PDA

View Full Version : Add slider in settings to adjust AI crowds

Rabbit032
11-16-2014, 08:55 PM
I am convinced many of these FPS issues are caused by the NPC crowds. I suggest adding in a slider to adjust draw distances and a % for how many NPCs will be loaded. They all ready have crazy low draw distances and some even share the same LODs which looks like crap. Allowing players to adjust the density and draw distances will allow for optimization to be done player side and allow them to raise of draw distances.

Its my own opinion that all the draw culls created by NPCs creates a significant amount of lag, and if that issue is fixed will allow for better adjustments in graphics.

ATI_Aero
11-16-2014, 11:18 PM
Good idea.
It's good for people that want higher LOD but doesn't care about the numbers of NPC's!

I really hopes that Ubisoft reacts @ this and the devs implement it in the game!

JacqueTheReaper
11-17-2014, 12:03 AM
I am convinced many of these FPS issues are caused by the NPC crowds..

Thats not entirely true. While this may apply to weaker rigs, i have no framerate issues with crowds. Its actually quite the opposite. Inside buildings and during cutscenes, areas with very few NPC's. I doubt large crowds would be a factor if the game wasnt so poorly optimized.

Rabbit032
11-17-2014, 02:47 AM
Thats not entirely true. While this may apply to weaker rigs, i have no framerate issues with crowds. Its actually quite the opposite. Inside buildings and during cutscenes, areas with very few NPC's. I doubt large crowds would be a factor if the game wasnt so poorly optimized.

You are right, its not entirely true, though it still would help performance for many with lower to mid range CPUs, mine is pretty good, I can run games like arma 2 and 3 on max, but this on high. My issue isn't so much the crowds but the number a draw culls, (which the npcs are contributing to) and whether they JUST use low draw distances to try and help or if they use occlusion meshes. Even with high end GPUs its still computationally expensive when you lack occlusion meshes, as you are loading all these extra polygons textures, shadows etc.