PDA

View Full Version : ACU Multiplayer Chat

DatoNatenadze
11-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Is it possible to chat in the co op missions? If so, how? If not, why the heck not, seems like it would be essential to a coordinated stealth game....

asph3ll
11-17-2014, 03:12 AM
So from what I've been able to tell so far:

1. Yes there is voice chat.
2. It's automatic, with no keybind to activate. Like skype, or other non-PTT voice chat systems.
3. There's no way to set up what mic/speakers it uses, if any.
4. It doesn't necessarily use your default devices.
5. It doesn't necessarily use ANY devices.

So basically, there's a small chance that, if the game decides to use your microphone, you can speak to other players. If it doesn't decide to, you can't. Also there's a small chance that the game decides to use the correct (if any) speakers for other peoples voice, enabling you to actually hear what they say.

All of the above is just an educated guess as I've played many co-op games where players have had a voice chat (speaker) icon next to their name, however I've never been able to hear them with any of my audio devices, primary or not. Also despite the fact that I do have a default microphone set to primary microphone for all uses, I have never been able to communicate with any other players within the game.

There's also no settings for voice chat within the game options, simply a "slider" for voice volume which, due to the above, I've never seen make any difference despite being default set to max.

So TL;DR there's voice chat in the game, but it doesn't work at all, you're better off just using skype or ventrillo or teamspeak or whatever other program you want. You could also use the voice chat function on uplay itself but that's a freaking stupid idea since uplay sucks and the voice chat most likely does too...

shiNjiTV
11-17-2014, 03:55 AM
I have no issues running the game. That being said I really wish there was a way to control the in-game voice, if there is any. Like you all have said, it would be great for Co-Op Missions. A setting to control incoming and outgoing voice. An option to use Push-To-Talk/Voice Activation/Continuous voice.

Most games now and days have this type of feature. I'm not sure why this was not included.

DatoNatenadze
11-17-2014, 04:12 AM
So from what I've been able to tell so far:

1. Yes there is voice chat.
2. It's automatic, with no keybind to activate. Like skype, or other non-PTT voice chat systems.
3. There's no way to set up what mic/speakers it uses, if any.
4. It doesn't necessarily use your default devices.
5. It doesn't necessarily use ANY devices.

So basically, there's a small chance that, if the game decides to use your microphone, you can speak to other players. If it doesn't decide to, you can't. Also there's a small chance that the game decides to use the correct (if any) speakers for other peoples voice, enabling you to actually hear what they say.

All of the above is just an educated guess as I've played many co-op games where players have had a voice chat (speaker) icon next to their name, however I've never been able to hear them with any of my audio devices, primary or not. Also despite the fact that I do have a default microphone set to primary microphone for all uses, I have never been able to communicate with any other players within the game.

There's also no settings for voice chat within the game options, simply a "slider" for voice volume which, due to the above, I've never seen make any difference despite being default set to max.

So TL;DR there's voice chat in the game, but it doesn't work at all, you're better off just using skype or ventrillo or teamspeak or whatever other program you want. You could also use the voice chat function on uplay itself but that's a freaking stupid idea since uplay sucks and the voice chat most likely does too...

If this is true, it may just be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And I'd love to use skype and all but I don't know anyone who has this game and I can't really ask anyone in game for their skype cuz well #Topic.

Anonua
11-17-2014, 08:43 AM
My group uses a team speak, but ubisofts in-game voice chat is actually done through Uplay. You're welcome to add me to play together and join our TS

Tanyn
11-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Aye, we've used TS and UPlay voice chat (which, contrary to previous posts, DOES contain setup options for your ingoing and outgoing sound devices), either way, it works.