PDA

View Full Version : So much confusion *[SPOILERS]*

thecodeman715
11-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Okay, finished the campaign to Unity (and Rogue) and so many questions. I'm a huge AC fan, and am finally starting to see that the Templars aren't 'bad'. Especially after Rogue and Unity. To start, Arno was excommunicated from the Order, and after killing the Grand Master, he has his monolog on the Creed and what it stands for. At what point does he become an Assassin again? I can't remember being reinitiated. Also, where did the Adaptive Mission Mechanic go? The Assassination missions are kind of like what they said, but many missions can desynchronize you if you don't follow your target. Finally, did anyone feel bad for some of the Templars Arno killed? The King of Beggars wanted to join the order (I believe he would have been a huge asset) and he was turned down by Mirabeau. And another Target was a fan of Mirabeau, who blew him off, and subsequently joined the Templars. I feel that it was the Assassins fault that some Templars joined the Templar order. Just so many questions, hope they get answered.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

RainbowPheonix9
11-17-2014, 03:05 AM
On your picture all the way at the end in the left, who is that girl with the hood and what video game is she from?

thecodeman715
11-17-2014, 03:11 AM
Kasumi Goto from the Mass Effect Series. My favorite games series (tied with AC)

Charles_Phipps
11-17-2014, 03:34 AM
It seems the Templars are normally not bad people.

Just ruthless (but so are the Assassins).

It's just Abstergo, WW2, and the Borgias are when they were REALLY evil.

thecodeman715
11-17-2014, 03:49 AM
It seems the Templars are normally not bad people.

Just ruthless (but so are the Assassins).

It's just Abstergo, WW2, and the Borgias are when they were REALLY evil.

That's true. After playing Rogue and Unity, I know think of them as political parties. Both want a better society, but they want different ways of achieving it. Now do yiu know if Arno's an Assassin at the end? Like everything goes back to normal, as if he wasn't excommunicated.

thecodeman715
11-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Grrr..... Super confused if Arno is actually an Assassin at the end of the game or not.

Charles_Phipps
11-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Grrr..... Super confused if Arno is actually an Assassin at the end of the game or not.

He considers himself one but he's been fired.

It's the inherent problem with religion, even if you're a secular one like the Assassins.

"You're out of Christianity, forever."
"I still believe I'm one, though."
"But...you can't do that!"
"WATCH ME!"

It happened with Aveline after she straight up murdered her mentor.

VestigialLlama4
11-17-2014, 02:48 PM
He considers himself one but he's been fired.

It's the inherent problem with religion, even if you're a secular one like the Assassins.

"You're out of Christianity, forever."
"I still believe I'm one, though."
"But...you can't do that!"
"WATCH ME!"

It happened with Aveline after she straight up murdered her mentor.

Well, by that point Connor reformed the American Brotherhood, so he more or less shrugged and brought her back in.

I guess the rules for membership and initiation are flexible when there are fewer Assassins around at which point you can decide what to do and how to do it.

I think the Assassin's issues with mentors is a problem that should be addressed, it's a pretty medieval way of running things and they need to I don't know get more creative.

Charles_Phipps
11-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Well, by that point Connor reformed the American Brotherhood, so he more or less shrugged and brought her back in.

I guess the rules for membership and initiation are flexible when there are fewer Assassins around at which point you can decide what to do and how to do it.

I think the Assassin's issues with mentors is a problem that should be addressed, it's a pretty medieval way of running things and they need to I don't know get more creative.

It's the irony because Altair was a Warrior Monk and kind of an arrogant ***, even when he supposedly learned his "lesson." Recognizing the irony of protecting free-will by creating an army of close minded fanatics doesn't eliminate the problem.

It's why Desmond Miles left.

thecodeman715
11-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Arno is still allowed in the sanctuary after the game also. Maybe he was allowed back in and we just didn't see it. I think it was a poor decision by the team who created the story.