PDA

View Full Version : I Lost My Save Today!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

IsaacXHB
11-17-2014, 07:42 AM
I Lost My Save Today!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!
My Achievement Still Here !
http://s9.postimg.org/fqh0h1gwt/image.png

Help >_<

http://s1.postimg.org/adxqd07ct/image.png

Gaming Time Is 0 hours 0 min ???

I played more than At least 10 hours!!
What the hell is going on ?!!

===============================================
after about 6 hours,
My save is back...
http://s23.postimg.org/d92cww5d5/ACU_2014_11_17_20_27_04_18.png
Ubisoft's Server problem fixed .. ??
Hope No more This happened again... =.="""

eightyonefish
11-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Me too! Seems there are a lot of people with the same issue, multiple threads about the problem. Waiting for a response from Ubisoft.

monsimons
11-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Just happened to me. Very frustrating. I hope there's a way to resolve this without having to replay everything. I haven't finished the game but I've poured ~20 into it, building Arno.

Mahashyaen
11-17-2014, 08:28 AM
I've lost all my saves too. I'm cancelling all my pre-orders. And turn off the Cloud synchronization of save games in settings..

monsimons
11-17-2014, 08:40 AM
I hope there's file history of saves on Ubisoft's servers. I don't have enough time to play and I got this far for 4 days only because I had a free weekend. I don't see it starting again in the coming months. Sigh...

Irxe
11-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Try to set the Uplay to offline mode. I lost my save file just now, the minute I saw the intro cutscene, i exit the game quickly and set the Uplay to offline mode. Lucky it did not over ride my files yet. Try it out, hope it helps.

P0UT1NE
11-17-2014, 08:55 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I put in 22 hours 39 minutes. this is unacceptable!

Drakken316
11-17-2014, 08:57 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/952443-Temporary-Reset-Progress-Fix-PC

P0UT1NE
11-17-2014, 09:18 AM

Nope, that was the first thing I tried, it reverts back my progress from 2 days ago.

pretty much ubisoft took our money and want us to wait a week or two maybe more to make the game playable.

But the important thing is they have our money.

IsaacXHB
11-17-2014, 09:18 AM

That don't work for me......

DoingNumber2
11-17-2014, 09:31 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I put in 22 hours 39 minutes. this is unacceptable!

Same her lost my progress twice :mad:

P0UT1NE
11-17-2014, 09:39 AM
In uplay if you press the down arrow besides the play button there is an option to revert save file, hopefully it works for you guys.

It reverts my save file back to November 13th though which is no good for me since i put in another 12 hours after that.

monsimons
11-17-2014, 09:43 AM
If this fix doesn't work...

Please, someone from Ubi, let us know if you can restore our saves or not. This is our time we're talking about here..

Mr.Braag
11-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Happened to me as well. I exit Uplay and re entered and my saves worked again.
This is why I always back my Uplay saves up. The Uplay cloud isn't reliable at all. I once lost my progress in ACIV and I learned since then to always back them up.

Zokana
11-17-2014, 10:58 AM
In uplay if you press the down arrow besides the play button there is an option to revert save file, hopefully it works for you guys.

It reverts my save file back to November 13th though which is no good for me since i put in another 12 hours after that.

I dont get that option

L3nzio
11-17-2014, 11:39 AM
I have this problem too.. I really dont like it. It startet a new Game and now i have 2 saves with 0%... Pls tell me you can fix this!

StarGlitter
11-17-2014, 12:13 PM
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS WELL.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
I PLAYED FOR 6 HOURS AND WHEN THEN THE GAME SAID I PLAYED FOR 0 HOURS.
NOW I CANNOT PLAY ASSASSIN CREED UNITY ONLINE BUT ONLY OFFLINE. i CANNOT PLAY THE ONLINE COOP MISSIONS.

Zokana
11-17-2014, 12:17 PM
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS WELL.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
I PLAYED FOR 6 HOURS AND WHEN THEN THE GAME SAID I PLAYED FOR 0 HOURS.
NOW I CANNOT PLAY ASSASSIN CREED UNITY ONLINE BUT ONLY OFFLINE. i CANNOT PLAY THE ONLINE COOP MISSIONS.

I think we are all waiting for some sort of response, right now we are all just screwed

Rozules
11-17-2014, 12:59 PM
I also, like many others, lost my save data. Thank Ubi. 20 hours. Just spent 20 hours to nowhere.

P0UT1NE
11-17-2014, 01:19 PM
I dont get that option

It should be the arrow right next to play button on your game page in uplay, where you can see your overview of uplay progress rewards actions and achivements.
if its not there for you then i'm not sure, I have that option but it only reverts back to progress from 3 days ago so its still useless.

