PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Lockpicking Help. Very Twitchy.

similarly
11-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Do you guys have tips on doing the lockpicking in AC Unity? I have the first level of skill in lockpicking, and yes, I know I need to level up, but I can't do it until I complete Sequence 5 (just finished Sequence 3).

The area I have to hit is quite small and the moving bar moves quite fast. I'm a 43 year old with arthritis and bifocals. Any ideas how to time it? Has anybody leveled up their lockpicking? Does it get easier?

Note to Devs: while I hated it at first, I grew to love the lockpicking in AC3. I felt like I was actually picking a lock. It would be nice if, rather than JUST a skill, we could actually play around with the lockpicks. The lockpick mechanics in Wolfenstein TNO were also good (imo). Hopefully, this will be something I'll get used to as well.

Anykeyer
11-17-2014, 08:07 AM
If you see more than 1 pin just cancel. You arent supposed to unlock this with just basic lockpicking skill.

DynaRider
11-17-2014, 06:13 PM
As AC-Mako says just try the chests with one pin until you are able to increase your skills. Also if you back out of the lockpick and re-enter the target box will move to a different location on the bar and might be a bit easier to hit. Also, changing Arno's belt can get you additional lock picks.

greywolf238
11-17-2014, 11:30 PM
I like how they did lock picking in Skyrim, they should have done something like that.

WitWolfy
11-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Even the lock picking in Dust is done perfectly.

SenseHomunculus
11-18-2014, 04:24 PM
I acquired a belt with 20 extra lockpicks, so while I'm only level 1 lockpick skill, I've been able to open level 3 locks, pretty much by lucky timing.

But for the OP, I agree, it's not very well done, especially for people with less twitchy control skills. You'll just have to level up and then it gets easier. Good part is, you'll have a lot of treasure waiting for you later on!! :D

Kytr
11-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Also, once the box is on your map, it stays there so you can find it again. But they intend that you can only open 1 pin locks with level 1, 2 pins with level 2 and 3 pins with level 3.

similarly
11-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Every red box I come across is two or three tumblers and I get a message that it's too difficult. Thank you SO much, Ubisoft. I kinda figured that out. However, I CAN'T level up until after sequence five. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the "level" in this game is just arbitrary chickensxxt to drag the game out.

whalechan
11-22-2014, 02:38 AM
That is the case btw, side quests and collectibles are probably 80% of the game. The missions so far weren't too complicated nor the sequences are containing more than 2-3 missions.....

Berol1991
11-23-2014, 12:31 AM
LLike always in AC. Most game is side actions.

Yep. I prefered Lockpicking in AC III. Or really ANY other game with lockpicking I play. More randomness or fast hands than puzzle. You know Ubi. Lockpicking in real world is precise, slow work, not fast-action. It isn't catching flies.

Anykeyer
11-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Every red box I come across is two or three tumblers and I get a message that it's too difficult. Thank you SO much, Ubisoft. I kinda figured that out. However, I CAN'T level up until after sequence five. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the "level" in this game is just arbitrary chickensxxt to drag the game out.

Yep. I call it burglar simulator 2014.
Anyway. In story missions most locks are limited to the level of mastery you can have at the moment. Having lockpicking maximised noticably increases your options, so its probably the most important skill in the game.

DragonSlayerZ28
09-23-2018, 10:36 PM
The lock-picking skill I need as with most of the skills available cost 10 of the little A's or whatever they are. Currently I have 1(ONE) been that way for hours. I mean lots of HOURS. I have no ideal how to get more of them, but whatever is is apparently I'm not doing it. I'm starting to thing that it is connected to playing on-line I Do-Not do this I buy games that have single player because I am a single player. So if this is the case, then when I'm done my map will be covered by red chest and those stupid Co-Op mission avatars because I wont be playing any of those. I'm old and slow, and for some reason I don't enjoy being fodder for teenagers. They need to add an option for finding over 60 year old players(verified) then i might try some Co-Op. So does anyone know how to get the little A's or whatever they are?

Anykeyer
09-24-2018, 09:17 AM
- main story missions completion
- coop mission objectives
- coop missions "hidden" collectibles, they can be found only during specific coop missions, they dont appear during regular freeroam
use this guide https://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-5-unity/Sync_Points