PDA

View Full Version : That's...it?! Please tell me that's not it. (Possible spoilers)

Steelray25
11-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Spent the better part of 2 days doing all of the Nostradamus Enigma puzzles. They're a real PITA, there's way too many of them and it takes entirely too much time.

If you don't have a really good working knowledge of Paris, you're going to spend a lot of time on Google.

It's a very painful process. But, hey, it's totally worth it, right? I mean, similar things in past ACs gave us a sweet armor set (if they sometimes looked awful). We're told the fragments unlock a legendary set of armor.

So I open the cage, and...

I get a COSTUME?!?!?! That's IT?!?!?! Not even a good one. It's basically Altair's uniform in different colors!!!! No armor. No boost to stats. No special effect.

Say it isn't so. Please tell me I missed something.

Conniving_Eagle
11-17-2014, 03:22 AM
You missed the fact that it gets you a trophy and one step closer toward 100%/Platinum. Therefore, it is totally worth it. For me, at least.

ace3001
11-17-2014, 03:38 AM
Yes, that's it, and the costume is just a colour swap of Altair's robes. Fun, huh?

You missed the fact that it gets you a trophy and one step closer toward 100%/Platinum. Therefore, it is totally worth it. For me, at least.

If you play games for trophies, yeah, but for some of us, trophies/achievements don't matter at all.

JustPlainQuirky
11-17-2014, 04:04 AM
would have been better if the costume looked nice IMO

but it doesnt

F3nix013
11-17-2014, 04:37 AM
You know, i actually started doing that before i took the game back but was only able to complete 3. But since you are saying that it doesnt do **** for the stats and all it is, is just a different color of another outfit, im glad i didnt waste my time on it cuz i would have undoubtedly thrown my controller at the wall.

Gotta love the lack of a good reward system in this game. I dont care if it was for trophies either. I would have wanted not just the trophy but also that stat increase. You know, just like with ACBF and Brotherhood? I collected all 5 keys and got the Templar outfit and that had a nice stat boost. Just like when i got all the Myan keystones for the myan outfit that was a precursor armor and found out that had a better stat increase than that of the Templar armor. And i collected all the stone tablets to unlock Altairs armor for THAT stat increase. Not to mention Revelations and the armor of Brutus after i went hunting for that as well.

I dont know why Ubisoft strayed from that in this game.

Conniving_Eagle
11-17-2014, 05:25 AM
Then why'd you try and get the armor. You know there's a preview of what it looks like if you go under the 'Outfits' section of Equipment, right? That's what it is - Altair's costume in different colors.

Steelray25
11-17-2014, 06:15 AM
Then why'd you try and get the armor. You know there's a preview of what it looks like if you go under the 'Outfits' section of Equipment, right? That's what it is - Altair's costume in different colors.

Because even in game they say "ARMOR." Not "clothing."

Based on past ACs, this would imply a great set. Hell, I'd even be happy with a single UBER piece. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Just some pretty blue rags I'll never wear and wouldn't want.

ace3001
11-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Like mentioned before, the full sets of armors from previous games like Altair's armor in AC2, Brutus' armor in ACB, a couple of sets in ACR, they all were actual sets of armor with properties. Compared to those, this is just an outfit which is mislabelled as armor.