PDA

View Full Version : AC buffs: Does Rogue retcon the AC timeline? (Rogue ending SPOILERS)

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Okay so those who have played and finished Rogue and saw the bit at the end where Shay convinces Haytham to spare Achille's life(but instead shoots him in the knee which is why he walks with a cane in AC3) does anyone remember that it was originally that the Colonial Templars led an attack on the homestead killing all the assassins but leaving Achilles alive on the condition he gives up the assassin cause? I frequently go to the AC wiki and look at the timeline and there is this part about the event which was supposed to happen in 1763:

The Colonial Templars led an attack on the Davenport Homestead, the headquarters of the Colonial Assassin Brotherhood, nearly wiping out all the Assassins and causing the destruction of the Davenport manor. Their Mentor Achilles Davenport was spared on the condition that he gave up the Assassins' cause.

I also think I remember it saying that on the timeline on the old AC Initiates site. So does this mean that Rogue effectively retcons the timeline having had the assassins gradually wiped out between 1755 and 1760? And having Achilles give up earlier? Thoughts?

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Actually.....off-topic but I don't recall Shay ever sinking the Aquila.

Color me disappointed.

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Actually.....off-topic but I don't recall Shay ever sinking the Aquila.

Color me disappointed.

Maybe in a DLC or something? Cause this is from the wiki's page on the Aquila:

Eventually, the Templars uncovered the fact that the Aquila had not been destroyed and, in 1768, three British frigates ambushed the ship, nearly destroying it. Both the Aquila and Faulkner survived and managed to escape to the Davenport Homestead, where they would remain until the arrival of the Assassin Connor, who elected to defray the cost of the vessel's repairs.

So maybe we'll get a DLC where Shay and Haytham discover that the Aquila is hunting down Templar ships and you have to track it or something. Would be cool.

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 10:39 PM
So maybe we'll get a DLC where Shay and Haytham discover that the Aquila is hunting down Templar ships and you have to track it or something. Would be cool.

Should have been in the main story so that DLC could be saved for Connor or Eseosa.

But now since it's not in there, it should be the DLC. *sighs*