Ubisoft has been a huge mess since the launch of this game, literally nothing works as intended.

Makes you wonder what the hell they were doing before launch.

Zokana
11-17-2014, 01:31 PM
It should be the arrow right next to play button on your game page in uplay, where you can see your overview of uplay progress rewards actions and achivements.
if its not there for you then i'm not sure, I have that option but it only reverts back to progress from 3 days ago so its still useless.

Ubisoft has been a huge mess since the launch of this game, literally nothing works as intended.

Makes you wonder what the hell they were doing before launch.

yes the black arrow next to play button on uplay only gives me option to uninstall / going back 3 days, i wish at least i would get half my game time back!

P0UT1NE
11-17-2014, 02:52 PM
play.ubi.com/#!/en-GB/maintenance

Looks like their maintenance is done and well our save files are still missing...

I think if you are unable to recover save files by now there is no way of getting them back. the save file in ubisoft could server was the same one i had in uplay_backup folder.

top job ubisoft! you make me not want to play this game anymore.

L3nzio
11-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Come on, it should be possible to get that save file back, in the compagnion app is everything still alright and also in the "uplay" ingame. Im really angry right now. WHY ARENT THE DEVS SAYING ANYTHING??

P0UT1NE
11-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Come on, it should be possible to get that save file back, in the compagnion app is everything still alright and also in the "uplay" ingame. Im really angry right now. WHY ARENT THE DEVS SAYING ANYTHING??

Cause they messed up, and they already have your money so they don't care anymore.

TBH I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to recover their save files from cloud server. It would be nice if we could but no point hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

You could try your back up folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames" if you look in those folders you should find a file named uplay_backup you could try those files.

takkuroda
11-17-2014, 03:47 PM
yeah, my save is gone too. I'm not gonna play anymore unless I get my save back.

I can't bear playing through it again, when it's so fresh in my head. It just ruins and cheapens the whole experience.

The kicker is that if I would have just used the crack, I would have never had this problem. I don't blame the devs. This is a problem with management and corporate. LET THE DEVS FINISH THE GAME. Don't force a release like this.

monsimons
11-17-2014, 06:57 PM
First, this:

I don't blame the devs. This is a problem with management and corporate. LET THE DEVS FINISH THE GAME. Don't force a release like this.
It's the managers, publishers, etc. which in this case are the same company. The game should have been released a few months later but that cannot happen after the company has established an 'a-game-a-year' release cycle, has announced their official release dates. There are also the unofficial arrangements they have made to all of the concerned third-parties if any (investors and others). It's all about the money. The devs are doing what they are told. They are actually in a very bad position because they are probably in crunch mode right now and have been in the last few months. This is the sad truth.

Second, I ran the game and my save was there. It's probably been a problem with their servers as some of you mentioned the maintenance is done now. Still I checked my save folder and indeed there were two files, the one smaller than the other. Anyway, I'm doing a backup right now and I hope all of you that still have your saves missing get them back.

This is a very poor service by Ubisoft. It's just ridiculous how such a big company with such a 'solid' franchise still manages to mess things up like this... With all those money they have they still allow themselves to screw up. I can't get my head around it.

My companion app has lost all of its progress and I believe this is also an issue with the servers. Hopefully it gets resolved as well as the inability to open nomad chests in-game after they have been unlocked in the companion app.

Good luck to you guys.

L3nzio
11-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Good job Ubi, 24 hours and still no comment to this situation... Should we start the game new and loose all our progress?

Exal-Esh
11-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Corrupted savegame here aswell... A comment from you is long overdue, Ubisoft. Your customers are screaming, and there's not a peep. You are treating us poorly.

Aerlynn
11-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Good job Ubi, 24 hours and still no comment to this situation... Should we start the game new and loose all our progress?

Indeed, I'd like AT LEAST to know if I have to lose any hope and start again. And some apologies.

dnameless1
11-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Use at your own risk. Has never failed for me, but don't complain (to me, anway) if it doesn't work for you.

This (obviously?) only works on a PC, and it's a bit late for those in this thread (and many others, I think..), but perhaps this is a helpful hint for the future.

Here's what I've done ever since just about every game developer out there quit making it possible to save your own progress (another wonderful thing introduced with the rise of the consoles, but I'll stop my rant here..):

In general (read: for just about every game ever released on Windows):

Find the location of where your particular game saves its progress. These are all over the place (disclaimer: date of remark: 2014-11-17, concerning Windows 7 and previous releases of Windows, game developers/MS, this is a hint..), so Google it/them.

