PDA

View Full Version : Why does Ubisoft hate my computer?

PuppiDoge
11-16-2014, 09:51 PM
No seriously, why does Ubisoft hate my computer? What did I ever do to you Ubisoft? Did I not buy enough of your games? Or are you only trying to appeal to the millionaires who have computers with quad GTX Titans clocked at ~100 GHz and 1024GB of ram? Because me personally, I don't have that kind of PC, and you trying to push graphics like it is the only thing keeping you asleep at night just seems consumer hostile. I want to play your games, not have to pay up my cahoots to even get the game running at 15 FPS on low. It makes me so sad that the only way to keep up with your graphics and not be laughed at by other people who can run your games at 1000 FPS on Ultra is too pay thousands on a DECENT computer that doesn't overheat, doesn't crash, doesn't break and can run your games at a frame rate that doesn't give me a migraine and give me depression. :(

strigoi1958
11-16-2014, 11:08 PM
I think drivers in the next month might add 8% to 15% improvement... that's what seems to happen previously. I think behind the scenes Ubi are frantically working on ways to make it a little smoother but I wouldn't expect miracles. If your pc is way way under spec it may be time to upgrade something... I'm sure someone out there will show me a youtube clip of it running on a very very low spec system. but try to get at least 2 close to the Ram, Cpu and Gpu specs.

I have noticed there is a limited number of NPC's (obviously)... if there are 50 different Npc's and there are 100 of each type (50 x 100 = 5000 just checking ;)) and they found a way to remove 15 types (1500 NPC's) I think it would take the strain off the systems... thinning out the crowd might lead us to notice the people clones and less crowds might make running too easy but I don't think anyone would complain if it was optional. I don't think Ubi will try that but you never know... anyway FC4 and ROGUE is out soon :D

KmarkoPL
11-17-2014, 12:08 AM
I think drivers in the next month might add 8% to 15% improvement... that's what seems to happen previously. I think behind the scenes Ubi are frantically working on ways to make it a little smoother but I wouldn't expect miracles. If your pc is way way under spec it may be time to upgrade something... I'm sure someone out there will show me a youtube clip of it running on a very very low spec system. but try to get at least 2 close to the Ram, Cpu and Gpu specs.

I have noticed there is a limited number of NPC's (obviously)... if there are 50 different Npc's and there are 100 of each type (50 x 100 = 5000 just checking ;)) and they found a way to remove 15 types (1500 NPC's) I think it would take the strain off the systems... thinning out the crowd might lead us to notice the people clones and less crowds might make running too easy but I don't think anyone would complain if it was optional. I don't think Ubi will try that but you never know... anyway FC4 and ROGUE is out soon :D

My friend was running the game on MSI GTX480 1.5 Gb VRam witch is way below the recommended minimum , rest : processor : AMD FX-9590 and 16 Gb Ram
At the beginning he started the game in 720p , and all high .
To my surprise the game was running really good, but with noticeable frame rate drop but not extrem low so can be played and enjoyed .
Am still surprised that so manny people have big issue with the game even with the high spec rigs .
Fortunately I am not one of them and can play the game without any issues ,except occasionally bugs , but that is software problem and hope devs will sort it out soon .