PDA

View Full Version : My Take On AC:U. Been Here Since AC:1

Lord Follman
11-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Hey everyone, new to the boards but not new to the series. I have beaten every AC game since AC:1, (minus rogue, waiting for remaster maybe?). I have to say I am really enjoying this game. I know the game has alot of scrutiny right now and some of the criticism is warranted. Some things that jump out negatively for me is no save slots, whistle gone, much harder to be stealthy, and just taking out some game play features.

BUT, I do have to say i am really loving the game so far. The story is not great but it is interesting (I am currently on sequence 8). We all love Ezio and I think Ubisoft is having a tough time trying to find that iconic character again. But I have been looking at reviews for the game and it is averaging anywhere from 6.5-8. I think that is ludicrous. I was so pumped to play AC3 and I am a huge history nut. When that game was annoucned I went crazy. I have never been anticipating a game so much, and although not bad, it definitely wasn't great for the conclusion of the trilogy. It didnt feel like an AC game so much to me. It lacked in alot of areas especially the main character. Now I know some people really love that game, we are all entitled to our own opinion, but how that game has far better reviews then AC:U is mind-boggling.

AC:U looks great (minus the glitches). Plays great. Sounds great. I am having a ton of fun with it. I know many people love black flag as well and with good reason. I also enjoyed it much more then I thought it would, but I already like Unity more then BF. I feel this is the first TRUE new gen game for the franchise. I think it is a right step in the direction for the franchise.

My ONLY major gripe if the modern day storyline. I think it has obviously gone downhill. I actually really liked BF modern day story. I understand it lacked a central character, but i loved walking around Abstergo and finding clues, it was alot of fun personally. Yet, AC:U is lacking really any type of progression to the modern day story. I really think it is time to focus on the Modern Day storyline and really nail down a plot and get that going.

Overall, enjoying the game. Sorry for the length of the post. But just wanted to get my opinion out there.

Sejdovic11
11-17-2014, 03:33 AM
Nothing wrong with your opinion mate, but let's be honest. This game is pure garbage at the state it is right now, let's face it. Review's are poor, and should be poor. Optimization of this game is just ridiculous, even high-end PC's have huge problems with handling this cra*. Yeah, Paris looks beautiful, graphics are amazing, but the game is not playable at all at the moment. It's not just frame rate problems, there is thousand another big bugs, glitches and so on. They released TWO!! patches, and nothing seems to be better with gameplay experience. Arno is just not interesting character, there is a big hole in his story. I've been with AC since the beggining, played AC:1 back in 2007. Always enjoyed every single one of them, but don't tell my that Unity is good game. No, from the AC standarts it's weak. They removed a lot of cool feautures from it, like whistling, hidden blade as a primary weapon, they removed bare hands combat and so on. This is huge step back for AC series, one of the worst experince with the games of all time for me personally. Of course, there are a lot of people that likes AC:U, like you for example, but if somebody asks me if he should buy this game I would be happy to say NO, spend your hard earned money for something else, if you want for Knack, doesn't matter at all, you'll have better experience with it. Let's face it, this is unfinished product sold to a lot of people, it's just not worth that much. And oh, I forgot... Companion app... Who the fu*k came up with that idea? Why the fu*k would I have to download some *****y app to be able to open chests? Whatever, looks like they need more money from us, customers. Let's see what they have done with Far Cry 4, I canceled my pre-order, but if reviews and people's feedback will be good, I will be more than happy to buy it and enjoy it. Unity is just not enjoyable at it should be. Potential was sky high, but execution was just let's say poor... Just my opinion, if you enjoy AC:U enjoy it even more, wish you best... Cheers!

Beard-Knight
11-17-2014, 03:47 AM
I've been a fan since AC1 too. Though I feel that AC: U is definitely the weakest of the franchise -- the only thing that AC: U does better is Co-Op, and that is completely dependent on the quality of Ubisofts servers.

- The main plot was incredibly weak and Arno's personality was non-existent. Not as bad as Aiden Pearce, but pretty close in terms of detachment.

- The game was/is unfinished. It should have never released in the state that it did. This will have a negative effect on consumer trust and will likely hurt future Creed titles.

- Gameplay as it stands now, is poor in comparison to other AC titles. movement feels sluggish, Arno gets stuck on multiple objects, stealth is broken (i.e. enemies seeing you through walls) and climbing feels like it has taken two steps back, scaling down buildings was great in theory, but putting it into practice has had less than stellar results and seems to have negatively impacted scaling up buildings as well.

- Lots of bad design decisions including locking chests behind apps, locking chests behind a separate website (which doesn't work) and locking the majority of endgame armor behind "club competitions".

- Character models look great when they work -- However hair is a definite issue and often breaks immersion in cutscenes because it just kind of floats in front of NPC's faces.

I'm not sure why they released AC:U in this state, they could have easily taken another two months to sort out the various bugs and glitches and they'd have enough time left over to polish the game as well. It's just general poor management and a lack of quality control, which is sad because the game had a lot of promise, with a bit of polish and some bug fixes it could have overcome its shortcomings.

Sejdovic11
11-17-2014, 03:54 AM
I've been a fan since AC1 too. Though I feel that AC: U is definitely the weakest of the franchise -- the only thing that AC: U does better is Co-Op, and that is completely dependent on the quality of Ubisofts servers.

- The main plot was incredibly weak and Arno's personality was non-existent. Not as bad as Aiden Pearce, but pretty close in terms of detachment.

- The game was/is unfinished. It should have never released in that state that it did. This will have a negative effect on consumer trust in will likely hurt future Creed titles.

- Gameplay as it stands now, is poor in comparison to other AC titles. movement feels sluggish, Arno gets stuck on multiple objects, stealth is broken (i.e. enemies seeing you through walls) and climbing feels like it has taken two steps back, scaling down buildings was great in theory, but putting it into practice has had less than stellar results and seems to have negatively impacted scaling up buildings as well.

- Lots of bad design decisions including locking chests behind apps, locking chests behind a separate website (which doesn't work) and locking the majority of endgame armor behind "club competitions".

- Character models look great when they work -- However hair is a definite issue and often breaks immersion in cutscenes because it just kind of floats in front of NPC's faces.

I'm not sure why they released AC:U in this state, they could have easily taken another two months to sort out the various bugs and glitches and they'd have enough time left over to polish the game as well. It's just general poor management and a lack of quality control, which is sad because the game had a lot of promise, with a bit of polish and some bug fixes it could have overcome its shortcomings.

Word my man, W O R D! Nailed it, just like what I think.