PDA

View Full Version : Lost Cloud Save (again).

MentalHegemony
11-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Logged on to play a few minutes ago (16 Nov/9PM EST) and I went straight to the opening scene as if I was starting a new game. Puzzled, I exited the game and UPLAY and went back in. Got an error that my save file had been corrupted (When did this happen, while my PC was off?) And now there's no cloud save for me, no option to pick back up after hours and hours of play. Flashbacks of Black Flag when I lost my cloud save at 90% completion.

Thanks again, UbiSoft. I will not be starting this over from square one, just like I didn't finish Black Flag. I am not going through the tedious job of collecting all that junk, unlocking the enigma armor, and every dang sector of the city again. You can either back up my file from a cloud backup that surely you must have, or I just go back to the retailer and get my money back for this horrible game. What a waste of time and money.

KinGDm0102
11-17-2014, 04:15 AM
yesterday i play ac unity to chapter 6 ,but today lost the save ,How can i take it back!

MentalHegemony
11-17-2014, 05:18 AM
If it's anything like Black Flag, they will tell you that they can not restore your save files from the cloud and that you will just have to start over (so sorry).. The specific advice they gave me last time was to disable cloud save and use a third party save game backup program to keep copies of my saves. Great company, right?

Of course if you don't cloud save you probably can't use the companion app, since it syncs with the cloud and if your game isn't saved in the cloud, then that's going to be a problem, since there's stuff you can't unlock unless you play the app.

By the way, the patched companion app crashed on me again today and I lost all progress in that, as well. So had to start all over for the 3rd time. I'm betting there is a connection there. Something in the broken app corrupting my cloud save, perhaps?

Who know? I only know they won't care enough to do anything about it, just like the last game. They've made their sale, now it's our problem. It's the last sale they will ever make to me, and many of my gamer friends who are also very upset with similar problems. This is a worse launch than Bugthesda had with Skyrim, and I didn't know that would be possible! Now there are 2 companies I will never buy from again. Bethesda and UbiSoft.

Dragon Age in 2 days. That's how long it will take me to forget this crappy game. Come on EA, let's hope your launch doesn't go like EverSoft's did.

Diarmuid_III
11-17-2014, 06:09 AM
I am so pissed off right now. After several days of play my AC Unity saved game data is corrupted and I have to start a new game. I wouldn't mind if I could go back to an older save. I really don't know if I want to start a new game having not even completed it one time around. This really is so disappointing. I was up to sequence 9. Yea I'm really pissed off.:mad:

eightyonefish
11-17-2014, 07:12 AM
In the same boat - I just lost all my save data exactly as descried in the opening post. I don't want to re-play many days of story. After every sesion it would say "syncing games to the cloud", what the point in all that syncing if there is no redundancy built in when problems occur? How do I know this won't happen again 40 hours into the game?

tenpoundpom
11-18-2014, 12:40 AM
I seem to have lost my save too, but unlike black flag it looks like they might actually fix it. Theres a statement on thier website (i dont know where, only heard about it) saying that nobodys save has been lost and itll be fixed soon... we'll see about that anyway

jcasell
11-18-2014, 01:01 AM
same problem as OP... wheres this statement youre talking about?

tenpoundpom
11-18-2014, 05:01 AM
idk but this is copied from the forum post where i read it, note that the link doesnt work properly:

Check http://uplay.ubi.com/#!/en-GB/maintenance

It says....

"There are intermittent issues impacting some Uplay services.
We're actively working to solve these issues.
Gamers can be reassured that no progress data associated with these services will be lost.
We apologize for any inconvenience."

Tysodie
11-18-2014, 05:05 AM
Going to post a solution I posted in another thread

1. Disable Uplay cloud save game synchronization.
2. Switch Uplay to offline mode.
3. Navigate to the file directory where your saves are located, will look something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames"
4. There should be 2 files 1.save and 2.save, before deleting anything I copied the files elsewhere just in case. Delete the 2.save file (will be the smallest).
5. Start the game up and your save should be restored.