virtue of the fact that it mostly worked as expected.

MontrossXGMR
11-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Only thing I hated about Unity is the stealth system. It's so broken. Everything gets you detected. When it comes to stealth, it doesn't have to be very realistic. That's not all, they are smart and dumb as hell at the same time. XD If you use your gun to take down a guard, the guard next to him will look at him and go back to his post like nothing happened. So the things that shouldn't get you detected, get you detected, and the other way around. Other than that, the game is very close to perfection for me.The missions were just amazing!

Nothing was really special in Assassin's Creed III, it was alright. Horrible stealth though.

I agree about the detection system in Unity being bad. It seems like guards spot you so easily to the point where it is no longer fun anymore. Realism is not always fun in video games. AC3 had the same problem with guards being able to detect you so easily. Black Flag fixed alot of the bad stealth mechanics from AC 3 so thats why im hoping that the next AC game will be much better

MontrossXGMR
11-17-2014, 08:55 AM
I will say that the Black Box assassination missions were great in Unity but they would have been even better with better developed and more polished game mechanics.

king-hailz
11-17-2014, 09:12 AM
ACU game play is not boring to me. It's the funnest AC game I have played! The story is meh. But I think AC3 story was also meh. I just love running around Paris on the rooftops and doing the side missions!