Google is your friend, instructions for finding them ("them" being the savegame locations) can be found in many places. Having a steam or non-steam variant might cause a difference, so add that variable to your search too.

Copy them (directory, individual files, whatever) to a different place (be sure it's not a "move" action, hold CTRL if not sure, or perhaps better: always!).

If you want multiple backups, just use numbered directories (see screenshot in link later), perhaps with a description in the directory's name, and repeat often, or at least as often as you'd like to have a backup.

I hate having to replay stuff so I do this just about every time I see, or suspect, a game has saved progress. Alt-tab works for me 999 out of a 1000, so for me I don't have to quit a game to do this. I just alt-tab, have 2 standard explorer windows open (see screenshot in link later), and just copy the relevant stuff to "the other side". Pain in the *ss? Yes. Better than replaying huge parts of a game because of corruption? Hell yes (imo).

Ubisoft savegames specific (up till now, anyway):

Again: Use at your own risk. Has never failed for me, but don't complain (to me, anway) if it doesn't for you.

Since you'll be backing up your saved games manually now, turn off the "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" option in Uplay client.

Did I mention: "Use at your own risk. Has never failed for me, but don't complain (to me, anway) if it doesn't for you"? I did? Ah, good.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames is the place where my Ubisoft savegames seem to end up, there's a number/letter combination directory in there, that holds all(?) your "current" Ubisoft savegame directories. There's a bunch of directories with numbers in there. You can probably check which directory belongs to which game by checking the creation/modification dates/times of those directories (you do have those "Creation date/Modification date" details turned on, right? Otherwise, please use Google to find out how to turn those on for your particular OS).

Got screwed? Got corrupted savegames? No sweat. Since now you (probably) have a working backup of your savegame(s).

Want to restore them? Quit the game. Delete the directory that contains your (probably) corrupted savegame (make a temporary backup of the directory before you delete it, just to be sure.) Copy the directory from your backup directory (or directories) to the place of origin. Launch game. And then, smile, I hope.

Again. Use at your own risk. And again, this has worked for me for many years.

I hope this might help, at least for future cases.

Not entirely offtopic: Game developers etc everywhere:
Please, for the love of everything holy, reintroduce a save/load menu. Sierra already had it in King's Quest (1!), please add it again. It was there for a reason. This thread, and many others like it, are there for a reason. And really, they shouldn't exist.

edit: forgot the screenshot link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=96851838076625673844

monsimons
11-17-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm using GameSave Manager with a custom rule for ACU. It works too and it's easy to create an archive with saves. Just my 2 centimes.

Nocturnal626
11-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Ok...Ok... so i have already lost complete faith in EA Games and one of my fav franchises battlefield with there last 2 launches. Now another title i adore AC is releasing unfinished buggy products with a full price tag!! This is not ok!!!! Every company is turning to ****. pages and days of people with issues and not a single answer from anyone at Ubisoft That is unacceptable you guys messed up and need to answer!!! Where are our save files or where is our refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys even added a micropay option for every aspect of the damm game!! so i spend 40 bucks building up arno and then boom save file gone WHERE DID MY 40 BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!! im just done. Another franchise i have followed from the beginning ruined! Im going to cancel my pre-order for farcry4 even though i have loved the farcry franchise i can't give anymore money to a company that wont even answer the people who purchased their product and are having difficulties.

jcasell
11-18-2014, 01:07 AM
lost all my stuff too, no "fixes" have worked for me either.

P0UT1NE
11-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Ok...Ok... so i have already lost complete faith in EA Games and one of my fav franchises battlefield with there last 2 launches. Now another title i adore AC is releasing unfinished buggy products with a full price tag!! This is not ok!!!! Every company is turning to ****. pages and days of people with issues and not a single answer from anyone at Ubisoft That is unacceptable you guys messed up and need to answer!!! Where are our save files or where is our refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys even added a micropay option for every aspect of the damm game!! so i spend 40 bucks building up arno and then boom save file gone WHERE DID MY 40 BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!! im just done. Another franchise i have followed from the beginning ruined! Im going to cancel my pre-order for farcry4 even though i have loved the farcry franchise i can't give anymore money to a company that wont even answer the people who purchased their product and are having difficulties.

In my personal opnion EA are much better than ubisoft, even if you consider their games are unsatisfactory, they have this thing called Origin Great Game Gurantee where if you are not satisfied with the product you can easily get a refund within 7 days of game release.. It would be great if ubisoft would do the same but I have no hope.

This game is broken to a point where I don't feel like playing anymore and the lost progress was the last straw.